Eduardo's Broken Leg :O

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
Hugh
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:
shahensha wrote:
fir_nev wrote: Yes. A broken bone will heal to be a stronger one. I could not believe it either but I was told that way by my trainer.
Its true. Thats how martial artists develop bones strong enough to punch through bricks. By breaking them and healing them constantly.

Its what they say "What does not kill you, makes you stronger"
Do you think after Eduardo's leg heals, since it will be stronger, if the same tackle were to occur, possibly his leg wouldn't break?
That applies to bones, not joints. Joints are a little bit more tricky, especially one which has as many nerves and muscles as the ankle.

2brown347
Veteran Member

I just saw on the feed from g4 tv that the president of fifa has said something about life time bans and criminal charges for dangerous tackles :roll: , I'll try to find the article.

ratherton
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:I just saw on the feed from g4 tv that the president of fifa has said something about life time bans and criminal charges for dangerous tackles :roll: , I'll try to find the article.
Blatter is just being an idiot as usual. It wasn't a dangerous tackle, it was a bad injury and there is a big difference. In addition, he doesn't have the authority to bring criminal charges. Even if he did, he would have to prove intent and that would be very, very difficult.

TH14
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:he would have to prove intent and that would be very, very difficult.
Not if it's Roy Keane lol. That would be really stupid to ban someone for life because of a tackle like that. Being an Arsenal fan I was furious about the tackle and just wanted to strangle Martin Taylor but I've come to realize it never would've been that bad if Eduardo's foot wasn't planted. Wee see a lot of these tackles, most just don't end up this bad.
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry