How stupid are Americans, really?

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
ben23

Post by ben23 »

mpcarres14 wrote:I'm sorry, but I can't take this video as a joke. After about minute one, I thought I was going to be sick due to the sheer arrogance and stupidity of our citizens. These aren't random finds on the street either, the majority of the people in our country are spoiled morons who couldn't be bothered as to what others think, which thus leads to the population just ignoring worldly issues because it doesn't have any affect on their personal comfort and luxury. In reality, it is our country's success that has led to this, as the enormous average family income has for most people made luxuries almost a fundemental part of life, which in turn raises the comfort level, and overall keeps the people happy. The government and media does nothing to fix it by sugar-coating everything to make us look just swell. Even though we have this money, it is all going to silly "national insecurity" projects throughout the world, and thus detracting from our already shambolic public schools (geometry is somewhat taught in 5-6 grade in France, yet here it is a high school course). Worse yet, because the people are making the money and maintaining their comfort level, they see hard work as unnecessary and as a burden, and therefore whatever schooling is available is hardly being utilized by the population. This leads to the posted video. This is why although the US will probably be a world power for a good while, our scientific studies and services will dwindle and become nearly second-rate, as is the case with our competition with Britain about stem cells.

What depresses me even more is the fact that I am a whiz in geography, grammar, and other fields. Name a country and I can point it out on a map. That's just how I am, yet because of the people here, I will be labeled automatically as a "stupid American". This is why I see maybe 5-10% of my adult life being spent here, with the rest taking place in hopefully my "second hometown" of Buenos Aires, or possibly if property costs go down, London. I just hope that things will change here, and I won't necessarily flee the country that I was raised in. Unfortunately, I doubt this will happen.
maybe your right and the people abroad are better. because i don't think anyone abroad would flagrantly bring down there own country like this.
but if your spending your life in buenos aires then maybe your not really american after all.

as for your comment about the majority of people being like this, it's insane that you think that and clearly wrong. this video is clearly either staged or more likely just taken out of the worst answers of a lot of people.

also the following question is not meant to insult anyones culture.
but if americans are that dumb then why do we dominate world economics?

what your saying about americans is reaching a point similar to what racism reached in that your saying americans are generically dumb, except for a few " good americans" i.e. "good blacks" as they used to say.

after one minute of reading your post, i thought i was going to be sick.
ben23

Post by ben23 »

ROIUSA wrote:alright big guy...ill leave you to your own world
because you know your wrong
ben23

Post by ben23 »

wcswarriors wrote:man this has gone on long enough we needa just lock this post... to much fighting cant we all just get along and play ball?
no, not until people understand what they are doing
ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA »

wrong about what?
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP
ben23

Post by ben23 »

gunnerz23 wrote:Just to let everyone know, i do not hate americans.
And ben23, this is just a harmless joke, so just relax dude.
It isnt anti-americanism, because its a joke. They (the creators of the vid) madde it as a joke, they dont mean it as an offence to anyone. Anti americanism is like wot ROIUSA said, its burning US flags, racial hate to the nation etc. so dont get so stressed about it. Odds are the creators interviewed a whole load of people and just aired the dumbest ones or they got really shifty and paid them to say it! lol
Either way man, its harmless. Nobody here hates the US (I think) so dont worry about it. No hard feelings. :D
i wish mpcarres could realize that
ben23

Post by ben23 »

ROIUSA wrote:wrong about what?
wrong about the united states being evil, wrong about this video being ok, and wrong about me being a facist and childish comments about my age, which i notice you removed.
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim »

Yeah, way too much fighting for me. People are getting upset over something that was meant to be funny. How 'bout everyone just chills.
ben23

Post by ben23 »

i assure you i'm not angry as i respond to these things
gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 »

OK This is really starting to give me the shits now. This video was meant to be a joke, not an insult. So everyone lets just forget about it. We all know America cant be that stupid and we all have respect for the country.
All this argument isnt gonna do anyone any good, so lets just save veryone getting upset for nothing. Hopefully a mod will lock this pointless topic.
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry
ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA »

last thing i post, i swear to the lot of yas,

where did i say the US was evil, there is no right or wrong about a video being okay, and thinkin that you are inherently better than the rest of the world becuase of where you're born is a bit fascist.

im done. onto the football.
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP
ben23

Post by ben23 »

gunnerz23 wrote:OK This is really starting to give me the shits now. This video was meant to be a joke, not an insult. So everyone lets just forget about it. We all know America cant be that stupid and we all have respect for the country.
i think your wrong, you may realize that america is't stupid but alot of people don't just look at some of the earlier posts.

anyways thats enough for me on this subject tonight, i'll be back tommorrow to see what stupid sh*t you guys do/don't come up with.
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim »

Also last reply from me. There is not point in arguing about sucha pointless topic. I agree that we should post about football. ROIUSA, I'm with you... on to a topic about football.
ben23

Post by ben23 »

ROIUSA wrote:last thing i post, i swear to the lot of yas,

where did i say the US was evil, there is no right or wrong about a video being okay, and thinkin that you are inherently better than the rest of the world becuase of where you're born is a bit fascist.

im done. onto the football.
you didnt say, it was implied.

also i said specifically that i didnt think that, you should read what's said a little better. all right thats it i'm done for tonight on this
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro »

Sorry... too many bad statements! I don't see why there is a need to defend an already corrupt and sh*tty country. We are ruining the world, one step at a time. We refuse to stop driving our SUVs, we refuse to stop using so much energy and water, we refuse to give a sh*t about the education system. All in all, we don't give a sh*t about anything important. That is all I have to say. For now I am going to lock this topic though, as nothing else is going to end up going well. And ben23, anymore f*cks coming out of you, and you can expect to be banned.
expert
Site Admin

Post by expert »

Ben, please don't make personal insults. It's against the forum rules.

If you are offended by this topic, don't reply to it.