Need a traning routine for next season help

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
ronaldoR7

Need a traning routine for next season help

Post by ronaldoR7 »

Can someone help me make a traning routine . I desperately need to prove myself next season :roll: :shock:

1. Age
2. Strengths and weakness
3. Goals (Where you plan to go with the sport)
4. Your position
5. How much time you have to practice
6. If you have any injuries/limitation (we assume you don't unless you post you do)

1.Age : 14 turning 15 in 3 months

2.Strengths:
Shooting
Passing

Weaknesses:
-Juggling
-Weak Foot
-Speed
-Stamina
-Dribbling
-Control/First Touch
-Finishing
3.Im not too sure . But for fun at the moment

4. Striker

5. 2 or 3 hours a day

6. None
Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life »

To me, it sounds like you have a lot of work to do. You really should have down all of your fundamentals by now, so you need to work really hard to get yourself to where you need to be. You can do one of two things with your training. You can focus on your weakest points, or you can try to improve as much as you can at once. I would normally recommend the former, however, you seem to have to many very important skills and you need all of them developed, so I recommend the latter approach.

Usually a very simple practice for me starts with a 20-30 minute warm up. That sounds like a long time, but in that time I go for a 5 minute jog, do some stretches and dynamic movements, and I do lots of footwork drills. Like tapping the ball between your feet, doing rolls, etc. I have 15 or 20 of those drills and I do them as quick as possible, with 15 or so reps per foot on each. I also do about 10 reps for every skill there is with each foot. Chips, controls, passes, etc.

After I warm up, I do 45 minutes to an hour of wall work. Doing these drill will help with your first touch and control, which is what I see as the most basic and most important skill of the game. If you can't control the ball and keep it at your feet, it doesn't matter what other skills you have because you won't be able to apply them. Here you would also practice your shooting, passing, and turning. Try doing some simple fakes before you do passes or shots. In the beginning, just work on your skills, but in the end, you should start trying to pretend you're in a game situation. Beat a player and pass. Beat a player and shoot. Check to the ball and turn quickly.

Next I do some dribbling drills. My drills here never get to fancy. I do simple cone drills or I sprint with the ball for 20-30 yards. Try to keep your head up as much as possible. At least look around a little and notice some little details about what's going on around you e.g. that car is blue, that girl has brown hair, etc.

Next I may or may not practice 1 v 1 moves. I either just dribble around for repetition (I recommend this for you) or I would run at a cone and pretend that's a defender. Sometimes I set up 8 or 9 cones and I dribble at them like they're a defense.

Depending on my current schedule, I might finish of with some sprints or interval drills, however, I usually like to keep fitness and skill work for separate sessions, but that is a matter of opinion. Of course, though, they still overlap. For example, I get tired after a good skills session, and I might juggle as a warm up or cool down for a fitness session, or I may do sprints with the ball. When I say separate, I mean in general. It's not a black and white separation.

For you, I recommend something like this:

Day 1 - Skills
Day 2 - Speed & Agility, Skills
Day 3 - Stamina, Strength
Day 4 - Rest
Day 5 - Skills
Day 6 - Speed & Agility, Skills
Day 7 - Stamina, Strength
Day 8 - Rest

That's a pretty basic 3 day on 1 day off routine. I personally practice 6 or 7 days a week, but that took 2 years to work up to, and I still need a day of rest at least every 2 weeks. I rest more during the season and school year.

If you need any specific drills or fitness help, just ask, but I feel I'm making a really broad post so I need to know exactly what you need help on.
ronaldoR7

Post by ronaldoR7 »

hey thanks S4L thats helped me alot . Ill be using it .
But for strength traning, is it possible if i can just do push ups and sit ups ? If yes how much ? Thanks again your really great help . :wink: