Visualisation exerises??

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer

Visualisation exerises??

Post by Guest »

ON one of the posts JDEFOE said something about visualisation excersises. SOunds interesting can you tell me what they are and some of those excerises. Sorry if this was a dumb question
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hmmm, i'm not sure if i've seen this post before.

Although there may be some real drills for visuliazation, I think the best is games. Just getting game time. It could be a pick up game, real game, etc. but I believe that visualization improves with game time. The more you play in games the more you will notice how to spot your teamates.

This is just my opinion...expert, what do you think?
expert
Site Admin

Post by expert »

That is a great question as a matter of fact. On the commute to your next match/practice, try this:

Imagine yourself in the 3rd person during a match situation. See yourself successfully executing a particular move (example: faking a kick to the inside and dribbling past your opponent on the outside). Repeatedly visualize the execution of this move. Each consecutive time, you'll see it in more and more detail. You'll see, in your mind, different ways in which the enemy might respond to your move. Visualize yourself beating him accordingly.

Now, when he challenges you during the real game, your body will be programmed to automatically react to his threats!
KAkA
Sophomore Member

Post by KAkA »

That is so tru expert!
My mom got me to read a book called "Rich dad poor dad" couple of years ago. And i learned a few visualizing exercises from it that have helped me improve big time in the last few years. While the exercises noted in the book reffered to bussiness and marketing (gettin rich), i was able to make the visualising exercises more relevant to my game, and it worked! 8)
BRING BACK THE BIFF!
madridfc
Veteran Member

Post by madridfc »

thats a great tip, expert. i think i'd better try that. i've never been all that into visualization, but lately i've realized that it must help, and i need to do everything i can to improve my game. thanks!
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."
jdefoe
Forum groupie

Post by jdefoe »

yes, this is certainly effective. Programming your mind for success will help you avoid making mistakes. Also, if you made a mistake, put a pro-player in that situation, and visualize what they would do in that situation, and look at the situation as you are looking at it from the bench. This method will help you correct your mistake by telling you what you should have done, and you will not make this mistake in a game again.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I've seen something about this on "National Geographic Cannel". They were given Beckham as an example; in his mind he already scores a freekick before he actually put them in the nets ...

Post by Guest »

thannks a bunch guys THat'll really help me because I have a great mind for the game but there is always room for improvement
madridfc
Veteran Member

Post by madridfc »

yes, this is certainly effective. Programming your mind for success will help you avoid making mistakes. Also, if you made a mistake, put a pro-player in that situation, and visualize what they would do in that situation, and look at the situation as you are looking at it from the bench. This method will help you correct your mistake by telling you what you should have done, and you will not make this mistake in a game again.
nice post, jdefoe.
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."
jdefoe
Forum groupie

Post by jdefoe »