I get nervous :(

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
P.Nedved

hello all, The last few games i have become very nervous with the ball. Like
when im dribiling its like it dont know how to play i just loose it, then when i loose the ball i get even more frustrated. Is there anything wrong with
me? :(
I moved to a new club this season, but im comfortable with them all so that cant be the reason.
please help me lol :cry:

rambotheriddik
Sophomore Member

i shall try and help you. it may seem like you are concentrating too hard on not messing up that those thoughts are flooding your brain telling you to not mess up and panic that you actuallly do..comlicated but trust me, just dont think too hard about it, next time you get the ball just compose yourself, look up and asses what your options are and take it.

Soccer man
Sophomore Member

Pritce more,, espically with your team players so you are conifdent. If possibile pritice in the field you usally play, have a few people as a audince and then play. You will evently loose your fear, which i think is most likely one of those stage fright things. You are so worried about not messing up that you mess up.

Hope this helps:)
Allo

touchshoot

hey dude i had like the same problem last year i knew that i had the skills it was just i didnt know wat to do. but then after time m8 i got more bak into it its just a stage ull get out of it dw

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

You have to relax and play your game, but you also have to realize that sometimes you will get the ball taken away from you. Don't be afraid to try out new things in games.
When you are nervous, you don't want the ball, so you have to get pumped up and want the ball, this way you are calm and confident with it. You trap it, pick your head up, and look for an open man.
50% of the game is mental, if you aren't feeling it up there, then it doesn't matter how much skills you have, they are pretty much going to waste when you aren't mentally prepared.

Hope this helps.
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

P.Nedved

well thx all i hope this will help me out :)

Wiseman_philosopher

Hi,

I thought I posted this, but now I remember my internet crashed as I pressed submit, so now I gotta type it all out agen lol.

I got this from a professional club psychologist. As a top class footballer, you should have a mental 'black-box'. Now, if you make a mistake, you just shut it to the back of your mind, and it shouldn't affect your game. So lets say you play a bad pass; if you imagine a large black box in your mind, and then imagine putting that thought into it. You can always open up the box after the game and analyse yourself, but for now, just store it away and move on.

This may sound a little strange, but apparently it psychologically works.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

JDTRIXTA

i use to go through phases when i was younger but now i am more confident when i play the game and if i do make a mistake on the feild you gota get on with the game and forget about it because every makes mistakes in the game just some people let it get to them and then some don't. i hoped this helped :wink:

pomyboi
New User

JDTRIXTA wrote:i use to go through phases when i was younger but now i am more confident when i play the game and if i do make a mistake on the feild you gota get on with the game and forget about it because every makes mistakes in the game just some people let it get to them and then some don't. i hoped this helped :wink:

8) hey that's a great post JDTRIXTA it really helped me out also :wink:

JDTRIXTA

:wink: no worries pomyboi

Sputnik

you do know you are posting from the same ip address jd and pomy?

and im not sure how many people from 'england' would like to be called pomy
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

Wiseman_philosopher

Sputnik wrote:you do know you are posting from the same ip address jd and pomy?

lol. Well spotted Sputnik. And the fact that out of the 3 posts that 'pomyboi' has made, 2 of them include the words, "i agree with JDTRIXTA" is just a coincidence methinks :wink: lol
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

Ronaldinho10

Wiseman_philosopher wrote:
Sputnik wrote:you do know you are posting from the same ip address jd and pomy?

lol. Well spotted Sputnik. And the fact that out of the 3 posts that 'pomyboi' has made, 2 of them include the words, "i agree with JDTRIXTA" is just a coincidence methinks :wink: lol
How did you work that out (that he was using the same ip address)?

Wiseman_philosopher

Ronaldinho10 wrote:How did you work that out (that he was using the same ip address)?
If you're a moderator you can view anybody's IP.

Ronaldinho10

Wiseman_philosopher wrote:
Ronaldinho10 wrote:How did you work that out (that he was using the same ip address)?
If you're a moderator you can view anybody's IP.
Oh , ok cool. Thanks man , was wandering cos I had my suspicions about it and was wandering how you guys could see that it was the same ip address and I couldn't , thanks for clearing that up.