Dribbling Guide

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy »

ok it goes a bit deeper than that...

you never really see messi doing stepovers do you?
he just runs with crazy speed and great great control and simply watches opponents for weakness' in their stances and exploits them
(eg. lean one way or lunging in for a tackle)

If you can control the ball you can control the game man
ronaldoR7

Post by ronaldoR7 »

oh i see thats why he never really does tricks xcept movements like that.
do you reckon i can use this technique but i dont have explosive speed but im not slow either .
NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy »

well there are two attributes to it and explosive speed is one
so you will have to work on it

But in saying that you could use it if you are quick (in the head and legs) enough
but when watching the opponents stance, you can also improvise and do tricks to really burn them when they are about to commit or they are leaning one way
this could make up for explosive speed, but you should still work on it

also you only really see messi do tricks when he comes up to a defender who is perfectly stanced and would be to hard to beat with raw speed
ronaldoR7

Post by ronaldoR7 »

hey NBP does skipping with a skipping rope increase eye - co -ordination it think i saw you post it somewhere on this forum
NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy »

It would increase muscle twitch reaction more-so, but yeah it is a great all round excercise, especially for co-ordination
NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy »

Right dudes, its done....

BUTTTT... i ran out of room to do the tricks guide so thats gonna have to be a seperate post, i will post the link there later

Pictures to come, if they are requested, but I like it as it is....... now criticise all you want, and anything you want to add or remove, just say it
Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 »

This guide is great. It deserves a 6 star post rating, no lie. So much information in this guide that it makes me wonder why you took the time to make such a guide. You must love us :D Anyway, this is fantastic. I love the explanations and the using players like Messi, Hleb, C.Ronaldo, etc as examples.
NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy »

cheers mate... but i must say trumps to anyone who actually reads it........ ITS MASSIVE
FootballAddict5

Post by FootballAddict5 »

BEST guide on the forums in my opinion
Its so big you dont have room for the tricks lol
Well done New born
ronaldoR7

Post by ronaldoR7 »

NewBornProdigy wrote:It would increase muscle twitch reaction more-so, but yeah it is a great all round excercise, especially for co-ordination
thnx so could you give me a routine for skipping ?
Like how many should i do 100 skips ? oh and i know this might sound dumb but would skipping improve stamina and fast feet ?
Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry »

Skipping gets your heart rate up very quickly, it shouldnt take more than 3 minutes of skipping straight to raise your heart rate.

I partcuarly enjoyed reading your words about how everyone has a unique dribbling style. When I was younger I wanted to learn every trick and use all of them at once and be the "trickster", a bit like Ronaldo. Its only been in the last couple of years, do I realise that I have my own qualities, and certain moves that that I like to use most and to most effect, and theres more to dribbling than tricks. Thanks again for the guide.
Sig by me
FLYEMIRATES98
Sophomore Member

Post by FLYEMIRATES98 »

also if you are (1 on 1) with an opponent and you have the ball in close control you should not run straight,instead you should run at an little diagnole angle so your moves come out better,because if you watch alot of football games you can see that the plays with the ball dont tun straight alot...and also try to change direction,and speed..
NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy »

FLYEMIRATES98 wrote:also if you are (1 on 1) with an opponent and you have the ball in close control you should not run straight, instead you should run at an little diagnole angle so your moves come out better
Thats very true, approaching a defender from an angle makes them commit in that direction and also makes it harder for them to keep their balance
barcafan

my fav tricks

Post by barcafan »

my signature moves are, the instep push, the cow, and the foot feint.(i use the gambetta style of dribbling) is that pretty good. :D
ReXage

Post by ReXage »

This is great thanks. This should help me sharpen my dribbling skills