Inspirational/negative things in our soccer career

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer

Has anything negative ever happened in your football/soccer career?

yes
47%
yes
45%
no
4%
no
4%

Total votes: 77

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

hey, this is where i want everyone to write down whats happened to them in the game thats helped them positively or negatively. What i mean is, have u acheived ur goal that u were shooting for, or have u missed it by an inch. Has anything in acheiving or not achieving goals inspired u in any way and made your level of game go up. Any tips for those who have missed there goal, and how they can dust their shoulders and get back on their feet. All this and more is welcome here to help inspire anyone who needs it!!!!

captain_mostafa

I have got in a very bad situation for 3 years in a row. it all began where i meetproffsional soccer player told me he will see my sckills. and then i didnt do good at all. i was at the age of 12, his son was with me on the team. I did realy bad.also i lost all my confidence in my self because someone watched me play and i didnt show him what i have. and then i did bad again the season after aftter for 3 years, because i didnt know any one on the team and know one gave me a chance to let me show aff my sckills. but then i knew another proffsional player he was a GK in a very big club in Saudia Arabia. He let me pracitce with bigger and stronger ppl. it was scrimadge games, where ppl in the ages 20-40 wrere alowed to play. any way i was 15 and he talked to them and told them that he wanted to c just my sckill in soccer. Any way my first half i didnt do good at all but then i went andintroduced my selfs to the players and knoew them all and asked if they can just pass the ball. and in the second half i did my best ever where i scored 2 goals and made a very good game and they told him to bring me along when ever there is a game. the best thing that made me have a lot of confidence in me is that at i began knowin the players in my team, and also went and said hi to the other oppnents and talkted to them nicly. and it helped me play very well because i felt that i am playing with my friends. and from there things went possitive when i began playing with older ppl.
Sorry if this is a very long story im not even sure if i am on the right track of answering the question Sorry again :oops:

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

no, don't be embarrased at all! U dont havta answer the questions theyre just like a guide line! Thats a good post though, and it helps! But one question. How do u get to know ppl who can get u in so u can join those high level teams u were talking about?? anyways i got to go, but i will post something on mon. because something happened to me on thursday that needs to be posted!

jdefoe
Forum groupie

I've got cut, cut, and cut again. Until one day someone told me that everyone gets cut somewhere along the lines, and instead of growing bitter about it, you have to train to become so good you can't get cut. I've taken this advice to heart, and i've trained so hard that I have not been cut since, and I'm playing at a pretty good level now.

expert
Site Admin

Bad things will inevitably happen to you, if you play soccer for long enough. I've experienced many setbacks but for some reason I kept coming back. I am a firm beliver that some people are just not cut for this kind of thing. If you love the game and learn to play it well, your problems will take care of themselves.

madridfc
Veteran Member

wow, what a great topic. anyway, last year i tried out for my odp team (Olympic Development Program-the state team) and survived the cuts down to like the last 30 or something. i really wanted to make it and i knew(deep down, at least) that i wasn't going to, although there was still some lingering hope that i would make it, like maybe the coaches would see my potential or something and take me on the team. i wasn't really ready to truly face that i wasn't going to make it, even though i knew i wouldn't. i would say i knew i wasn't going to, but, i really didn't. so, as you might have guessed, i didn't make it. i was crushed :cry:.but i think the coach said to come back next year, so thats whats going on right now. i'm doing better this year for a few reasons: 1. i'm more prepared because i know how it works 2. I've been doing more conditioning 3. i've been working on my skills for the past year 4. i'm more social with the players and don't have a completely negative attitude toward them for not including me or whatever (it was really me who was excluding myself from the group, not them entirely). so now i think i have a much better chance of making it, and i'm probably just nearly on the boarderline. anyway, i suppose the point is to never give up......and as an argentinian once told me: Vive tus sueños y enfrenta tus miedos. (Live your dreams and face your fears.)
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

I got CUT! But I shouldn't have been... I made a team that was 2 year older then me then they dropped me down to a team 1 year older then me as I was "TOO" good for my age. I come there ad I couldnt play any games for them as I never attended their tryouts! I wasnt very happy....then I quit that club. Then I joined my age group and I ws shy as helll. I never called for the ball I never made relationships within my team, I kept to myself, A HUGE MISTAKE! Then I got cut there...I CONSIDER IT MY FAULT. Then I go to a select as the oter clubs were REP and I GET CUT THERE!!!! I WAS THE BEST THERE, I DOMINATED...that was clearly the COACHES FAULT. Now I am working out and trying to improve my fitness as I do think my skill is pretty high. I never want to play for clubs where the coaches main objective is to get money from their players and not discuss any tactics. ALSO THEY SHOULD OPEN THEIR EYES... because they only accept players that are returning from previous years... if a great player hit them in their face they wouldn't notice him...A DAMN SHAME---

sorry to sound pissed and all but living in Canada, I found money is the main objective of everything around you, not so much in other countries as I am European...

Well soccerchic, it realy depends on whree u live for example do u live in a counrty not ur country. if yes then u just go to placecs that has a lot of ppeple from ur country or from similar language country and make friends with them and when u show them u love soccer and ask them if they know any proffsional players that could coach u they will help u. or if u live in ur country then the more frineds u make the more chances u could get to know proff. jsut do the same thing u will do above. I personaly knew them with out doing this 2 things some of them live near me, but i dint know they were proffsional, and i c them need help in carining thing or things like that so i just go ask if they neeed help, and i usually have a soccer ball in my hand so after when i finish help we talk a little and they take the ball and play with it and and then introduce them selfs. this happened like 3 times only. because a lot of arabic players come to USA to get medical care for kne suregery etc. Also my dad works for the Egyptian Embassy in the USA and he does passports and all the thngs that egyptian need so they dont have to go to Egypt to finish there work there and from there my dad meets them and he tells them that i play soccer, so they take me with them to practices. :lol: :wink:

captain_mostafa

hey guys i am the one who wrote the above paragraph with the usere guest. Sorry forgot to sign in :oops:

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

hey thanx for the tips!! ill try that captain!!! Any for every1 else, thanx for writting what u did, and please write more for discouraged players out there. Here's what happened to me: The otha day my coach was picking captains and stuff. In all the drills i was ahead of eveybody,but when we scrimaged, no one passed me the ball because our team is full of cliques and stuff. so i didn't get to show my potential cause no one passed me the ball. So when he picked captains, i didn't get picked. The girl who did get picked, however, was last in the drills, but everyone passed her the ball cause shes like the queenbee of the cliques or whatever. So basically if ur not the captain, then its gonna be impossible to make all county and all district and stuff. This is why i need u guys to inspire me so i can play the best this season and achieve my goals!!! Any tips to my soccer teams problems because of the cliques and stuff, please write me back and tell me!!! and keep on writing the downfalls uve had, and how u got back on ure feet again and achieved ur goal!!! :D

captain_mostafa

ur welcome soccerchic :wink: any time

captain_mostafa

The best thing to do is play is bigger pepole. any not any big people bigger epople whao have excellent sckills. In the beggining when i play with bigger spanish people i was always in the wrong place so they alsways yelled at me and told me where to stand or where to go in opne spaces, but later on about a year later when i began to play with bigger people they passed the ball to me because i am in write opened space. also you might not be standing in the right place so maybe thas y ur not getting the ball. u have to show them that u play good so u can let them pass to u. and u have to be friends with ur temates so they can have more confident in u and they will pass to u. For example if u have a bro or sis and u guys playing a regular game u well try to pass to him or her a lot even if they dint know how to play that good but because u know them very good then naturally u will pass to them
I HOE THIS WORKS. GOOD LUCK :wink:

J
Admin

Just keep playing your game to the best of your ability in the situation you are in. And keep putting 110% effort in always. Dont let it get to you and just keep having fun. They will eventually grow up.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

ok, i will put ur tips in affect tomorrow in soccer practice. And make sure am in a good position, but i usually am, they just don't want to pass it to me. but i will try and tell ya tomorrow what happened!
Thanx again for the tips!

jdefoe
Forum groupie

odp tryouts are hard, because everyone is trying to make a good individual effort. Therefore players that are good at setting up plays and clever passers do not stand out because it is easier to make an impression by scoring, and beating defenders 1v1.