The Expert Football Awards 2005

Monthly and yearly award polls, voted by forum members
Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 10 Jan 2006, 18:41

Ok guys I hope u appreciate this, cus it took me 1h 30 to do, and magicfeet, I have exams as well.

Most Useful Poster of the Year
Winner: Jdefoe
2nd: J
3rd: cfcrealmadrid

Freestyler of the Year

Winner: Owen4ever
2nd: SuperSyed
3rd: *yung_ital*

Best Veteran

Winner: *yung_ital*
2nd: jdefoe
3rd: Matt

Best idea of the year

Winner: Magicfeet
2nd: prtglsoccerfan22
3rd: Wiseman_philosopher

Funniest Member

Winner: Magicfeet
2nd: millerthescouser
3rd: Peps1154

Best Newbie

Winner: Sputnik
2nd: ratherton
3rd: = millerthescouser
= MickyD

Member of the Year
Winner: jdefoe
2nd: Matt
3rd: Magicfeet

More in-depth results to follow...
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

AC_Milan>*

Post by AC_Milan>* » 10 Jan 2006, 18:57

You cant vote for yourself Wiseman.

Sig by me.

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 10 Jan 2006, 18:59

AC_Milan>* wrote:You cant vote for yourself Wiseman.
wtf?!?!? I'm not stupid.
I just spent 1 1/2 hours doin the results. These are the results!!!!! :roll:
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 10 Jan 2006, 20:27

lol!!!!!!!

I think I speak for everyone when I say THANK YOU to Wiseman, I wouldnt have had the time or patience to work it all out.

*prepares acceptance speech for second place*

I'd like to thank my friends and family.......but since they didn't have anyhting to do with it, I won't bother. Cheers everyone!
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 10 Jan 2006, 20:33

More in-depth results to follow...
how so? :?
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

AC_Milan>*

Post by AC_Milan>* » 10 Jan 2006, 20:50

lol, sorry about that Wiseman. Thanks Wiseman for doing the results though.

Sig by me.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Post by jdefoe » 10 Jan 2006, 21:00

I'd like to thanks all the members, the expert, and everyone involved in the forums for making this site so successful. It's not what I have posted which made me win these awards, its what everyone in our community has done to improve this site. We are all winners here, thats why we are the best soccer forum on the Net.

*Breaks out champagne bottle*

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 11 Jan 2006, 00:42

congratulations to jdefoe, member of the year, and to everyone else as well.
jdefoe wrote:We are all winners here, thats why we are the best soccer forum on the Net.
ditto :D
Hala Galacticos

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 11 Jan 2006, 01:09

Wow I came 3rd in the funniest poster category. Awsom. Congrets to all the winners, u all rock!!!!!!!!

romania_soccer

Post by romania_soccer » 11 Jan 2006, 21:54

Aren't we supposed to vote for the actual winners now? The way I understood it, these were just the nominations.
Immediately start dealing with it.

J
Admin

Post by J » 11 Jan 2006, 22:07

romania_soccer wrote:Aren't we supposed to vote for the actual winners now? The way I understood it, these were just the nominations.
Thats what i thought too, oh well. I think all of the winners picked were pretty acurate choices anyway.

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 12 Jan 2006, 17:20

romania_soccer wrote:Aren't we supposed to vote for the actual winners now? The way I understood it, these were just the nominations.
i duno. surely that wud achieve the same/similar results? People wud jst b voting twice :?

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev » 13 Jan 2006, 12:33

I'm happy that some guys voted me as for the Veteran award... Thanks guys for giving me confidence to try to contribute more to this forum.

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 13 Jan 2006, 17:07

thx for best newbie guys, its been a pleasure :)

i do have a small qualm with the voting but im sure its a misunderstanding (nvm tht, lets celebrate!)
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 13 Jan 2006, 19:46

Good on you for getting this done, Wiseman - 'tis much appreciated. And it's great that you did it despite being in the middle of exams, I wish I had the same level of commitment. I haven't had much time in recent days for EF as playing Pro Evolution Soccer 5 is distracting me.

Somebody mentioned this "revision" thing to me earlier. Apparently it's a good idea when you have exams coming up, and you're paying thousands of pounds in tuition fees (not to mention wracking up a huge amount of debt in addition to those) to do them. But I'm not sure... scoring 35-yard screamers with Adriano is much more important than my degree. Dang straight it is! 8)

I too thought these were just the nominations, and we were going to put them to the vote from all the members of EF. But leaving these as the results is fine with me - I doubt there would be many differences if we put it to the public vote. Well done guys!

* GIT MODE ACTIVATED *

Especially well done to me, for winning two awards. That was 2 awards, if you missed it. Not one, but two. Pretty impressive, huh? If any of you feel like writing me a cheque, to thank me for my fantastic and vital contribution to this site, just PM me and I'll give you the address to send it to.

JDefoe seems to have won two awards as well, but that must be some kind of mistake. Nobody on this site can come close to my brilliance. Not even he of the wonderful guides.. Yeah... the polls must have been rigged. It's the only feasible explanation, otherwise I, Magicfeet, would have won ALL THE AWARDS! Not just the sucky ones for "being funny" and "coming up with a nice idea".

I demand a recount!! :twisted: :wink:

* GIT MODE DE-ACTIVATED *

EDIT: Out of interest, who would have won the "Award" for the Worst Poster, Wiseman? If you calculated it, that is. I'd understand if you didn't bother, what with it being thrown out the proverbial window.

Oh, and jdefoe? Could I just have neat vodka please? Champagne makes me all giggly and flirty... I might end up coming on to peps! :oops: