THE RED THREAD

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Post by KoNJa04 »

Zlatan5 wrote:Babel's goal was amazing. I hope Lyon get ass raped in the group stages, just shows that without a fully operational Torres and Gerrard, Liverpool become mediocre and can be beaten by teams like Lyon, not taking anything away from them, but I never really thought Lyon was a really quality team. Liverpool shoulda tried to pick up van der vaart during the transfer window, he was going for like 8m which is a steal considering he is pure class and is rotting at that whore house Madrid.
we need 2 wins and we need lyon to win twice, only way through is goal difference...

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07
powell
English Meister

Post by powell »

KoNJa04 wrote:we need 2 wins and we need lyon to win twice, only way through is goal difference...
Actually all we need to to win our last two games, hope lyon beat florentina and then beat florentina by 3-0 (bacially we need to beat florentina head to head meaning we need a better score than 2-0)
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 »

Liverpool is out of the champions league, 7th in the premier league, not to mention broke, and without being in Champs League are gonna loose millions, havent won a trophy since 2006 ..and stuck with benitez for a while...

Definetly not their year...
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev »

Liverpool is missing a fully fit Torres. They are struggling in every department and I am not so sure how much is left for them to spend for the January transfer.

Edit: I know it is old but I want to revive the thread.
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 »

also just lost to arsenal 1-2.. In my opinion, they didnt know how to replace Torres the right way when he was out, they had a slight Torres dependancy and the time when he was out they collapsed.. Once again thats my humble opinion

adiman6

Post by adiman6 »

yer i completally agree with panchester here. they are turning into a mid table team. and incase you didnt know there are possibilities that torres might be swooped up my Real Madrid. and also if torres leaves, Benitez has announced that he will leave liverpool
Shhh
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 »

adiman6 wrote:yer i completally agree with panchester here. they are turning into a mid table team. and incase you didnt know there are possibilities that torres might be swooped up my Real Madrid. and also if torres leaves, Benitez has announced that he will leave liverpool
Dude where do you get your news??? :lol: www.cartoonnetwork.com.. JK man..

But i have never heard that before.. I heard Torres said many times that he doesnt see himself playing anywhere else but liverpool and I also heard benitez just signed a contract a few month ago... So none of those two things you said I see plausible.. Again I could be wrong..

900th post :lol:

adiman6

Post by adiman6 »

hey congrats on ur 900th post panchester:). and soz bout the mistakes ive been makin g lately i hope we can still get along :lol: :oops:

it seems even torres has no belief in the all so mighty reds. again from my ever so reliable source.
(this is from a while back BTW)
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/liverpoo ... tle-267317
Shhh
powell
English Meister

Post by powell »

We should all give up on the title and actually look at the realistic picture. Last season we were very close. That was as far as he could take us and now things are turning into the houlier situation all over again.

We need to actually look at the realistic targets like securing 4th place and TRYING to win either the Europa league or FA cup, althought with us not seeded for the draw in the europa league we could get teams like valencia.

I cant wait for this season to be over, we need to change our owners, get out of debt, sell the deadwood and heavily invest in some good players which i dont think rafa can do as we've seen with half of his players hes brought in.
adiman6

Post by adiman6 »

yea the previous transfer season i was expecting some bigger signings, and all liverpool got were players like riera, lucas, johnson:( dissapointing. i agree with you aswell powell.
Shhh
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 »

I dont know why I have always seen two different Liverpools..

1) The strong liverpool, the liverpool that beat Man U 1-4 that made Chelsea bleed to eliminate them in the champions league last year in that 4-4 tie..The super-liverpool, that won the champions league and made it far all the other years eliminating strong teams, like Juve Lyon with ease....The one that beat us this year 2-0..

2) The sh*t liverpool that looses easy points, that looses often, and ties a lot, barely wins....

Is it overconfidence? Do they think they are gonna win just because of their names? Do they depend to much on Gerard-Torres?

adiman6

Post by adiman6 »

panchester07 wrote:I dont know why I have always seen two different Liverpools..

1) The strong liverpool, the liverpool that beat Man U 1-4 that made Chelsea bleed to eliminate them in the champions league last year in that 4-4 tie..The super-liverpool, that won the champions league and made it far all the other years eliminating strong teams, like Juve Lyon with ease....The one that beat us this year 2-0..

2) The sh*t liverpool that looses easy points, that looses often, and ties a lot, barely wins....

Is it overconfidence? Do they think they are gonna win just because of their names? Do they depend to much on Gerard-Torres?
The strong liverpool that manages to pull back 3-3 goals in 15 minutes in the champions league to go on and win the shootout (2005?).

and yea they deffientally relie to much on torres and steve' just think of them without thoe two - there best player would probs be mascherano IMO. and they don't have the investment skills with benitez to smartly fix the problem with money. benitez is a definette No No.
Shhh
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 »

Yeah he is living off that Champions League Final in 2005, thats all he acomplished or maybe a cup a few years ago in 2006..

He also does well in the Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Everton matches and even though its only 3 points, he wins points with the directives and owners and fans, but those 3 points that liverpool is inspired doesnt win any leagues, consistency does.

adiman6

Post by adiman6 »

mm^^ exactly. and regardong on ur coment on the maximum points earned against the stronger and rival opponments, it is true IMO. just look a month or so back when they beat Man u, then the next week they lost to uh burnley(??). i forget who it was!!!. and panchester im loving that avatar!!! :D
Shhh
powell
English Meister

Post by powell »

Voronin, Babel, Dossena, Kyriakos, Degan, Lucas, El zhar, Cavalieri, Itandje, RAFA, Hicks & Gillett ... All out.

This team is an embarrasment. Bacially our strongest team we could put out minus Aqualini got done over big time by bottom of the league pompey.

How can we rely on just Torres and Gerrard when at the moment even if they play we lose.