Your method of getting past the defender

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
amu86

Your method of getting past the defender

Post by amu86 »

I was wondering what are your unique was of getting past an opponet
Jboogey

Post by Jboogey »

I personally approach them head on... i roll the ball in one direction(or just in front of me), bamboozle them with stepovers and take the ball in the other. My change of pace kills most people...as long as you don't play against me everyday or your far faster than me.
"Skill is in the foot not whats on it" - New Born Prodigy

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint »

I like to use quick body movements and turns, stepovers etc because im not the fastest of players so i try throw them totally off balance get past them then pass it on.
i was made to ignite
matt_a
Veteran Member

Post by matt_a »

i get the ball in the air, then either juggle over or around the defender[s]
mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint »

:lol: Id juggle past them but i suck at juggling :lol:
i was made to ignite
amu86

Post by amu86 »

matt_a wrote:i get the ball in the air, then either juggle over or around the defender[s]
no wonder you said that juggling is your answere for everything.

look at my other post
http://www.expertfootball.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=16380
shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha »

I just side step them.

I am not typically a fast sprinter but I have an agile burst of steps. I slowly approach a defender at a slight angle, judge his positioning, fake a step if need be and then do the Messi or the Don Andres

Messi's move is cutting to the outside with the outside of the foot, side-stepping and collecting the ball with the inside of the same foot. A visual can bee seen here in gnarlyjim's ronaldinho sig: viewtopic.php?p=187768#187768

The Don Andres is what Iniesta uses, which goes in the different direction as the move above. Here is a visual: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73_Rhb3bXR4
mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint »

The don andres looks a pretty good move, i might try it out tommorrow.
i was made to ignite
Jboogey

Post by Jboogey »

shahensha wrote:I just side step them.

I am not typically a fast sprinter but I have an agile burst of steps. I slowly approach a defender at a slight angle, judge his positioning, fake a step if need be and then do the Messi or the Don Andres

Messi's move is cutting to the outside with the outside of the foot, side-stepping and collecting the ball with the inside of the same foot. A visual can bee seen here in gnarlyjim's ronaldinho sig: viewtopic.php?p=187768#187768

The Don Andres is what Iniesta uses, which goes in the different direction as the move above. Here is a visual: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73_Rhb3bXR4
wow, I didn't realise he did it so often or that it was that effective...i'm gonna adopt that
"Skill is in the foot not whats on it" - New Born Prodigy

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint »

yeah i like the look of the don andres, gonna have that as one of my main moves, looks like its effective most of the time too.
i was made to ignite
SoccerFitnessTrainer
New User

Post by SoccerFitnessTrainer »

Usually I would approach the defender head on at a slightly slow speed than I would drop a shoulder (If I want to dribble to the left, I drop my right shoulder, vice versa) finish it off with a change of pace and get pass them. Simple yet effective.
foodsample

Post by foodsample »

I usually make a pass inwards to a center mid, and make a run down the line for a through pass. Or if im already at the top, a quick fake to get the defenders balance on the wrong foot, and use speed to get far enough infront where I can body him out of the way.
"Y lo uvieras pegado al uno o dos que te salian?"
"O la hubiese tirado a la mierda, como lo hago siempre"

Mascherano ftw!

"Focus on the effort, not the results.. then results will come"

Live by it
matt_a
Veteran Member

Post by matt_a »

amu86 wrote:
matt_a wrote:i get the ball in the air, then either juggle over or around the defender[s]

look at my other post
yep, because i try to play to my strengths, and my strength is freestyle

[which is what everyone should try to do - change to game so your playing style works better than anyone elses]
RisenFromDeath
Sophomore Member

Post by RisenFromDeath »

I personally do a magikarp sort of a movement n burst past the defender or sometimes just play through balls or the striker
mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint »

matt_a wrote:
amu86 wrote:

look at my other post
yep, because i try to play to my strengths, and my strength is freestyle

[which is what everyone should try to do - change to game so your playing style works better than anyone elses]
Exactly, you play best when you use your strengths in the game most often.
i was made to ignite