Im faster then theo Walcott!

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
ReXage

Im faster then theo Walcott!

Post by ReXage »

Lol, I can run a 40 metre dash in 4.67 seconds and theo can run it in 4.86 seconds as it says on arsenals website

so how fast can you guys do a 40 metre dash?
evo

Post by evo »

Your timing is probably inaccurate. The players do it with electronic sensors so they are 100% accurate, stop watches aren't.

Saying that, even taking in account the inaccuracies (probably plus or minus 1 second) you did do quite a good time.
Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 »

EVO is correct. I ran a 2.71 or so seconds on a 20m dash, which is no where near my top speed. I've never run a 40m dash, but I have ran a 40 yarder, which was 4.58
powell
English Meister

Post by powell »

This is nothing. I run 100 metres in 9.21
klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 »

I've never run a 40m dash, but I have ran a 40 yarder, which was 4.58
Lol.

1 yard = 1 metre.

And Rexage, the timing was probably inaccurate, given that still, the very most id say its out by is one second, as previously stated which would still be a very quick time, and theres the fact that the inaccuracy could and probably is a bit less than one second anyway.

Keep training.
David_93

Post by David_93 »

Theo Walcott ran on 4.72, not 4.86. http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... int-record But still you beat him, if your measurement is correct which probably is not.
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 »

klc123 wrote:
Lol.

1 yard = 1 metre.

And Rexage, the timing was probably inaccurate, given that still, the very most id say its out by is one second, as previously stated which would still be a very quick time, and theres the fact that the inaccuracy could and probably is a bit less than one second anyway.

Keep training.
Lol.

No its not.

1 yard = 0.9144 meters

Which is different, if not why would the two different measures exist? Decoration? Looks better? nope..

And it cant ever be off by 1 whole second.. Maybe a few milliseconds at the most.. But do you know what a second is? From 4.6 to 5.6 you make a american football team or you dont..

If Usain Bolt would have been off by a second meaning from 9.58 to 10.58 he would probably be running for a University team, never pro. Less than 10.00 second runners there might be 200 in the world.. From 10.00 - 11.00 Seconds there are millions.. A second is a lot

Even more, in college american football, if you wanna be a running back you have to run probably under 4.4 seconds if you run 4.5 secs, youll probably not be a running back..
Last edited by panchester07 on 27 Dec 2009, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
ReXage

Post by ReXage »

klc123 wrote:
Lol.

1 yard = 1 metre.

Keep training.
Well my coach timed it last season and I was the fastest on my team. This didn't really suprise me though I've been running track since elementary
Last edited by ReXage on 27 Dec 2009, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
ReXage

Post by ReXage »

powell wrote:This is nothing. I run 100 metres in 9.21
Lol sure. so you're the fastest in the world because fastest right now is 9.58 from Usain Bolt

and 40 yards = 36.57600 meters
klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 »

Wow i thought they were the same, ive always been timing my 40 metres run and comparing that with peoples 40 yards on here lol.

No offense but just because your coach timed it doesn't mean that its accurate, the average persons reaction time is .4 seconds, so if hes .4 second off starting and .4 a second off finishing thats .8 of a second off the real time which is a hell of a lot in sprinting.

Ive never had a proper measurement of my speed taken (with laser gate timers), all i know is im always faster than whoever and whatever team we play, and thats all that really matters to be honest, i train to be faster than the team, i don't care if thats 100 seconds or 0.001 seconds, as long as im faster than the opposition nothing else matters.
Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 »

My 40 yard dash was done with a laser and hi speed camera and infrared at a athletic training facility, so I have no doubt my time was accurate. As was the 20m dash i ran, it was also done with the same devices to time my 40 yard dash.

Also Panchester 40 times don't really apply to running backs, power backs run their 40's in the ranges of 4.4 - 4.6's speed backs, receivers, safeties, and corners usually run below 4.4 and nowhere slower than the 4.6's.
klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 »

In football everyone has to be fast now, i think its one of the reasons its the number one sport in the world, in games like American Football and rugby, only certain players in positions have to be very quick, where as football everyone is lightening fast which really makes it more competitive.

Zlatan, what times did you get then lol?

I might try to get myself timed, ive never done it before, might be fun. Only ever run real events though, and thats normally done by hand stopwatch.
fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

Post by fr33k1ck »

Wow alot of wide recievers and running backs in the nfl run 4.4 and 4.5. I wouldn't expect nfl players to be faster than epl players.
Chelsea>Your team
Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 »

klc123 wrote:In football everyone has to be fast now, i think its one of the reasons its the number one sport in the world, in games like American Football and rugby, only certain players in positions have to be very quick, where as football everyone is lightening fast which really makes it more competitive.

I might try to get myself timed, ive never done it before, might be fun. Only ever run real events though, and thats normally done by hand stopwatch.
I said a few posts up. I did a 20m dash at 2.71, then i did a 40 yard dash at 4.58, which I think is pretty decent, for the shape i was in then. My top speed by no means is my strong point, it's my acceleration off the line which is a major threat.
INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 »

klc123 wrote:In football everyone has to be fast now, i think its one of the reasons its the number one sport in the world, in games like American Football and rugby, only certain players in positions have to be very quick, where as football everyone is lightening fast which really makes it more competitive.

American football players are a hell of a lot faster than soccer/football players dude. They are freaks. There are 250 pound people in the NFL running faster than Drogba I can almost guaratee.
Made by 2Brown.