World Cup Progress Reports

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
G-Unit-Freestyler

Post ur thoughts about the matches u saw here:-

Germany 4 Costa Rica 2

Germany's attack in good form, with Lahm scoring a stunner from left of the penalty box, 2 goals from Klose and a screamer from Frings.

matt
EF Forum Legend

Good to see some attacking play, excellent goals from both teams.

Germany's defence was appalling at times. Wanchope was completely played onside by the carless right-back.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Yeah Germany's offense played very well, had many oportunities and capatilized on 4 of them. Great pair of goals from Klose.

Germany's defense was quite poor, i didnt like the way they played. They should have challenged the attackers and not sit back and wait for them.

Wiseman_philosopher

Croatianblood1 wrote:Yeah Germany's offense played very well,
Offense?? lmao. They are called 'attackers', it's not american.

I missed the first 3 goals because I was out, then came back and missed the 4th goal because I was out the room! so annoying! But Frings' goal was incredible.

The ball will create so many amazing goals though, and it's a nightmare for keepers. Is this good or bad? Who knows.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

J
Admin

I love this new ball. It responds so well off your boot. It is a nightmare for keepers, but It is going to make for very exciting football this world cup.

Two of Germany's goal were just unbelievable. I hope the rest of the cup keeps creating goals like that. Great to see Germany attacking so much as well. Not whatt I excpected at all for the opening match.

jonte

Wanchope was good, and Klose too. But Germanys defenders sucked hard, they will lose vs good teams.
Zlatanist javisst!

jthursto

i think his name is Frings? i loved his goal it was sooo beautiful

J
Admin

Wiseman_philosopher wrote:
So I guess we can't say "defense" either because that's American too, right?? :|

hustler89
Veteran Member

Yeah, great opening match between Germany and Costa Rica. Some stunning goals.

Big contrast to the Ecuador Poland game which I am finding very boring at the moment.
Booooring....

jonte

Ecuador, wow.. great team
Zlatanist javisst!

matt
EF Forum Legend

J wrote:
So I guess we can't say "defense" either because that's American too, right?? :|
Oi! Anybody criticising defence will be made to fix it with de hammer and de nails........

It really doesn't matter, but Wiseman is right, Germany's attackers played well, they have a strong offense.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

J
Admin

I don't think it matters anyway. We all knew what 'craotionblood' meant.

Ronaldinho10

J wrote:
Wiseman_philosopher wrote:
I thought that comment was gonna lead to a pointless argument , your right J , whatever people say attackers or offense is cool so lets just leave it at that :D

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

1st game was good craic. germans just had better skills, thats y they won i feel.
2nd game was lacking in quality attacks, but tommy smyth and ur man who was with him are brilliant together. haha fav quote form that game was from smyth " i was under the impression that all ball swere round, but i guess this one is rounder" haha brilliant.

tomorrow i think Argentina v Cote d'Ivoire will be match of the day. is messi playing in it?
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

peps1154
Veteran Member

Lets see what can I say, I dont think the first game was good both teams seemed to be sleeping out there, but stunning goals. As to the second game I must say job well done to Ecuador, Poland had a few decent chances (especialy that crossbar, and that beutiful curve off the post) but thats not enaugh. As bad as I think the first game was I think the second one was 10 times worse.