soccer tennis, does it help?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Futbol
Sophomore Member

Does soccer tennis (even against a wall) help your ball control, or do anything to improve your skills?

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

I would have to say it does. You don't know how the ball is going to come back to you, thus mimicing a game like situation. It also helps you a ton on ball control! :wink:

Hope I helped you out some.

Ronaldinho10

Football tennis defenetly helps your ball control. You can play with a friend or against a wall. If your playing against a wall , keep practicing until you can keep the ball up with one touch ie. no touches to contol the ball , just hit off the wall with your first touch. Or you can play games against the wall like 10 keepy uppys then against the wall then 9 then against the wall then 8...etc. until you get to 1 , then go back up to 10. That's good for your concentration aswell as your having to think. Use different parts of your foot to control the ball , outside , inside etc. and your ball control will be like Zidane's in no time! :D
So to sum up football tennis against the wall or with a friend defenetly helps your control :D

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Whenever i see footage of the french national team or of the teams in the french league they are playing "Foot-Tennis" so it is important if pros do it during practice.

englishplayer

Yes, this will help your ball control a ton and if you do it with a friend it can be a lot of fun too.

RonaldinhoSkills

Yea... It helps people from not being nervous or shook or anything also a smaller ball helps
Remember... Never do a skill twice, always be creative, after that, you'll own.

elastico
New User

Soccer tennis definitely helps- its a fun way to improve firsttouch and ball control.

I often play with the two-touch rule, which makes the first touch very critical.
Soccer-tennis is also good for volleying and chest-trapping skills.
Football’s not a matter of life and death — it’s much more serious than that.

Futbol
Sophomore Member

Do you guys keep it off the ground?

zizou10-5

of ocurse, i sometimes let it bounce once.

Futbol
Sophomore Member

As in, do you volley it most of the time.

Duffo

I play it alot normally 2v2 and we let it bounce most the time

KaMurder

soccer tennis is just a fun way to inprove you first toutch and have a great time..