Do we all have ADHD?

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
panchester07
Veteran Member

Yeah sorry that i bother, but holy fu**, its an argument thats been bothering..... so i'm a normal lad, maybe the class clown and the stupidest one (the one that dares to do the riskier things), i've had a different girl friend each year. but it turns out according to this psychologist i went to (to find out my carrer) that i have add.. to say the least this matter has made me waaaaay self-concious.. im like holy fu** im a freak now... and way worried..... but i've been talking to friends lately, and we "all have adhd" its like holy fu**.... this friend gets pretty good grades, is on the debate team, this and that, is hella popular "and he has add too".. man i know this sh*t is real, and maybe thats why we are best friends, because we might share that thing in common, but are psycologists over reacting? your thoughts, i'm sure that more than 3 of us here " have been diagnosed with add" and its becoming ever so common i'm starting to wonder if its legit

opinions?

PS: how this thread started basically my friend told me he had adhd according to a psycologist and then i was talking to another friend and he said he had it aswell, and i'm like fu**, its like 5 of us in a room playing fifa, and 4 of us "have adhd" i'm thinking holy fu**, then who doesn't have it?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

desire10
Veteran Member

Firstly, sorry to hear about your news! But it's nothing to worry about, i have a friend who has AD', and I think he is hilarious! It's a good thing!

I'm not at all educated with the syndrome, but I don't buy it, I don't get how a physiologist can diagnose someone with AD. It could just be someone's personality. But my friend who I mentioned has to take pills for his case to keep him calm, and they work for him, they seem to settle him down. It's hilarious when he forgets them though. I remember one time in class his laptop went dead, so he detached the battery, and then kind of started running on the spot with it on the sole of his foot on the carpet, hoping to statically charge it. It was dead silent so it was actually pretty hilarious. He's obsessed with stashing shitin my jumper hoody. I'm always finding paper, apple cores, pencils, you name it in my hood, and I never know until he says "what's in the hood?". Strange kid, but I think he's quite funny haha.
Everything you need, is already inside.

TheBrilliance

Yeah ive got ADHD. Its got its pros and cons. My brother has it more severley.

Im a class clown. Always twitching and moving my feet, and body. Still a kid at heart and Im 19. Ive got a few things wrong with me and ADHD does not help it one bit.

But just having ADD or ADHD is no biggie. Just take ritalin if its a problem. Helps my bro.

panchester07
Veteran Member

I'm not at all educated with the syndrome, but I don't buy it, I don't get how a physiologist can diagnose someone with AD. It could just be someone's personality. But my friend who I mentioned has to take pills for his case to keep him calm, and they work for him, they seem to settle him down. It's hilarious when he forgets them though. I remember one time in class his laptop went dead, so he detached the battery, and then kind of started running on the spot with it on the sole of his foot on the carpet, hoping to statically charge it. It was dead silent so it was actually pretty hilarious. He's obsessed with stashing shitin my jumper hoody. I'm always finding paper, apple cores, pencils, you name it in my hood, and I never know until he says "what's in the hood?". Strange kid, but I think he's quite funny haha.
Ok first, theres no reason to be "sorry for me" or feel bad or anything, there hae been thousands of extremely succesful people who have adhd, and you never would have noticed, the psycologist told me she has patients with hot wives, CEO'S, that take trips to europe and the carribean every year, and that have adhd, they just take medication be it ritalin or whatever in important moments i.e. a long meeting with important people to make important decesions where they have to be concentrated for 5-6 hours.... It isn't any handicap.. You probably would be surprised, that many people that you admire throughout your lives have it and some don't.. presidents, ceo's, businessmen, football managers, haha, your making it sound like it was a huge deal bro ;);)

Second, yeah your friend, weird kid, like there are people that can keep concentrated for hours and are the weirdest people on earth, to people that have ocd and are perfectly normal and pick up the hottest women out there for example.. weird and adhd have nothing to do... you can be a weirdo with it, or normal with it, or a weirdo without it...haha i know you where trying to be kind, but maybe the fact that you know little about the condition makes you likely to believe some myths that are out there.
Yeah ive got ADHD. Its got its pros and cons. My brother has it more severley.

Im a class clown. Always twitching and moving my feet, and body. Still a kid at heart and Im 19. Ive got a few things wrong with me and ADHD does not help it one bit.

But just having ADD or ADHD is no biggie. Just take ritalin if its a problem. Helps my bro.
Well, i do pleed guilty when it comes to concentratin for long boring tests, and sometimes in the middle of the class i might be paying attention to the proffesor and then i start day dreaming about the match i have at night ..and loose focus of what the profesor is talking abut..... but i think the mayority of the people i know, are the same ...

I agree with ya that its no bigige, just gotta cope with it and learn to overpower it with strategies.. If you have trouble organizing yourself, then buy an agenda, make a calendar, have papers to remind you of tasks that you have coming up, study days before the test, sit in front of your class to have less distractions, etc... Medication for me? Naah not really, maybe in finals, to be honest with you i have taken ritalin here or there because I have been diagnosed when i was an 8 year old with adhd because i was waay crazy and hyperactive(but always got good grades), and the point is that the ritalin does help, a lot, it basically makes you numb as hell and you are just glued to the chairr and your eyes are looking at the book and its even a little interesting to read it.......without i can study, and always have been able to, but it takes a little more willpower, etc.. Fortunately my college is mostly about projects and papers, which i find rather easy and mildly amusing so no need for medicine in that situation...

I started this thread because i look to my left, "yes i have deficit disorder", and i look to my right "yeah i can't sit down and study with a book, doctors say i have adhd" why am i finding so many people, do you think some doctors misdiagnose? or are we talking about a condition much more common than we think?

To tell you effer's a secret, when i was 8-16 i knew i had that sh*t (according to a doctor) and i didn't give a flying fu** about in fact i thought it made me different and more cooler, then a combination of factors made my confidence drop and i started looking at adhd as "the plague and my eternal handicap", and it was basically an excuse for everything, i can't do this better because, i have adhd... and it sucked balls i really had negative believes about it all of the sudden, i had already a lot of friends, girl friends, good or average grades, and life was pretty sweet, there was really nothing "i was bad at" but i let misconceptions fu** my mind of and i was really negative and anxious about it.... Luckily, i've read, informed myself and seen profesinals and i now understand that its something quite normal that people have had for ages and it doesn't make anyone better or worse, and what determines your success or failure in life is each person, and not anything else ! :!:

TheBrilliance

Yeah man alot of doctors misdiagnose. You can tell if you have it. People and parents can tell if you have it. Some doctors believe 1 in 3 have ADD and and 1 in 8 ADHD. There is less than that, but some people might have a small amount.

klc123
Veteran Member

^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_ ... y_disorder
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD or AD/HD or ADD) is a developmental disorder.
Not everyone has ADHD, it is a genetic defect, similar to huntingtons disease.

Although you can suspect someone of having it by examining their psyche, the only way to know for sure is to do genetic fingerprinting.

No matter what you say, I do pity you Panch. Regardless of what you believe of the disease, it is a handicap. Even if you can control it by taking drugs for the rest of your life, that is as much of a handicap as say perhaps someone with type 2 diabetes.
Researchers found that 60 percent of the children diagnosed with ADHD continue having symptoms well into adulthood.[182][183] Many adults, however, remain untreated.[182] Untreated adults with ADHD often have chaotic lifestyles, may appear to be disorganized and may rely on non-prescribed drugs and alcohol to get by.[184] They often have such associated psychiatric comorbidities as depression, anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, substance abuse, or a learning disability
^ I wouldn't consider any of those possibilities to lead to a better life. Intelligence in my opinion is the most important quality in people, as it allows them to make the right decisions in difficult situations, and to be "wiser". You need to be able to concentrate and think carefully. Einstein and co certainly would not have achieved the things they did if they had the disorder...It just would make the things they thought about impossible to imagine.

The reason I say this is that ADHD doesn't just limit your ability to concentrate. It also limits your ability to be creative, and have more depth of thought, as your brain does not want to think for prolonged periods of time. This would make theories such as General Relativity impossible to imagine.

Don't get the wrong end of the stick, I'm not saying you cannot be successful, make lots of money and "get lots of hot girls". However, if those are the only things you consider important in life, then that brings me more sorrow than knowing of your disease...

If you do have the disorder, good luck in life, and make sure you get all the help and support you can.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Not everyone has ADHD, it is a genetic defect, similar to huntingtons disease.

Although you can suspect someone of having it by examining their psyche, the only way to know for sure is to do genetic fingerprinting.

No matter what you say, I do pity you Panch. Regardless of what you believe of the disease, it is a handicap. Even if you can control it by taking drugs for the rest of your life, that is as much of a handicap as say perhaps someone with type 2 diabetes.
Man taking drugs for the rest of your life? are you crazy what are you talking about......?

You have a huge misconception about adhd man, you can't do a quick wikipedia search and start talking about it like you've been doing resarch about it for years..

In my personal case, its very moderate according to the profesional, but i have to repeat to you and everybody, its much more common than what i thought.. Only asking a few persons over these last days i have found out so many people do have it.. Just yesterday, i was in my team captain's car, we had a game, and he gave me a ride home, and he was like "damn, i fukin lost ernesto's ipod, oh no, here it is", and since the adhd topic is fresh in my mind and i've been talking about it lately, out of curiousity i ask him "do you loose things often?" and he's like, "yeah, i have bad adhd"...... I thought "wait a minute, freeze, pause, stop, what?".... this guy is my team captain, the leader, he was president of his class in school, has a scholarship for georgia tech and is gonna study engineering there, and he just told me has bad adhd.. like that, i've been paying more and more attention to the "condition" and friends and people in the day to day that may have it, and i've found many succesful, confident, high status people do.... my team captain said "all my family has it, :lol: i don't give a damn about it, his family are politicans here in panama his uncle is actually vice president, his other uncle was president last year of the legislative branch here in panama and they all have adhd, they are also owners of a alcohol factory or whatever which produces the best alcohol in the country, and exports it, check it out Ron Abuelo, Seco Herrerano, and so on.....

You don't need to take a medication every day of your life, or are a social outcast, freak, and a weirdo, thats a myth, like the easter bunny and so many others, adhd was discovered in 1970s and millions of people have it since ancient times, some more severe than others, some more obvious than others, and others like my personal case you wouldn't really notice unless i told you..

Yes its a disorder, its something that makes concentrating on uninteresting topics harder, and that makes you a more distracted person.. Period... You aren't a freak, a moron, stupid, an imbecile, or a piece of sh*t...but like the_brilliance says its no biggie.. you can get through life and reach all your goals as much as anybody else..
^ I wouldn't consider any of those possibilities to lead to a better life. Intelligence in my opinion is the most important quality in people, as it allows them to make the right decisions in difficult situations, and to be "wiser". You need to be able to concentrate and think carefully. Einstein and co certainly would not have achieved the things they did if they had the disorder...It just would make the things they thought about impossible to imagine.
Haha, first off, inteligence was the most important quality in the 1970s or so.. Now, many have concluded that the most important trait is Emotional Intelligence, empathy, the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes, IQ is actually not as important as other traits.

Second, People with adhd can have the highest IQ's, its 2 different things, i myself have an iq of 134 which is above average but im sure there are people with higher iq's on this site, its just there ability to concentrate and focus for longs periods of times on tasks that are boring or unmotivating that results hard for them... But guess what, thats why you study something you like :D If you like engineering you're not gonna find it hard to concentrate, and if you like laws you'll be able to study.. Even if you don't have adhd you're bound to fail and become frustrated if you find yourself in a career that you don't like....

Third, Einstein was a moron in school and is suspected to maybe have suffered of adhd... but he got really far in life didn't he? "imagination is more important than knowledge... bla bla "

Fourth to be wiser, there are many ways of learning, the wiser man is not the one that can read more books, though books do teach, then again, a person with adhd can read as many or more books as a person without it. You can become wise out of experiences and you can learn through many ways, sitting down and studying a book is only 1 way of learning, you can learn through listening, doing, the internet, damn you can learn in a trillion ways.

The reason I say this is that ADHD doesn't just limit your ability to concentrate. It also limits your ability to be creative, and have more depth of thought, as your brain does not want to think for prolonged periods of time. This would make theories such as General Relativity impossible to imagine.
People with adhd are actually the polar opposite, known for their creativity. Please don't do 3 minute research on wikipedia, a site that in the past you have said to be bullocks and that anyone can edit, and know you are using it as your main reference. Inform yourself before you talk about a topic.
Don't get the wrong end of the stick, I'm not saying you cannot be successful, make lots of money and "get lots of hot girls". However, if those are the only things you consider important in life, then that brings me more sorrow than knowing of your disease...
Dude, what the hell? its like almost too obvious that your intentions are to make yourself feel good, and make others in this case myself feel bad, sorry it just isn't gonna work, i have talked to enough profesionals and done enough research in my life and found out that too many succesful and happy people have adhd for me to give a fu** about it, and i'm gonna continue on my personal pursuit of happines like everybody else...

wherever did i mention that i wanted to be rich and that that was my ultimate goal and life? :?
If you do have the disorder, good luck in life, and make sure you get all the help and support you can.
To wrap it all up for ya, yeap, i have a very moderate case of adhd, which hasn't affected me with my grades, social life, or athletics. It will make some things harder for me in life, but i'm wise enough to work hader if things get harder. I luckily am studying laws, which is something that i like a lot and can't wait till i pursuit a career in it. Too many people have this disorder for me to worry 1 second about it, and i don't have the official stats but many people have it, and its much more common, if you look around, i'm sure you'll find a few people close to you that have it, and its no biggie.. for others, they are unaware of it and don't take action..

let me tell you something else..... nobody, or to little people are "just perfectly normal" in life... some have adhd, others ocd, other anger problems, others are impulsive, others have addictive tendencies, other beat their wives, others are nympho's, others are depressed(like you said you where in another thread) and others have personality disorders..

Yes welcome to reality, everybody has problems, and positive traits. Nobody was created perfect, only the Lord, and this life is nothing more than about working with your strength and weakness the best way possible to pursuit your freams.. It might be easier for some, and harder for others, but everybody out there has bad traits to them as well as good ones.. What determines your success is your will and passion to work and improve and move on in life, not if you are born inmaculate and with blue eyes, blonde hair, hansom, or the grades you get.... Many people have adhd, so what, it means nothing, probably they can't sit down and concentrate for 3 hours with a book, but they have hundreds of other gifts, and there are ways around the problem and different learning systems.. adhd is small, people are born missing legs, or have terrible illnesses, and get through, we can all do anything, and no one is better than anyone, we are all given gifts and weaknesses, and we can all reach the pinnacle we just need to bust a ball.. and if someone denies that then they are probably full of crap.. The president of my country, takes pills because he has bipolar disorder, and is actually a vivid drinker suspected to be alcoholic and has been seen many times drunk in public..... Then again, he is the owner of the biggest supermarket franchise allover the country and is a multi-millionarie, and again, is the president of my country...

You personally where telling us about your chronic depression in which we all offered support, i personally think thats not something "that leads to a better life" either, but fu**, we all have something, improve and move on right? or curse the world for making me born this way and jump off a bridge? i rather see the glass half full, take hope in that many people have been through what i'm going through and i have 1000 reasons to smile because many people with worse situations than me have come out succesful and victorious.. Me a titan, a warrior, a soccer player, a brother, a son, a friend to many, a student, a christian, why would i look at the 1 reason i have to fail and make it my reality when i have thousands of reasons to rejoice and be hopeful and confident... If i have this disorder in a moderate quantity then its something i've had my whole life, i've always gotten good grades, have had many friends, and been a great athlete, its not that i'm gonna become a looser over night, its simply that we all have weaknesses....Would i ever become depressed in my life ? I don't know, probably not because my personality is more cheerfull and joyfull than others.. But some get depressed chronically, its something medical that occurs to them, and its one of their weakneses or personality, does it mean anything? Not even, they can turn the omelette around in a 360 degrees and do whatever they wish..

Anyway, waaaay off topic, i actually made this thread because i had been realizing that people to my right, people to my left, and people in the middle also had this disorder in a moderate, mild, or severe way and if ya'll thought it was more common than suspected or if it was a case of doctors misdiagnosing..

klc123
Veteran Member

Man taking drugs for the rest of your life? are you crazy what are you talking about......?

You have a huge misconception about adhd man, you can't do a quick wikipedia search and start talking about it like you've been doing resarch about it for years..
I read this far and then decided I'm not going to waste any more time on this thread.

I clearly know nothing about the disease and got all my facts off wikipedia, even though a large proportion of my final A level biology unit involved learning in-depth about the causes, effects and treatments of ADHD. Not that I'm an expert, but I think I warrant some credibility for the small amount of biological knowledge I have.

panchester07
Veteran Member

I clearly know nothing about the disease and got all my facts off wikipedia, even though a large proportion of my final A level biology unit involved learning in-depth about the causes, effects and treatments of ADHD. Not that I'm an expert, but I think I warrant some credibility for the small amount of biological knowledge I have
To be quite honest when you said "you pity me" and that " i have to take a drug my entire life" and that i should get all the help that i can, and quoted wikipedia multiple times it sounded like that.. If its not the truth then im sorry, but what you got off a text book i get out of real life and i can guarantee with 100% certainty that there are hundreds of thousands of perfectly normal people that have adhd and live totally normal lives like yours or mine and don't live in a human junkyards, require a pill everyday of their lives, and constantly need help to concentrate on a simple day to day problem...

I took offense out of that, because again, in my childhood was diagnosed by a very moderate case of the disorder, and have been taught by profesionals all my life, and have met so many people in my life, that prove to me adhd is a condition that is real, and can be inconvenient in certain activities, but it can be overcome and is not troublesome some enough to cause the mayority of the individuals to have an extraordinary weird chaotic neurotic psychotic disorganized life.. If you are distracted while studying then fu**, make a sumarry, or a chart, or highlight, take notes, or study in group, sit in the front row in class, make little efforts to becoming more motivated in school, for other things like socializing, partying or doing sport adhders need no motivation, they are always down and are the first ones to put their cleats on and hit the fields.. i don't know, its small things like that.. not any chaotic disgraceful malignant disease that will lead individuals straight to a pile of sh*t ..

I assure you that if you yourself pay attention on your day to day life, do you have a friend, it could be your mate, your enemy, the other team star player, the pick up artist of the school or the class clown, that is a little more fidgety and unstill than others, a little more distracted (tiny things at the end of the day), and maybe a little more disorganized than others he may have adhd and you've met him for 17 years and never knew he had it.... Just look out for the traits. They come in all shapes and sizes, jocks, emos, punks, stoners, skaters, athletes, its not neceserily a freak or the weirdo of the class with no friends for instance.. Just some information i gathered for researching and being a little more open minded.

I just read your post and you described people who have adhd as people that are like some weird pokemons speciess or something..

collin
Veteran Member

I once had a really good friend who has ADHD, its actually quite sad to. He had a bad case of it, he had trouble studying in class, he failed alot of classes because he couldn't concentrate. He also would get very mad sometimes, so mad that everyone would fear him, because he would tense up so much it was crazy. But, in the end hes actually really funny, and a pretty normal guy to be honest. He got into drugs and started living a fu**ed up life a few years ago so hes no longer my friend. But i would like to think that drugs helped him get his mind off ADHD that is a partial reason why he started doing it

panchester07
Veteran Member

Then again, there are cases and cases, there are bad cases too theirs no denying it, but fu** i never failed any classes or flunked a year to be honest, my dad would kill me if i did, and then theres other kids that have a much more severe case and its uch more obvious.. Maybe your pal had a few other disorders apart from adhd ... When you reach a point when your in your second year in college, have held decent grades, have a job, play sports and have a balanced life with a few details like being fidgety or loosing things a little more often than others you know your in the right track..

Others can't get by the 8th grade, and are terrible students....But i can stablish this idea enough.. In your very class rooms, in your friends, in your teams, in your families, there are at least half of a dozen of kids you never really thought of who have adhd..Then again if you pay close attention you would notice they are more uneasy, a little more hyper, and more jumpy or whatever... I'm trying hard to kill some myths on here.. i swear that collin, klc, or the first guy who posted on here find that they dislike doing homework, are always wanting to do sports, daydream a lot you might even have adhd in a small case yourself.... You don't need to be a lunatic to have it, many people do in a small amount me included...maybe some of you do to, the cases mentioned have been way more harsh, but my 2 best friends have it small as well and they are freaking normal individuals case and only if your actually looking for the traits that they move their fingers, pr touch things more, or are more curious, or can't be still at times and small sh*t like thatt is that would you notice, but you could be their friends and pals forever and you would have never known .. true storryyyy :shock:

collin you brought up a severe case, the only reason you can't bring up moderate or mild cases up in here and share them is because you don't even notice it and its bto a big deal :lol: but they are all over around you..

when a mate has done so much in their life, has gotten the great, admitted in the colleges they have been admitted, and reached so many goals in their life i'd be damned and rather shoot myself in the foot before even consider the fact that they are inadequate, less, uncapable, handicap or inferior.. But it happens everyday that a person with adhd gets admited in a top school lands a hot chick or scores the winning goal on his team, and due to some myths revealing that you havea avery small and moderate adhd is now the worst thing you can do because some, due to misinformation and lack of knowledge automatically start labelling you and drawing conclusions that lack a serious and concrete foundation and logic to them.

Its similar to the maryjane debate, oh holy fu** he smokes weed oh my lord what a junky drug addict he sucks at life he's going to be unhappy and be a piece of sh*t and will be no good.. Then you look close, and soooo many people smoke everrrrryday it isn't even funny....Suddenly, all the myths evaporate and you look at weed as something much more chill, less fu**ed up than alcohol, and you take a hit yourself and relax you notice its no big deal and you move on with your life, with a more open mind and opinion

TheBrilliance

damn it klc...

I have ADHD, ive been tested and I do have it. I think i do alright.

Pity me all you want haha, im doing alllrighhttt

klc123
Veteran Member

Gonna copy and paste my private message to panch;
I say I pity you, I say it because I do.

That is not something that you should get self conscious over, nor something you should take offence to you.

I pity tramps on the street who have ruined their life on drugs.
I pity people who grow up without both their parents.

I pity my father, let me tell you about him.
When he was 18, he tried to break up a street fight. As he got in the way, the other person involved in the fight swung a baseball bat, and hit my father in the head with full force. My fathers head cracked open. He then contracted meningitis. That caused him to completely lose his hearing in one of his ears.
Since then, he has gone on to be the lead guitarist and singer in a successful local band. He has been a successful businessman and earned lots of money owning his own business. And has had a family and kids.

I pity my father for losing his hearing, something so precious. Yet it has never limited his life at all.

When I say I pity you, I say it because I do. That does not mean that you will not go to become anything you want to be, it just means you have my support in becoming anything you want to be. Those were, are, and always will be, my intentions when I post messages on these forums.

scottS4
Veteran Member

collin wrote:I once had a really good friend who has ADHD, its actually quite sad to. He had a bad case of it, he had trouble studying in class, he failed alot of classes because he couldn't concentrate. He also would get very mad sometimes, so mad that everyone would fear him, because he would tense up so much it was crazy. But, in the end hes actually really funny, and a pretty normal guy to be honest. He got into drugs and started living a fu**ed up life a few years ago so hes no longer my friend. But i would like to think that drugs helped him get his mind off ADHD that is a partial reason why he started doing it
same, i have a friend who has always had really bad adhd. he fought alot and ended up dropping out in grade 9 because he just couldn't pay attention. after that, he got heavily into drugs and drinking for a solid year before finally quitting.

panchester07
Veteran Member

The fact that you are comparing having ADHD is like apples and oranges lad, but it if the main message in your pm was that you can reach the top no matter what then your absolutely right! :D

I don't blame you kids, i mean, maybe the fact that i've been told i have it in a moderate quantity since i'm little makes me a lot more open minded about it. But it irritates me a little, and sometimes offends me ( i need to improve this) the fact that when i brought it off o igot these reactions on this forum:
:shock:
:x
:!:
:?:
:cry:

Look, i'm gonna save the names to myself, but just the way some of you type in a disorganized manner and the disorganized ways in which ya'll put your ideas to paper, beginning with one, then following with another one, then returning to a previous one, and blurting it all out instead of making it organized into parragraphs and sentences and flowing from one idea to the next in a proper manner, i could suspect that a few might have adhd.. Its not a humoungus deal, the majority of you probably don't but some might, and its not a matter of life or death, or having to take a pill for your entire life, and having a nurse next to you to help you complete simple day to day task...

Its something that if you aren't familiar with, you would never know, but once you know what it really is, you could start noticing it and realizing that its not at all a big problem. Again, its a little inconvenient, but unless you have it in a severe quantity it can never stop you from getting to college, making a family, getting a good job, or being succesfull in sports. The only thing that determines your success is how motivated you are and how hard you work. Its true that for somethings you need to work harder and put in more power of will if you have adhd, like studying for a final test. But look, my gpa from high school was 3.8 when i lived in the states and i gave trigonometry as a sophomore, why i'm telling you this i have no idea, i don't really know how else to open your minds, i'm not at all a nerd, or a person that cares to take advance classes, i was just capable of doing it and my parents requested me to get good grades if i wanted to play football and go out so i got them with a little effort..If i was told anything in my life was how intelligent i was, and often unmotivated uncarefull classmates told me i was "hella smart", "this kid is hella smart"..

Next time, i'm going to be much more wise, and not bring up the fact that i have adhd to people, i'll just keep quite, some people don't have open enough minds yet, and automatically relate it to desaster and handicap, and i think when ya'll live more and learn more you'll learn that its not a huge deal and that you have been friends, teamates, classmates, boyfriends, brother, cousins to people that adhd and you never knew it..why you never knew it is obvious, its because its not a huge deal, and you can only tell when people have it in a huge quantity, which is vary rare and i have never met a person that is totally unable to concentrate.

Because right now all of you except the_brilliance, are like. :shock: ADHD, oh my goodness poor child, you probably dropped out of school in 6th grade, your life is a total mess, and you need a special teacher to learn to do simple math problems..

All i am, is a person that is more fidgety, that needs to make a little more effort to do schoolwork, because my temptation is to hang out with friends, play fifa, or play footy before doing homework, but i have done it all my life and don't see anyreason why i should stop now, i leave sh*t for tomorrow, and when tomorrow comes i kind of have a lot of things to do, but 90% of the time i get them done, my room and car might get more disorganized than normal from time to time, but i can't live like that so inmediately i clean it up quickly.. I know that having adhd is a chill thing, like saying i suffer astma, or i get migranes. You know its there, you take the preventions, and you control it instead of letting it control you. I think most of you have this bad idea about adhd because you've only seen severe cases, but you actually have seen mild and moderate cases you just don't know the person has adhd because the person is perfectly normal and able to do the same things you are. I'd put money on a table and bet that people on this community have it aswell, because its actually a common thing, and even more common amongst athletes.

My experience with it, has allowed me to identify it more effectively, and in one of my teams in this league im playing, theres kids that sometimes forget the team short and need to borrow, or bring black socks when the color for the socks is white, who can't sit still and are always goofing around, and loose sh*t. I had the balls to ask my captain if he always lost sh*t, and he said yeah "i have bad add", and was totally chill about it, though i would have guessed it because i know how to identify it, you guys here would have never really noticed it because in your minds its heavily associated to a bad handicap, a disease, and something terrible, and you would be surprised to find out that you couldn't be more off. Put in another way, you could hang out with me, or many people that have adhd and you would never really notice they did, but when someone told you they had it you would freak out. Thats called being narrow minded but again i blame none of you because of stereotypes or whatever.

You guys can all think whatever you want, and form your own opinions, but maybe reading my posts on this thread with an open mind might help you become better and wiser persons at the end of the day, because i'm talking with a voice of experience and knowledge.

Choosing to focus on adhd as a weakness and let it control one would be looking at the glass half empty, and forming negative believes and limiting beliefs about it , knowing so many people that have it and are succesfull would just be a synonim of stupid and completely erroneous. If you limit yourself because you have adhd you might as well limit yourself because you have a big butt or because you are left footed. Theres not one logical reason to do it.

EDIT: Any way gents, you guys are free to think the way you guys want, i also shouldn't care as much as i do i should learn to just not give a hell period, we probably would all be better and more succesful people if we didn't worry what people thought:) I think we should all make a cool thread and talk footy and laugh of all this bulls**t....