The Rookie Life of MLS

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
mustahfa14

http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/

If you scroll down a little bit you will see a black box saying rookie life. There you can watch 3 of the rookie life episodes. THere are more to come.

It has interviews with several rookies such as zakuani and jata and is really inspiring to hear their stories. Thought I would share :wink:

*btw not sure if this should be here or under internet digs* :?

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

I like the videos. I don't know why they put Jata in. He didn't make Chicago's final roster. How can you follow someone for a year if they don't have a club?

mustahfa14

well they did the vids as soon as they were drafted, thats why. I dunno if you kept up with them.

They are pretty far in now, and for those who havent seen them should really watch them. It gives you a small idea of what it is really like from a rookies point of view.

theres also a new vid called jata resurfacing, and it really is inspirational. I really can see he is genuine and passionate about life and soccer. He deserves to play professionally

Here is the link for the actually rookie life page. Theres a lot of bonus stuff and just quality videos here.

*Just thought some of you guys and gals would like to see this. Just helping you guys out... :). It would be nice for more feedback of what you guys think so this thread jsut doesnt die and not a lot of people see it.

http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/rookielife/

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

I feel bad for Jata. Going from draft day to working at Toyota Park and playing in mens league, really sucks.

SelckeBU10
Sophomore Member

I actually like watching jata more than the other rookies because hes trying to get INTO the league and seeing what he was going throught. I was really happy the fire drafted him and hopefuly he can make the team later on or any other team.

mustahfa14

Yea I also find myself more drawn to Jata and his story because I can relate to it to a certain extent. It shows the reality side too.

It does suck being drafted and not making the cut. However his attitude and determination is kind of inspiring. I hope he makes it