How stupid are Americans, really?

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA »

ur missin the point kid, ITS A JOKE
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP
ben23

Post by ben23 »

dude i'm not missing the point that it's a joke. people make jokes about the holocaust too.
your insulting an entire culture
wcswarriors

Post by wcswarriors »

ben bro its alright to get mad, but you just gotta let it go sometimes. Im american through and through ok and i love it here i can't imagine myself anywhere else. But it was a joke, the video was made to get a reaction from us. The reason anti americanism exists is because US citizens who travel sometimes(not always) do rash or stupid things when they are visiting another country and embarrass themselves and hurt our reputation. That and were a world power but common man who can blame us for that?
ben23

Post by ben23 »

wcswarriors wrote:ben bro its alright to get mad, but you just gotta let it go sometimes. Im american through and through ok and i love it here i can't imagine myself anywhere else. But it was a joke, the video was made to get a reaction from us. The reason anti americanism exists is because US citizens who travel sometimes(not always) do rash or stupid things when they are visiting another country and embarrass themselves and hurt our reputation. That and were a world power but common man who can blame us for that?
I know man i'm just trying to get people to ease up on this anti-american crap. it's annoying and i see it all the time.
ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA »

dont even put this kind of humor on the same scale as jokes about the holocaust. ive never heard jokes about them, because there is no joke from it. these people on the video are just stupid idiots, and were havin a laugh at them. only people as stupid as the people int he video think this is the majority of americans, other people understand its a joke too.
its not anti-american though, cuz its a joke. anti-american is burnin flags, sayin f**k the US, supporting al qaeda (spelling?)

dont get so worked up over nothin, its not a big deal to anyone but urself.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP
richpro10
New User

Post by richpro10 »

ben23 the way you defend the united states on this forum makes you no better/smarter then the people on that hilarious video. I live in the United States and just like in any other country there are really stupid and really smart people, you can't be upset about this video or anti-americanism. Plus the USA deserves all this critisism after causing so many problems throughout the world today.
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim »

These last few have been very reasonable replies. Good job. Ben23, I'm sure that the same video could be made in any other country. Americans are powerful and yes, some of them give the entire country a reputation of being uninformed/stupid. Don't take offence to this video.
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev »

Just take it as a joke, seriously...

I have American friends and all of them are really nice people here... Just look at other American members, they don't give a damn. No need to be so worked out.
ben23

Post by ben23 »

fir_nev wrote:Just take it as a joke, seriously...

I have American friends and all of them are really nice people here... Just look at other American members, they don't give a damn. No need to be so worked out.

richpros statement and others about the problems we american cause back up my reason for getting pissed.

there is a point where a joke just isn't funny any more. i.e. my statement about the holocaust
ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA »

alright tough guy, the people ur arguin are americans, therefore, they have the american perspective. u are an absolute idiot, are you that much of a fascist that you think the USA is better than everyone else, and that explains why were stupid?

other people in the world are only worried about their survival, but we dont need to, cuz we're so much better?

ben23

Post by ben23 »

ROIUSA wrote:alright tough guy, the people ur arguin are americans, therefore, they have the american perspective. u are an absolute idiot, are you that much of a fascist that you think the USA is better than everyone else, and that explains why were stupid?

other people in the world are only worried about their survival, but we dont need to, cuz we're so much better?

how old are you?
all right your way behind. i've made it clear that i don't really think americans are superior, the only reason i said that is to provide a rediculous statement to counteract the rediculous video, so shut up.

also i really enjoyed the comments about me being a facist and my age. it's really entertaining to see how low you can sink to defend that rediculous fu**ing video.
mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 »

I'm sorry, but I can't take this video as a joke. After about minute one, I thought I was going to be sick due to the sheer arrogance and stupidity of our citizens. These aren't random finds on the street either, the majority of the people in our country are spoiled morons who couldn't be bothered as to what others think, which thus leads to the population just ignoring worldly issues because it doesn't have any affect on their personal comfort and luxury. In reality, it is our country's success that has led to this, as the enormous average family income has for most people made luxuries almost a fundemental part of life, which in turn raises the comfort level, and overall keeps the people happy. The government and media does nothing to fix it by sugar-coating everything to make us look just swell. Even though we have this money, it is all going to silly "national insecurity" projects throughout the world, and thus detracting from our already shambolic public schools (geometry is somewhat taught in 5-6 grade in France, yet here it is a high school course). Worse yet, because the people are making the money and maintaining their comfort level, they see hard work as unnecessary and as a burden, and therefore whatever schooling is available is hardly being utilized by the population. This leads to the posted video. This is why although the US will probably be a world power for a good while, our scientific studies and services will dwindle and become nearly second-rate, as is the case with our competition with Britain about stem cells.

What depresses me even more is the fact that I am typically very strong in geography, grammar, spelling, and other fields. Name a country and I can point it out on a map. That's just how I am, yet because of the people here, I will be labeled automatically as a "stupid American". This is why I see maybe 5-10% of my adult life being spent here, with the rest taking place in hopefully my "second hometown" of Buenos Aires, or possibly if property costs go down, London. I just hope that things will change here, and I won't necessarily flee the country that I was raised in. Unfortunately, I doubt this will happen.

Oh, and by the way ben23, it's ridiculous, not rediculous. Things like a respectful tone, attentiveness in your word choice, and a sense of pride as to what you print will help your argument be listened to and respected. When you start printing fu** between each of your other words and assaulting others, it makes you look like an arrogant prick (not saying that you are one, by the way).
Last edited by mpcarres14 on 28 Jan 2007, 04:11, edited 1 time in total.
God damn brewery!!!
ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA »

alright big guy...ill leave you to your own world

wcswarriors

Post by wcswarriors »

man this has gone on long enough we needa just lock this post... to much fighting cant we all just get along and play ball?
gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 »

Just to let everyone know, i do not hate americans.
And ben23, this is just a harmless joke, so just relax dude.
It isnt anti-americanism, because its a joke. They (the creators of the vid) madde it as a joke, they dont mean it as an offence to anyone. Anti americanism is like wot ROIUSA said, its burning US flags, racial hate to the nation etc. so dont get so stressed about it. Odds are the creators interviewed a whole load of people and just aired the dumbest ones or they got really shifty and paid them to say it! lol
Either way man, its harmless. Nobody here hates the US (I think) so dont worry about it. No hard feelings. :D
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry