Eduardo's Broken Leg :O

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
Rocky
Veteran Member
Posts: 314
Joined: 23 May 2007, 12:23

Post

Injuries like this is what I fear most in football. One tackle can turn your life upside down and if you don't have an education aside to Football, then what are you gonna do? But for some reason, I never think of getting hurt while I play. Despite from the fact that I'm quite aggressive, I'm worried about these injuries at the same time.
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.

What the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve.

Ballack13
Veteran Member
Posts: 1554
Joined: 31 Mar 2007, 03:10
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Post

Thats true, but with the medical technologies we have now, they can fix almost anything. But still there is a risk that i think about as well.

truesocceroo
Veteran Member
Posts: 333
Joined: 05 Jul 2007, 13:37

Post

larsson broke his leg and he managed to recover just fine. its not the end of eduardo's career, just a very big obstacle. I think taylor shouldnt be banned, a clumsy challenge, akward positioning, and bad luck made it worse than it could have been. He probably feels bad enough about it already, and he will have a reputation now. The truth is a broken leg is something that can heal back to its original state, whereas there are other less serious injuries that cannot fully heal.

Magicfeet
Moderator
Posts: 1212
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 10:03
Location: England

Post

They will rebuild him. He shall be faster. Stronger.

Alexio1092
Veteran Member
Posts: 617
Joined: 14 Oct 2007, 13:22

Post

Magicfeet wrote:They will rebuild him. He shall be faster. Stronger.
Harder, better? :P

Nah seriously, all the best wishes to him. Gunners looked shaky against villa and B'ham City. Here they go for vs. Milan tomorrow, are Gunners away?

ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Post

Rocky wrote:Injuries like this is what I fear most in football. One tackle can turn your life upside down and if you don't have an education aside to Football, then what are you gonna do? But for some reason, I never think of getting hurt while I play. Despite from the fact that I'm quite aggressive, I'm worried about these injuries at the same time.
The worst injuries I got were always in training. I tore ankle ligaments badly when I went over on my ankle. We were just running backwards and my foot went over in a divot.

I also had my wrist broken saving an effort during shooting practice.

I've always been of the opinion that if you worry about this sort of thing during matches it will affect your performance.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member
Posts: 2958
Joined: 25 May 2005, 21:36
Location: New York, USA

Post

I know that after you break a bone, it heals back stronger. That bone will be stronger than it was before you broke it. I don't know about Eduardo's injury though. Hopefully his bones will heal nicely.
Image

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks
Posts: 2175
Joined: 10 Mar 2005, 09:25
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post

Croatianblood1 wrote:I know that after you break a bone, it heals back stronger. That bone will be stronger than it was before you broke it. I don't know about Eduardo's injury though. Hopefully his bones will heal nicely.
Yes. A broken bone will heal to be a stronger one. I could not believe it either but I was told that way by my trainer.
Image

Rocky
Veteran Member
Posts: 314
Joined: 23 May 2007, 12:23

Post

Yes its true. You get used to it in a way. A little bit off topic but if you have played GTA SAN ANDREAS you will see that the bigger damage the guy gets the more health he gets and the more damage he can take. A stupid example which has nothing to do with football but its true :P Its called being physically murdered :P

Also running on cement will destroy your bones but your bones will grow again.. eventually bigger and stronger.

Drinking allot of milk has helped for me.
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.

What the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve.

ajc
The Philly Flyer
Posts: 3094
Joined: 29 Apr 2006, 02:08
Location: Delaware, USA

Post

Here's a pretty interesting interview with Gary Lewin (Arsenal and England physio) about the injury:

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... e+mend+now

ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Post

Thats a good article.

I think the key thing there that he mentioned was the risk of infection. A few years ago, a guy called David Busst had an even worse break at Old Trafford - he was clattered by 2 players. Apparently, there was blood on the pitch.

Eventually, he had to retire but that was due to infections rather than the actual injury.

I like Eduardo and I hope he makes a full recover although not until after England have played Croatia in September.

shahensha
Veteran Member
Posts: 2528
Joined: 15 Nov 2006, 03:38
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Post

fir_nev wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:I know that after you break a bone, it heals back stronger. That bone will be stronger than it was before you broke it. I don't know about Eduardo's injury though. Hopefully his bones will heal nicely.
Yes. A broken bone will heal to be a stronger one. I could not believe it either but I was told that way by my trainer.
Its true. Thats how martial artists develop bones strong enough to punch through bricks. By breaking them and healing them constantly.

Its what they say "What does not kill you, makes you stronger"

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member
Posts: 2958
Joined: 25 May 2005, 21:36
Location: New York, USA

Post

shahensha wrote:
fir_nev wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:I know that after you break a bone, it heals back stronger. That bone will be stronger than it was before you broke it. I don't know about Eduardo's injury though. Hopefully his bones will heal nicely.
Yes. A broken bone will heal to be a stronger one. I could not believe it either but I was told that way by my trainer.
Its true. Thats how martial artists develop bones strong enough to punch through bricks. By breaking them and healing them constantly.

Its what they say "What does not kill you, makes you stronger"
Do you think after Eduardo's leg heals, since it will be stronger, if the same tackle were to occur, possibly his leg wouldn't break?
Image

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member
Posts: 897
Joined: 22 May 2007, 01:25

Post

When it heals it still a bone, not steel. It would still break.
Image

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member
Posts: 2958
Joined: 25 May 2005, 21:36
Location: New York, USA

Post

ForzaMilan wrote:When it heals it still a bone, not steel. It would still break.
Yeah that is true. But maybe the injury wouldn't be as bad as it was when broke it. I mean, I heard that if Eduardo wasn't treated immediately, his foot would have had to be amputated.
Image

Post Reply