yeah ill try to explain the system here in canada i was hoping some canadians could respond to this and plus i just want to know the odds of winning not wanting you guys to say youre gonna win for sure or something. Anyways i've been reading a little bit on the us system and in canada were in silver which i think is about 3 steps down from an u.s academy team level ( im talking about levels of play of course) so in canada we have :
from top to bottom in community leuges that play in an area in the province usually the top level teams (whitecaps) top players can turn pro actually when their 18+ but at that level u have to stand out from the rest,
if u get in metro and then try to get on a college or university team once ur done highschool youre almost guaranteed a spot:
1.white caps teams ( similar like how academy teams are)
2. metro ( this would be kind of reserves for academy teams they travel to the states occasionally too )
3. gold ( play in the local area lower mainland not as much skill as metro or whitecaps but still competitive can go into metro if good )
4. silver ( same as gold just less skill and such where we are at).
5. bronze (even less skill less fit players usually little pre-season)
6. red/ house ( this is usually where people just play more for fun and people who play hockey and stuff just condition themselves here)
a greater discription on my team ( now that u guys got an idea on the skill levels here):
-2 players played in gold last year
-the team has improved a lot since 2 years ago they used to be a last place bronze team and last year they finished 2nd last in silver
- they made a few changes this year got rid of 5 players i think
- we got a really good goalie and im not bullshitting after seing him play in my summer team ( some games we only lost 3-0 when we should have lost 7 or 8 nil the other team usually had about 75% possession.i was surprised no other team picked him up such as a gold team but im not telling him that
- we've got a former metro and provincial champions coach who's team placed 4th in the nationals hes going to be our trainer.
- we have got me a good playmaker and i have improved a lot too ( used to be bronze benchwarmer and last year silver top 3 players).
even though this team finished second last last year they didnt have a metro coach 2 gold players and a solid keeper ( last year there goalie sucked) and of course they didnt have a good play maker like me
i know u guys cant say well ur gonna win or ur gonna lose but can u just tell the odds