College Football

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
bom1221

I was just wondering if playing college football really matters if you want to become a professional and if it is which ones are the best?

neoExodus

If your lucky enough to have some1 watching the game that is chasing talents and he likes you, then it can be, but just playing it may not make you pro, you need to play for a real team and stand out a lot to become pro, not every1 does it but practice makes perfect my friend. :)

Middleman13
Veteran Member

It is if you Live in america.

Its just about the only way to go pro in america unless your ronaldinho
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you will die today.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

I'm sure most people would disagree with me but I don't think it is. I know pro's who were really good enough and didn't have to go to college. There are pro's right now who are 18 and playing in Belgium (Jared Jeffrey).

Though I'm not saying don't go to college. After all becoming pro is not guaranteed weather you play in college or not, you will need something to fall back on.

I see college as kinda taking the best high school/club players the college can get and putting them on a team. Some players shouldn't even be playing in college. Chris Agorsor is a prime example. He had offers from Tottenham and other clubs to go to their youth academy but his parents watned him to do college for a year. He did well but now has a serious knee injury and is facing months out of the game.

Jay Demerit played college soccer and did PDL with the Fire team but wasn't picked in the draft.

I'd suggest trying out for PDL teams, you won't get paid but its good competition. It's during the summer so most college players can play on it, it doesn't affect eligability. One player from my local PDL team had tryouts for Hull, and Salisbury in England.

You can go to open tryouts for PDL, and USL teams at 18. Unless you really light it up in college it will probably be hard to get noticed. There are a lot of colleges in America and a lot of players.

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08 wrote:I see college as kinda taking the best high school/club players the college can get and putting them on a team. Some players shouldn't even be playing in college. Chris Agorsor is a prime example. He had offers from Tottenham and other clubs to go to their youth academy but his parents watned him to do college for a year. He did well but now has a serious knee injury and is facing months out of the game.

Jay Demerit played college soccer and did PDL with the Fire team but wasn't picked in the draft.

Christopher Argorsor definetly should have goon to the tottenham academy. A lot of his game relied on speed and some pros who tear there ACLs, even with the best physical therapists don't recover there speed back. I just really hope that this doesn't affect him to much cause hes got a good shot at being an amazing pro.

Also with Jay Demerit, look at him now.