portugese benders

Discuss and compare your favorite players
joe07

portugese benders

Post by joe07 » 26 Sep 2007, 18:51

has anyone else noticed that both nani and c.ronaldo can get the ball to dip at the end of their shots. i havnt seen anyone else do this? how do they do it?

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 26 Sep 2007, 19:22

In my school days, we used the word "bender" to identify homosexuals so I full expected Ronaldo to be mentioned although not in this context.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 26 Sep 2007, 19:32

geez, there's been like a gazillion gillion million trillion billion googleplex questions on this. Simple, the the ball square on, causes it to KNUCKLE (key word, knuckle not dip) and with no spin this creates a very difficult shot for the goalie to handle (even if it's right at him)

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 26 Sep 2007, 23:35

ratherton wrote:In my school days, we used the word "bender" to identify homosexuals so I full expected Ronaldo to be mentioned although not in this context.
:lol:

Wow, this has to be nominated for post of the year.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 26 Sep 2007, 23:40

No, the Portuguese are the only ones who can do this because they are some sorts of God's. I've seen tons of players put dip on the ball.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 27 Sep 2007, 20:55

HAHAHA this is the funniest post of the century! Love it! "Portuguese benders"
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

jonte

Post by jonte » 27 Sep 2007, 21:04

There are many players who do this. Juninho and Riquelme for example. You hit it with the inside on ur upper ankle. The foot movement is very fast and abrupt. You should run to the ball very straightly before u hit it. Im sure there are alot of guides for this anyway.
Zlatanist javisst!

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 27 Sep 2007, 21:19

Getting a ball to swerve and dip is easy. All you do is buy one of those stupid plastic ones for the 50p (US$1) shop and kick it. The are so light, its actually impossible to kick them straight.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

KPatel

Post by KPatel » 27 Sep 2007, 22:20

ratherton wrote:In my school days, we used the word "bender" to identify homosexuals so I full expected Ronaldo to be mentioned although not in this context.
I was thinking the same. Used nowadays isn't it?

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 27 Sep 2007, 23:21

ratherton wrote:Getting a ball to swerve and dip is easy. All you do is buy one of those stupid plastic ones for the 50p (US$1) shop and kick it. The are so light, its actually impossible to kick them straight.
That is a great post. Ratherton gets my vote for the September award.

nombrile

Post by nombrile » 28 Sep 2007, 00:39

lol "Portuguese benders" I couldn't stop laughing

Best topic name to get millions of views :)

rzadzinski wrote:No, the Portuguese are the only ones who can do this because they are some sorts of God's. I've seen tons of players put dip on the ball.
I'm sure some people would believe you :D great post

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 28 Sep 2007, 02:22

nombrile wrote:lol "Portuguese benders" I couldn't stop laughing

Best topic name to get millions of views :)

rzadzinski wrote:No, the Portuguese are the only ones who can do this because they are some sorts of God's. I've seen tons of players put dip on the ball.
I'm sure some people would believe you :D great post
Yeah no sarcasm at all in the first sentence either! :roll:

-Alexander Ovechkin

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 28 Sep 2007, 07:48

KPatel wrote:
I was thinking the same. Used nowadays isn't it?
No idea. What I do know is that if people at school today used a quarter of the non-PC phrases we did when I was at school - they would all be expelled 8)