Juggling for long times

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Futbol
Sophomore Member

Juggling for long times

Post by Futbol »

My current daily training regime just includes shooting (accuracy), and juggling the ball. I try to juggle it for as long as I can, the most so far I can do was 51. Is this just a big waste of time? Or is it helping me improve my skill?

I decided to practice juggling after finding out that most trials would ask you to juggle.
Enjoythis469
Sophomore Member

Post by Enjoythis469 »

its by no means a waste of time...what you are doing is improving your touch....once you get to a point where you can pick up a ball and juggle until your legs get tired or do as many as you want to...id say your good...but make sure you work on juggling at LEAST 15 min a day..another touch exercise can be to throw or kick the ball into the air and control it with one touch with your head...thigh...foot anything you want..or to try and trap it then run with it....all these exercises improve your touch..and of course shooting improves well shooting. :)
Enjoythis469
Sophomore Member

Post by Enjoythis469 »

also one thing i forgot to post...when you juggle make sure you hit the ball properly so that there is little to no spin on it.
Futbol
Sophomore Member

Post by Futbol »

I juggle for 1.5 hours a day. But the ball always has heaps of backspin, yet somehow it seems that I have more control this way. How do I get it so that there's no/little spin?

I juggle using the top of my toes, since i seem to have more control than using my instep.
Enjoythis469
Sophomore Member

Post by Enjoythis469 »

futbol..i use to have backspin too...but not only is it harder to control...but itll help (wihtout backspin) with kicking as well.. since your drives will not spin and go straight just like the pros.....just hit the ball with the big bone in your foot...just like youd shoot with. Also make sure your hitting the ball striaght up and hitting the ball in the middle straight up. It should only take 2-3 days to get down. if you practice it meaningfully... just relax..i find that getting tense only rushes you forcing you to panic while doing anything in soccer...
the dribbler

Post by the dribbler »

this is a dribbling section not freestyling section. go to freestyle forum on expertfootball.com :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: 8)
Futbol
Sophomore Member

Post by Futbol »

the dribbler wrote:this is a dribbling section not freestyling section. go to freestyle forum on expertfootball.com :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: 8)
But this has to do with ball control, not so much freestyling. I want to be a pro soccer player, not a pro freestyler.

When I hit the ball with my instep, my leg has to come up higher than if I use my toes though. Isn't the ball supposed to remain around knee/waist height?

Oh, and is 1.5hours too long to spend on just juggling? Should I maybe spend 30minutes max?
Enjoythis469
Sophomore Member

Post by Enjoythis469 »

yes and no.... your feet willl come a bit higher to hit the ball correctly...but you could time it so that you work a little harder/faster. Another possibility is to train to still use the part of your foot which you a using currently and try not to make it spin THAT way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxL6I-Io ... 0freestyle i know this video has been posted before .... but its the best one i could find of ronaldinho juggling in realtime and you can see how it has little to no spin on it except when he does tricks sometimes. Also...If you like to practice 1.5 hours of juggling a day..go for it...thats what i did for a while until now...since i feel pretty comfortable about it.No one is going to tell you to stop or don't. It is questionable one of the most important aspects of soccer. Touch
noah
Sophomore Member

Post by noah »

try jogging and increase your pace while keeping the ball in the air, try making a few touches and then knock it high into the air as if going over the head of a defender and maintain control of the ball. There are lots of things to do if you are bored with your routine. I also like to imagine there is a player marking me so i practice protecting the ball with my body as i juggle and then maybe i'll flick it over my head and recieve it or shuffle around etc.
think two passes ahead.
soccerchild27

Post by soccerchild27 »

Ok i just tried juggling for 15 min and use my weak foot the most but i can't seem to stop getting a lot of back spin. When i relax i just get more back spin.I've been trying to improve my juggling for a good week and a half. I went to youtube.com and watched 4 or 5 ranoldinho videos i don't see how he gets no spin. Any other ideas that will help?
thrillboy
Veteran Member

Post by thrillboy »

When im juggling it helps when i put back spin on the ball. I put backspin on the ball so i don't have to chase it around.It works for me.
soccerchild27

Post by soccerchild27 »

that was actually a while ago...in my mind...i decided to use backspin juggling which is easier until i feel i have mastered that and then ill move on to the no-spin juggling which is suppoed to be harder. I was having trouble with my left because i hadn't taught it how to juggle ever :cry: But i got the hang of it by last thursday i just needed to stop neglecting it. :D
Image Credit to stephez

"Train and never stop dreaming.If you have a dream, you must give EVERYTHING for it."-Ronaldinho
footballtechnik
New User

Re: Juggling for long times

Post by footballtechnik »

Juggling is not a waste of time. As somebody said above, it improves your touch.

However, I would mix it with playing against a wall. This exercise will help you improve your passing, shooting and also your first touch.

I wrote this post about training on your own when the first Covid lockdown started: https://footballtechniques.co/simple-fo ... -your-own/. I hope you find it useful.