confidence boost and some other stuff

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
CThomas
Sophomore Member

confidence boost and some other stuff

Post by CThomas » 06 Jun 2009, 22:14

So the other day I played my second game for my new team, except this time in a position I'm more used to than last time (My first game was as DM, a position completely alien to me, and this time it was as striker, which i'm more used to). However, I had a pretty bad game, mostly because I was anonymous. I got 1 chance the whole game and to my misfortune I screwed it up.

My basic questions are how do I adjust to the new team and get people to pass to me, especially since I was presenting myself in open spaces so was in a good position to be passed to and

how do I recover my confidence after the bad game? I don't want to sound arrogant but I'm not really used to playing as poorly as I did.

thanks in advance!

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 06 Jun 2009, 22:49

i find the best way to regain confidence after a bad game is to go out the next day and just kick the ball around on your own for fun. if you have a wall, thats good because you can do target practice to regain confidence, or juggle and just dribble around.
to get your new team mates to pass to you could take a while, but as long as you play well, communicate and get along with them off the field, then they should start passing to you more.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 07 Jun 2009, 03:03

I say play your heart out when you get on a new team. Especially as a striker, do what Tevez does and be aggressive. That'll get your teammates to respect you and they'll reward you for your hard work. I know I'd much rather pass to someone who works really hard.

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 » 07 Jun 2009, 08:00

If they are not passing the ball to you and you play striker than that's a serious problem. You should probably talk to your team mates about it, not in an angry way, but in a calm and adult manner.
Made by 2Brown.