The Guide to Health

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
belija91
Veteran Member

The Guide to Health

Post by belija91 » 24 Apr 2007, 09:29

It's important to recognise that our body is really the product of our thoughts. For example, we are beggining to understand in medical science, the degree to which the nature of thoughts and emotions actually determines the physical substance and structure and function of our body.

In the healing arts, we've known of the placebo affect. A placebo is something that has no impact and no affect on the body, like a sugar pill or something. You tell the patient that it does, and what happens is the placebo has the same affect if not greater affect than the medication that is designed for that effect. So the mind is the biggest factor in the healing arts, more so sometimes than the medication.

It's important not to negate medicine, every form of healing has it's place, but it is just as important to understand that our thoughts and emotions play a very important role.There are thousands of different diagnoses and diseases out there but there just the weak link, they are all the result of one thing, stress.

What I'm trying to explain, is self-healing. If you get a wound, it grows back together. You get a bacterial infection, the imune system comes and takes care of those bacteria and heals it up. You brake your ankle, the same thing applies. The imune system is made to heal itself.

Disease can not live, in a body that's in a healthy emotional state. Your body is casting off millions of cells every second, and it's creating millions of new cells. Parts of our body are replaced everyday, other parts take a few months, other parts take years, but within a few years we have a brand new physical body.

If you have an injury and your focusing upon it, and your talking to people about it your not helping the recovery. Instead see yourself living in a perfectly healthy body, let the doctor worry about the injury. The difference between having an injury and feeling fearfull about it and having an injury and feeling hopefull about it is the difference between recovery or not.

To sum it all up, if you receive an injury, don't stress about it, don't think about it, don't think about the bad outcomes that can come from it, because you are not helping the recovery. Instead focus upon what you want, which is a healthy body. One strategy I use when I am injured is; every night before going to sleep, I would lie on my bed and visualise myself in a healthy physical state.

Hope this has helped, remember don't think about the injury, don't stress about it, instead give your undivided attention to being healthy again.
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

EnSoUl
Veteran Member

Post by EnSoUl » 24 Apr 2007, 10:08

ohh thx belija. that stuff is realy going to help me, since I just got full on whacked in the shin tonight :cry: but hey like you said, don't talk to people about the injury just focus on a healthy body :wink:

Chrus

re

Post by Chrus » 24 Apr 2007, 11:04

what do u mean
OOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo00000000000oooOOOOOOOOOO000000OO
Anxels

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 24 Apr 2007, 11:20

What don't you understand Chrus?

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 24 Apr 2007, 15:20

There is a certain balance between the mentality and physicality of health, thinking about an injury can make it feel worse, but I don't see any evidence that supports the theory of it changing the time it takes to heal itself.

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 24 Apr 2007, 16:17

What I am trying to say is your thoughts become your reality. Just because you are presented with information that doesn't mean you should believe it. That's the beauty of what im saying. Just because a doctor thinks you that will never walk again, that doesn't automatically determine your fate unless you think it does. It doesn't matter what the doctor thinks, it only matters what you think. Once you have your mind, you can peice things back together again. Positive thoughts, lead to essentially, a healthier biochemisty, a healthier body. Negative thoughts, stress, have shown to seriously degrade the body and the functioning of the brain, because it's our thoughts and emotions that are continuously reassembling, reorganising, recreating our bodies. Remove physiological stress from the body, and the body does what it was designed to do, it heals itself.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 24 Apr 2007, 16:40

Ultimately you're right. But it is the thoughts that lead to actions. If they doctor says you will never walk again, and you believe you will walk again, that will lead you to pursue the act of walking. It's not like just thinking about walking is going to make you walk the next day. You have the foundation correct, it's just the follow through that is missing.