Vapor Sizings

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Vapor Sizings

Post by AmericanFutballer » 31 Jul 2007, 13:37

I'm sorry, i searched around the forums fora kind of sizing reference for the vapors but i couldn't find anything on it, if there is one just give me a link and lock this topic, because i'm sure it's been asked before.

Anyway, i just found an awesome deal on a soccer boot website for the Mercurial Vapors 3, they're the Navy/Blue ones. Anyway, i was just curious as to what sizes you would recommend if i have pretty much normal sized feet (meaning they're not too wide, nor too narrow) I wear an 11 in Copa Mundials and i'm thinking 11.5 would work for me in these. Pretty much i want it to mold to my foot, but enough space so that i can wear an extra pair of socks incase i get really bad blisters. What do you guys think?
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

Shifty_FSU
Veteran Member

Post by Shifty_FSU » 31 Jul 2007, 21:18

Not sure on the actual sizings but Vapors are a small fit, i'd say buy a pair one size bigger than your original size. When i bought vapours i bought my original size and they felt alright in the shop but after a while of playing I suffered from bad blisters and if I wore an extra sock my toes were all scrunched up.

- But, thats my opinion.
Fight for the name on the front, n they'll remember the name on the back.

http://pitch.co/entry/46412
^Vote please? :)

Jimaldo

Post by Jimaldo » 31 Jul 2007, 22:07

Take my advice when I say don't go there. I've learnt from experience not to get caught up in the almost glamorus proffessional image of the vapours, they are awful boots. Far too specifically designed, I had hurrendus problems with blisters and for £100, reduced from £140 it was quite frankly the worst pair of boots I've had. I've had them around a year and a half now and still no good. They aren't too small either, my toes aren't too near the end of the boot at all, it's the design of the heel part of the boot that's awful. It's so narrow! In a match against New Zealand in 2006, whilst playing for Brazil Ronaldo had to change his boots several times before being taken off at half-time due to the blisters on his left foot. Team doctor Jose Luis Runco said Ronaldo had blisters serious enough to need treatment. I think Drogba's also experienced a similar problem in which he had to change his boots during a game due to the discomfort.

Seriously, don't waste your money. I got caught up in the whole top players where them thing, and the image of them being the ultimate boot, but to be frank the are only the ultimate boot in looks, certainly not in comfort which is what matters.

Btw here's the link about the Ronaldo story -
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2006 ... 654947.htm
Last edited by Jimaldo on 01 Aug 2007, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 01 Aug 2007, 06:02

Jimaldo Vapors aren't for everybody, but they aren't awful. It depends on how your feet are shaped. For me they fit great and I've hardly had problems with blisters, but I've also heard similar stories to your own. That's why you should try on a boot at a store and jog around a bit before you make a choice rather than going for what's the hottest item online.

I think a size 11.5 or 12 would fit you best. I fit into a 9.5 or 10 in Preds (which are probably sized similar to Copas) but a 10.5 in Vapors.
Click it

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 01 Aug 2007, 06:08

I was thinking the same thing.. I have kinda wide feet and my friend wears vapours.. I asked him shouldn't you have narrowish feet for vapours and he's like nah I have wide feet and there fine they adjust... before you order them go to a store and try them on and see what's right then order them when you found a good size...
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

Jimaldo

Post by Jimaldo » 01 Aug 2007, 10:05

Ajc I don't care what anyone says - they are far too specifically designed. I'll conceede that I can't speak for everyone, but from my personal experience, and from other stories from friends, I'd advice you to pick a boot designed for comfort rather than to be 'flash'. When buying a pair you're shelling out an awful lot of money on a boot that may suit you, and ajc the thing is you can't tell with just trying them on in a store and 'jogging about abit' whether they are for you. It's only after playing in them for 10 - 15 mins at varied paces that you can tell whether you're getting blisters and how comfortable they are for you.

Shifty_FSU
Veteran Member

Post by Shifty_FSU » 01 Aug 2007, 16:16

gotta agree with Jimaldo here. I had the exact same problem with my vapours, there defintley looks over performance. But i guess if they fit you well, they'd be a great pair of boots.
And Blisters are like the most annoying thing to happen when playing football, they dont hurt, they sting! Mine developed in a cup final. I carried on playing in outrageous pain. I don't reccomend it.

Vapours need to be test drived before purchased - i think :P
Fight for the name on the front, n they'll remember the name on the back.

http://pitch.co/entry/46412
^Vote please? :)

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 01 Aug 2007, 17:27

I find my Vapors to be quite comfortable :?

Just because they didn't fit you doesn't mean they are awful boots.
Click it

Jimaldo

Post by Jimaldo » 01 Aug 2007, 17:45

As I said I've heard it from many, and I could say the same for you - just because you find them comfortable doesn't mean they are comfortable boots. I'm entitled to give my opinion as anyone, and seeing as I wasted such a large ammount of money on them I'm going to tell other people considering buying them of my experiences.

And it's not a matter of not 'fitting me', it wasn't the wrong size - as I said before.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 01 Aug 2007, 18:06

I never said they were comfortable boots. I just said that to me they were comfortable. It's not the same for everybody.
Click it

510datown
New User

Post by 510datown » 01 Aug 2007, 19:34

i had some vapors also and at first they werent all dat comfertable and gave some bad blisters but after a period of time is stopped getting blisters and the shoe i thought was one of the best ive ever had regardless of the problems i had with them at first

Jimaldo

Post by Jimaldo » 02 Aug 2007, 09:02

ajc, I appreciate they may well be extremely good boots for those who they happen to suit, but as a large number of people experience problems with them as they are too specifically designed I would class them as an awful boot.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 02 Aug 2007, 16:48

Jimaldo wrote:ajc, I appreciate they may well be extremely good boots for those who they happen to suit, but as a large number of people experience problems with them as they are too specifically designed I would class them as an awful boot.
but you can't only because they don't fit some people. Who knows, it could be the best boot in the world for those who fit in it.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Jimaldo

Post by Jimaldo » 02 Aug 2007, 23:13

Ok,
1- I said that. (" I appreciate they may well be extremely good boots for those who they happen to suit")
2- Do you own a pair?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 02 Aug 2007, 23:15

No, I was just stating that, that's all.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin