Midfield Training

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
desire10
Veteran Member

Midfield Training

Post by desire10 »

If you saw my previous thread on my weaker foot routine, then my new routine is going to be quite similar to that, but with passing and control drills.

I already have a great touch, but for my transition to the midfield, It's going to take some fine tuning, and I'm giving priority to my touch and passing rather then my weak foot right now, but I'll be continuing a weaker foot routine after this schedule.

So, what are some good drills really? I'm going to be doing a lot of wall work to hone my passing, and a crucial drill is going to be "Solo Control" (booting the ball high and controlling it is really all it is). I was thinking that a good drill would be to pass against the wall, turn and pick out a small passing gate made from cones.
Everything you need, is already inside.
collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin »

hey the turn and pass to a gate is a good one, also do alot of juggling. Juggling and passing against a wall there is no better way to train control besides those 2 right there
nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 »

CM is one of those positions that huge on experience i would place a high value on getting in as many pick up games as possible more than anything.
pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Post by pickyourheadup »

Here is a set of wall drills that you could practice. Add in the dribbling after controlling the ball that you mentioned.
http://www.expertfootball.com/gossip/answer.php?qid=535

This post is similar to yours and it's answered by Expert:
http://www.expertfootball.com/gossip/answer.php?qid=401
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)
Met

Post by Met »

nick117 wrote:CM is one of those positions that huge on experience i would place a high value on getting in as many pick up games as possible more than anything.
This is probably the most important thing. You will progress much further than in training alone. It's because you should develop composure. You will recieve the ball where it's crowded and you hardly have more than 2 touches of the ball before you get tackled. Ok you might have a very good touch against the wall but it's a a different story when there's a guy hurdling towards you.

Just be calm. Always be available for a pass and always have a one touch passing option without having to look when you have the ball.
desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 »

Hey thanks guys, The pick-up games are hard to practice. Ultimately because there aren't any! There is, mini games me and my friends use to always play at break, but other then a couple of players just as good as me, the quality of the players is poor (non-athletic/chubby people make up a large majority of them, and barely any of them play a sport, let alone soccer). The other condition with the pick-up games is that I can't always guarantee that I'll get to play. Teachers will hassle us about wearing hats and the UV ray policy, 'Jocks' kick the ball away, I just don't feel good about it :/
nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 »

I hope you at least have a club team then because this will be an uphill battle otherwise.
desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 »

nick117 wrote:I hope you at least have a club team then because this will be an uphill battle otherwise.
Yep, we have team training for an hour and a half, and a game on the weekend.