FIFA World Player of the Year Nominations

Discuss and compare your favorite players
kamil k
Senior Member
Posts: 187
Joined: 07 Sep 2006, 11:32
Location: Australia

Post by kamil k »

sry if hes on the list, but i also think juninho should of been on that list. Also i agree with the post above Alex should of started and i dont see how he wasnt picked hes a great player.
Croatianblood1
Veteran Member
Posts: 2960
Joined: 25 May 2005, 21:36
Location: New York, USA

Post by Croatianblood1 »

I think that Henry deserves to win the award because he always plays well and simply put he scores alot of goals for Arsenal. He is a great assest to his team. I think he should have won it last year but this year he should definetely win it.
Image
G-Unit-Freestyler
Senior Member
Posts: 279
Joined: 01 Jan 2006, 16:11

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler »

milanese wrote:Brazil's coach was an idiot. Alex(PSV) didn't even get a place on the team, and he could've been a starter IMO. I agree with Cris, he's solid. Juninho's the best FK taker in the world (corners and shots), he's got brilliant long balls, and contributes in other areas of the game. One of the world's best mid's without question. He's lead Lyon to 5 straight league titles, and is a big part of Lyon being one of Europe's most dangerous team's which we see in the CL year after year.

I don't think Pirlo deserves to win. He's a great player, maybe the best playmaker in the world, but best player in the world? No, not in my mind.
Juninho in means Ronaldinho or Kaka out. The press would flip and so would most fans.
gunnerz23
Veteran Member
Posts: 432
Joined: 26 Sep 2006, 11:20
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by gunnerz23 »

Juninho should be in. He is an awesome player who has superb free kick and dribbling skills but however not the best in the world if u ask me. Henry, Ronaldinho,Kaka and Deco are my favourites to take the title. It will be very interesting to fin out who wins....
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry
Image
powell
English Meister
Posts: 3941
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 20:59
Location: england

Post by powell »

btw does anyone know when the fifa player of the year will be choosen. (what date and time)
milanese
Veteran Member
Posts: 317
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 07:05
Location: Canada

Post by milanese »

G-Unit-Freestyler wrote:Juninho in means Ronaldinho or Kaka out. The press would flip and so would most fans.
I'm saying the coach was an idiot on his picks for the defence, not midfield. Kaka and Ronaldinho are both starters. They could've tried to fit all 3 in, but that would take some fiddling around in friendlies and qualifying. And as far as I know, that never happened.
Kaka's_got_skillz
Sophomore Member
Posts: 43
Joined: 13 Sep 2006, 23:06

Post by Kaka's_got_skillz »

milanese wrote:
G-Unit-Freestyler wrote:Juninho in means Ronaldinho or Kaka out. The press would flip and so would most fans.
I'm saying the coach was an idiot on his picks for the defence, not midfield. Kaka and Ronaldinho are both starters. They could've tried to fit all 3 in, but that would take some fiddling around in friendlies and qualifying. And as far as I know, that never happened.
True say, True say, and anyways, by the way Kaka' is playing in Milan right now, I think he's got a pretty good chance also. Ronaldinho is probably still a fair bit too popular among the press/world to be taken off the lineup so I think Juninho's gonna have to wait.
gunnerz23
Veteran Member
Posts: 432
Joined: 26 Sep 2006, 11:20
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by gunnerz23 »

kaka is easily milans best player. I hope henry or deco get it, but if kaka gets it, i wont be disapointed. hes very worthy of the award.
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry
Image
Ronaldinho10
Moderator
Posts: 585
Joined: 16 Apr 2005, 15:06

Post by Ronaldinho10 »

powell wrote:btw does anyone know when the fifa player of the year will be choosen. (what date and time)
For the past couple of years the award has been given around December. A couple weeks before Christmas. Not sure the exact date though.
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks
Posts: 2175
Joined: 10 Mar 2005, 09:25
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by fir_nev »

Well, Cannavaro should be in the Top 3 and Henry too...
Image
retardx
Senior Member
Posts: 162
Joined: 23 May 2006, 10:44
Location: Singapore

Post by retardx »

...and Kaka :)
Image
powell
English Meister
Posts: 3941
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 20:59
Location: england

Post by powell »

well the award has been announced canavaro got top 2nd was zidane and in 3rd ronaldinho. What do you lot think about this?
Morgoth
Senior Member
Posts: 136
Joined: 11 Mar 2006, 20:57
Location: Norway

Post by Morgoth »

IMO they are quite equal, but if I had to choose it would have been Zidane or Ronaldinho and not Cannavaro. Cannavaro was brilliant in the world cup no doubt, but 7 amazing performances doesnt make you the worlds best player. He played average before the cup and is playing average now after the cup. Ronaldinho was bad and at times decent in the WC, good before it, but had a little down-time just after it but he has been amazing for the past 2 months. If they hadn't decided this like month ago which they did, I think Ronaldinho would have won due to his recent performances.
Zidane was ok before the WC and great during the WC, and since he has retired it seems like he got some extra votes in honor to his great career.

Anyways, Im not saying Cannavaro doesn't deserve it, but I think they should look more into the their regular performances and not just the World Cup games. Its not FIFA (World Cup) World player award... :)
Must suck to be you
BosnianNedim
Senior Member
Posts: 269
Joined: 14 Nov 2006, 19:56

Post by BosnianNedim »

Pirlo should win this thing...hands down hes an amazing player
ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Post by ratherton »

Morgoth wrote:IMO they are quite equal, but if I had to choose it would have been Zidane or Ronaldinho and not Cannavaro. Cannavaro was brilliant in the world cup no doubt, but 7 amazing performances doesnt make you the worlds best player. He played average before the cup and is playing average now after the cup. Ronaldinho was bad and at times decent in the WC, good before it, but had a little down-time just after it but he has been amazing for the past 2 months. If they hadn't decided this like month ago which they did, I think Ronaldinho would have won due to his recent performances.
Zidane was ok before the WC and great during the WC, and since he has retired it seems like he got some extra votes in honor to his great career.

Anyways, Im not saying Cannavaro doesn't deserve it, but I think they should look more into the their regular performances and not just the World Cup games. Its not FIFA (World Cup) World player award... :)
But surely part of being a great player is performing to the highest level in the biggest tournament.

Ronaldo won it a couple of years ago when he scored 8 goals in the WC finals but didn't do much else that year (apart from a silly haircut)
Post Reply