Transfer Topic

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan »

Don't know if this has been posted.
Khedira signed for Madrid.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/ ... -07-30.htm
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.
TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun »

Evan wrote:Don't know if this has been posted.
Khedira signed for Madrid.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/ ... -07-30.htm
It'll be interesting to see how much RM's style of football changes with these more defensive signings at the hands of Mourinho. You have Khedira confirmed and chasing A.Cole and Maicon, but I guess the offense is considered very strong as it is. I wonder how Di Maria or Canales will do there in terms of playing time and adapting to the negative scrutiny that everyone tends to receive when/if they don't show their value.
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 »

You consider Maicon defensive? I know he's a left back, etc, but he's the player he is for his offensive traits. If he would do just what he does defensively he would just be another player and no one would know him. He does the minimal defensively, cover players on his wing, head balls, steal a few balls and anticipate passes. You can get a Spanish kid from Getafe to do that. On the other hand, offensively, what he's mostly known for he goes on this vertical sprints in where he leaves 2 behind and causes trouble for the other team. Even though his position on the book says he's a defender, I'd say he's not a defensive player, consider him attacking player, and if you want him on your team its because you want him to use his attacking skills. Like I said you could pay 4 million for someone to be defensive and stay in the back.

I don't think Mourinho is a defensive manager. I don't remember him being defensive in Chelsea or Porto, he plays with what he has and in Inter, an Italian team with that mindset he had very good defensive players hence he sticked with that .

Di Maria was playing ridiculous well football towards the end of the season last season. In Argentina he didn't play his position or with the tactics that will make him play well so I don't know. It seemed to me they bought him to have him as a starter. Ronaldo on one wing, di maria on the other and Kaka through the middle? Higuian on top? Ohhhh Ohhhhh Sick. I wish all three of them could have terrific seasons and hit their prime.

Can someone explain why they signed Khedira?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'
styale18

Post by styale18 »

word panchester ... khedira is not needed ... if anything all RM needed were defenders .... theyve got enough dms
TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun »

panchester07 wrote:You consider Maicon defensive? I know he's a left back, etc, but he's the player he is for his offensive traits. If he would do just what he does defensively he would just be another player and no one would know him. He does the minimal defensively, cover players on his wing, head balls, steal a few balls and anticipate passes. You can get a Spanish kid from Getafe to do that. On the other hand, offensively, what he's mostly known for he goes on this vertical sprints in where he leaves 2 behind and causes trouble for the other team. Even though his position on the book says he's a defender, I'd say he's not a defensive player, consider him attacking player, and if you want him on your team its because you want him to use his attacking skills. Like I said you could pay 4 million for someone to be defensive and stay in the back.

That's mainly what I was getting at. If Maicon is not really needed for attacking/goal production(which I don't think he is, look at the line-up below), why pursue him at such a cost? It's merely his name, Perez's need to sign big names and Maicon's desire to move to RM with Mourinho which is why a 4M kid from Getafe wouldn't do. I'd say him and Dani Alves are similar in regards to their wing ability but yet secondary defensive duties. I'd say you need to balance the team out vs. move further in the attacking direction which is what that move would do.

I don't think Mourinho is a defensive manager. I don't remember him being defensive in Chelsea or Porto, he plays with what he has and in Inter, an Italian team with that mindset he had very good defensive players hence he sticked with that .

I was going off his statements from the days right after he accepted the job. He stated he was going to look for 3-4 defensive-minded players to balance out the squad. The past is irrelevant to me because you don't get a chance to pick your squad from the beginning. Like you said, he went defensively at Inter because that was what was easiest to formulate and almost a requirement for success in Serie A. It just seems that he's truly trying to move things around, which is good. I just wonder how their play will change from last season.

Di Maria was playing ridiculous well football towards the end of the season last season. In Argentina he didn't play his position or with the tactics that will make him play well so I don't know. It seemed to me they bought him to have him as a starter. Ronaldo on one wing, di maria on the other and Kaka through the middle? Higuian on top? Ohhhh Ohhhhh Sick. I wish all three of them could have terrific seasons and hit their prime.

He is a really promising player. I think it's funny how he was quoted that his right leg is for standing only haha. Yeah, I think he'll be a viable starter because I don't see RVV, Granero, etc. constantly out-performing him. Canales is left-footed but I see him more in the middle. Hopefully Kaka can stay healthy this year and we'll see a great head-to-head season against Barcelona.

Can someone explain why they signed Khedira?

I mean, I thought they were fine without him. Perhaps they might suspect some players desire to leave that we don't get first-hand knowledge of until they are gone. Turnover at RM has been fairly high over the years so it might just be part of the process.
Juice

Post by Juice »

You consider Maicon defensive? I know he's a left back, etc, but he's the player he is for his offensive traits. If he would do just what he does defensively he would just be another player and no one would know him. He does the minimal defensively, cover players on his wing, head balls, steal a few balls and anticipate passes. You can get a Spanish kid from Getafe to do that. On the other hand, offensively, what he's mostly known for he goes on this vertical sprints in where he leaves 2 behind and causes trouble for the other team. Even though his position on the book says he's a defender, I'd say he's not a defensive player, consider him attacking player, and if you want him on your team its because you want him to use his attacking skills. Like I said you could pay 4 million for someone to be defensive and stay in the back.
Um, why would they want Maicon if it werent for a defensive purpose?
I mean since they have a offensively world class right back as Sergio Ramos.
Ofc its because he isn't good enough defensively. What makes Maicon perfect is that he has the ability to cover the whole right corridor offensively and defensively all the time basically. So I think that they want him for a defensive purpose, but its not like they aren't going to use his offensive quality too just because of that...

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.
soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 »

While Maicon is mostly known for his attacking, his defensive ability is very underrated. Attacking wise, I think Sergio Ramos and Maicon are about level but Real probably felt that Ramos wasn't adequate enough on the defensive end so I can definitely see how they could have got him for a defensive purpose. Defensively, I think Maicon is an upgrade.
united10
Veteran Member

Post by united10 »

Well looks like no move to Everton for Landycakes.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml
shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha »

Spain didnt have much width in the WC, which explains Ramos' performances. Although those performances as a RWB for Spain were terrific, he is a much better player in the middle. His "chest pass to iker" move that he does sometimes to nullify aerial passes is awesome to watch.

Honestly though, he is terribly predictable when attacking on the right wing. Its either a curling far post cross or the infamous cronaldo chop to dribble past a leftback.
united10
Veteran Member

Post by united10 »

Wow another signing from Manchester City.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmnSR0LwiS8
Juice

Post by Juice »

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

ronaldoR7

Post by ronaldoR7 »

Ramires will be heading to chelsea soon as both clubs have finally agreed on a 22mil bid . Now all chelsea need is a defender , backup goalkeeper and a decent young striker :lol:
Juice

Post by Juice »

ronaldoR7 wrote:Ramires will be heading to chelsea soon as both clubs have finally agreed on a 22mil bid . Now all chelsea need is a defender , backup goalkeeper and a decent young striker :lol:
No need for a young striker my friend, there is pleanty of them at the reserves and youth team :)
A goalie is a must, and one defender like you said :D

united10
Veteran Member

Post by united10 »

Sir Alex skipped training today to go watch the fulham vs Werder Bremen game to watch Ozil play. Sky Bet has odds of 1/3 of United signing Ozil
shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha »

well they better hurry cause barca entered the race for oezil after arsenal told barca "no cesc for you!"