How to step it up

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
ole10

hey guys, i'm 14 and i'm a pretty descent soccer player. in the fall i made the JV team and then tryed out for a u16 extremely good team but didn't make it cause they wouldn't let me try out. so i'm on this not so good u15 team. i know it's time i stand out and make things happen. im playin center midi and i know this is a great position for doing so. i want to be the go to guy. my passing is pretty good and my dribbling isn't to bad. does anyone have any tips for making things happen on the field? any tips so i get more confident, quicker more effective dribbling, beautiful creativity and vision in my passing. im a number 10 and now i'm ready to start playin like it. does anyone have any tips for in game or training that would help me really be the guy that teams fear, has more fun, and is the best player out there.

Mobes
New User

Hey, i know what you mean. You seem really passionate about this, which is good. You have the type of hunger that cannot be taught. I also play center-mid, i too have a hunger to be the best. But so does every other center-mid, the only thing that makes you different from the guy next to you is your mind. Use it, in training and game situations pay attention to the little things, the small things are what makes players great. And as far as vision, your eyes are important, get your head up and look at the position of players on the field as often as you can. Center-mid's job is to be the go-to guy. So if you see an opening, passing lane, get into it and show for the ball. Make eye contact and be vocal, position your run so that it creates the most space for you to move. Always open up to the field, don't be afraid to dribble a little more. By dribbling you open up the defense and create new opportunities for your teammates to go. And if they don't see the opportunities gently point it out. Tell them where to go and or play the ball into space for them. The key is pass and move, dribble and open, plan and execute. :wink:

madridfc
Veteran Member

great post mobes, that was really good :wink:
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

jdefoe
Forum groupie

i agree

ole21
Sophomore Member

hey thanks guys that's some good advice. i noticed that once the game keeps going i loose some concentration and the intensity. like in 20 or 30 min games at practice, i loose my concentration once or twice but in 40 min halves i find my concentration level getting lower and lower along with my intensity. does anyone have any tips to help this. also when i practice alone: does anyone have anything i can work on so my reflexes get better, like first step reflexes ecspecialy so i'm ahead of the entire game physicaly and mentally.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

what i do to increase my mentality and concentration is pretend pele is right there watching. it helps for me, maybe it'll work for you too.

Mobes
New User

Mentally to be focused you have to be relaxed. Have fun, but also be serious. cfrealmadrid has a great method, pretend that some one you admire is watching you. I use my dad, because he always makes to my games and most training sessions. I want to do the best that i can, not just for me, but for him to. He gives me the opportunity to be able to play soccer regardless of most situations. He does his best to make sure that i am able to play a sport that i love so much. So that is why i play, i play to show him that i appreciate him being there. But that is why i focus. It is different for every person to pick a mentor or some one the admire, choose the best one for you, and maybe that will help you focus. :wink:

sOcCeRKiD11

theres a down side to that..even if u think hes there..wut if u mess up..ur confidents goes down..u become unsure..everything changes..ur game level goes down..theres always a downside to things..like the ying and the yang if u no wut i mean

Mobes
New User

yeah i know what you mean, but the best way to get better is to learn from your mistakes and when you mess up, you are always the first one to know. Also, pressure it good, but sometimes it can become over whelming. Try to focus more, i usually give more effort to cover the feelings of too much pressure. And when he is watching, after a game he does let me know what he sees when i am playing. I really don't like to hear it, but he is usually right, and i try to pay attention, so that i don't make the same mistakes.

af2266

also i dont know if anyone else thinks this works but i like to that theres nothing to worry about and i tell myself that if i make mistakes that its ok but go after the ball and dont give up

agree with u

ASRoma_Casano
Sophomore Member

Anonymous wrote:agree with u
i also play mid. its hard always to make the team if your a mid cause half the people who play soccer are mid. resently i joined a club named west london strikers. they are a good team, i have formula that can help everone improve in soccer. CONFiDENCE+HEART= GOOD SOCCER PLAYER
Roma + Calcio = Soccer

Kevin

I always find a player needs to be able to play on several positions, not only as an attacker or defender. I myself can play as Offensive mid, defensive mid and central defender. It's also handy when you make it in a team (when the opponent is to strong for the defence for example, you can always make it as midfielder !) ...

af2266

ASRoma_Casano wrote: CONFiDENCE+HEART= GOOD SOCCER PLAYER
nice math there :) lol

barca/marquez

hey dude. if you really want to stand out in a game. do this. visualize yourself in a world cup final match and it is the opportunity of a lifetime. play with a purpose, as if youre gonna lift that trophy after the game is over,. play with passion and heart, and let your skill do the rest