Perfect Your Shot

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
RQ77
New User

Post by RQ77 »

Thank you for answering. I understand that point and that could be the "key" for better training and with that I would achieve more than just keep watching those videos etc. So I have to learn more and more from previous shots and keep those in my mind and think what can I do better to achieve better shots. I have done my shooting training wrong way for a while now and I have noticed that I don't get development in my shots.

Of course is it also about what I want. Do I want to instep shots or what. Is that the thing what I have to decide by myself that what I want to train. Or are the some guidelines which shots are best to learn first? Is it good to train instep shots or curl-shots first, what do you think? Or do I go with those "basics" in every shots and going to improve my shots from that way. I don't even think about it, what kind of shots I want to do.
Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy »

I'd reccomend learning instep shots first. It's not the way I learned, but honestly I see branching out from a great instep easier than the approach I did. Really it doesn't matter though as long as you're constantly seeking to achieve your current 'best' shot 100% of the time.

You can learn instep shots and curling shots at the 'same' time. I'd dedicate more time to instep shots though. Learn the basics if you do already understand them. Once you just kind of do that basics without thinking start to 'feel' where your techinque is different on your best shots and start to learn it like that. Some things you think are the 'best' way will turn out to be wrong, but I promise you that it's essential. Getting a feel for all different way will help you be ready for anything which is handy since the ball is never in the 'perfect' spot. :wink:
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"
RQ77
New User

Post by RQ77 »

Yeah, thank you. Nice to see that here are many guys who want to help!

Have to say that I'm more "keen on" learning the instep shot first and it could be better as you said. I have practiced and played football much but now it feels like that I have lost my shooting technique totally. - I don't know why. Maybe it would be about that style how I have tried to practice some shots like copying Ronaldo's knuckle shots from YouTube. So now I start training normally instep shot from basics and develop my shooting from that way using my own experience to get best "touch" to ball and finding that spot where to shoot.

Is here somewhere told basics "tricks" to start learning that instep shot? It could help me in the beginning. This feels like that i have never played football as I have to practice from "beginning" instep shot. - But it feels like only right way in this situation. Maybe I get some new experience for knuckle shots also in this way because now I could learn some more from shooting techniques.

Or is this enough what I have to know in the beginning of instep shooting technique:

-Shoot with your instep (yeah, i know what spot the instep is)
-Set your supporting foot close enough the ball
-Follow your shooting foot completely straight through

Edit. This forgot! Do I have to keep my eyes on ball when I'm shooting? I think it's better to do so, what you think?