Legit Routine - Flair, Elegance, Confidence, Consistency

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
eddy192837
Veteran Member

i am going to be doing this routine from now on, no more excuses or just looking for more things to add.. this is it this is what is going to give me flair, elegance, etc. btw when i put ex. (2 hrs) in paranthesis this mean i have 2 hrs of free time this day to practicee because i have a tight schedule and al with hw and stuff.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Indiv. Routine - REMEMBER TO STRETCH BEFORE + AFTER ANYTHING (don’t want to risk injury again)

*Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat 1000 juggles with both feet; 25x thighs in a row- 5 sets; 10x inside of foot- 5 sets; 5x outside of foots- 5 sets; Head 10x5; Juggle to 300 kicking ball above head. Remember to use all parts of foot. 25 min.

Monday (have 2 hrs) : Gym + abs; Drill #7; Drill #9 10x, Drill #6 10x

Tuesday(have 1:30 hrs): Drill #1 20x; Drill#2 20x; Drill #9 10x; Drill #10 10x; Club practice

Wednesday (have 1:30 hrs): Club Practice; Drill #8 40x

Thursday (have 1:30 hrs): Club practice; Drill #3 & #4 10x each

Friday (have 2-3 hrs) : Gym + abs; Stepover Drill;
Weaker foot (shooting)
Warm-up, dynamic stretching
Volley's (3:1 left foot ratio) x (30 left, 10 right)
Shots (3:1 left foot ratio) x (30 left, 10 right)
Cool-down, static stretching

Saturday: Game and/or 20-30 free kicks after and Drill #5 15x;
Weaker foot (passing) routine:
Warm-up, dynamic stretching
Short pass's against wall (3:1 left foot ratio) x (600 left, 200 right)
Long pass's against wall (3:1 left foot ratio) x (30 left, 10 right)
Cool-down, static stretching

Sunday: Rest

Drill 1: cones in line then dribble to cones 10 meters out dribble through 2, turn and shoot

Drill 2: three dribbling drill (set up 6 cones like this)
x x x
X x x

(Drill 2 + 10) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gNX4oBvAx

(Drill 3-4) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDNV_Ffo7mg
Drill 3: Brazilian Dribble, turn and shoot
Drill 4: Ronaldo speed drill
Drill 5: Tight Control-Random/Scattered cones, dribbling through them, 30 seconds on 30 seconds off. Reps 15x
Drill 6: Lastly, another drill that gave me mad touch/feel, is sprinting 30 meters with the ball at highest speeds...
Drill 7: Dribbling through cones (inside outside of one foot 5x (both feet), inside of both feet 5x (2 croqueta, 3 fake kicks), outside of both feet 5x, inside and outside of both feet 5x, body feint 5x, sole of both feet 5x)
Drill 8: Put a cone up and juke it out then shoot (10 stepovers, 10 body feints, 10 fake kicks, and 10 croqueta)
Drill 9: set up 3 cones, then in front 2 cones one in front and one behind, then cut to the right and shoot (look at drill 2 video for instructions)
Drill 10: Set up three cones like backwards L and do body feint through cones and shoot

Stepover routine: 30 single, 30 double, 30 reverse

Abs: in the gym
3x20 reverse/leg raises
3x20 ball crunches on decline bench
3x25 russian twist with ball on decline bench
2-3 minute plank

As for confidence i've gathered up a few things on this forum:
-Confidence will come if you keep on believing in your talent and carry on trying your very hardest to defeat this fear you have. So when you are starting a game don't ever think that you will fail or you will make mistakes. Just play freely, and always think positively.
-"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate; our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within is. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

As for Consistency:
-BY COLLIN (THIS REALLY DOES WORK, IVE TRIED IT)
Just stop thinking. Take a few moments before your session, stop thinking and dont stress out about anything. Let your mind be free and just chill out, have some laughs with your teammates but most of all stay focused during your training session. Also another big part is confidence, confidence can make or break your game, start off with simple 1 and 2 touch passes, you will look good and you will feel good. Do this every session, try to be perfect and not mess up on anything but also take risks every once in awhile. But back to mentality, its all about mentality and i think the problem with me was i would go in my basement and practice every day just like you, and when i made a few bad passes or dribbles i would get down on myself and think how could this happen i train every day? you know what im saying? Don't think about any of that just play the game you love and have fun doing it
-messi said in an interview the best piece of advice anyones ever gave him was maradona and he told messi to "enjoy and play as you know", what you can do (what im going to start doing also) is right this saying on your arm before every match, get in a private area and stare at the quote, then go play, if you mess up or make a mistake, or your getting frustrated with yourself, look at the quote, and begin to play again. for those of you who dont know what the quote means, it means to enjoy playing, and play the way you know how to, play the way youve been taught, and rely on that to guide you to success

My Comfort Zone
By Author Unknown

I used to have a comfort zone
where I knew I wouldn't fail.
The same four walls and busywork
were really more like jail.
I longed so much to do the things I'd never done before,
But stayed inside my comfort zone and paced the same old floor.
I said it didn't matter that I wasn't doing much.
I said I didn't care for things like commission checks and such.
I claimed to be so busy with the things inside the zone,
But deep inside I longed for something special of my own.
I couldn't let my life go by just watching others win.
I held my breath; I stepped outside and let the change begin.
I took a step and with new strength I'd never felt before,
I kissed my comfort zone goodbye and closed and locked the door.
If you're in a comfort zone,
afraid to venture out,
Remember that all winners were at one time filled with doubt.
A step or two and words of praise can make your dreams come true.
Last edited by eddy192837 on 21 Mar 2011, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.

collin
Veteran Member

eddy i would like to add that i was the one that posted the messi's saying thing, not panch lol. But it looks pretty organized man looks good best of luck!

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Hahaa ma bad man, just changed it andd yea im hopin to see results in these next few weeks!

G_ucc_i

Do u mind if i Use this routine?
I would be very gratefull

desire10
Veteran Member

Seems good man, plenty of touches on the ball in there, there's no way you can't improve with that.
Everything you need, is already inside.

Miilleniium

I hope the tips you say on the post help me, all you say there is true, I will remember the Maradona's quote everytime I do something wrong, thank you! :)

Ward9310

Looks good to me man, as desire10 said, there are plenty of touches on the ball here, this can really turn you into a great technical player if you stick at it.