Melanin

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Rocky
Veteran Member

Melanin

Post by Rocky »

Melanin

I need help with this word

I have been doing some re-search and it says it is the color of your skin..
if you dont get enough proteins you will either have brown or white patches on your body parts called vitiligo and hyperpigmentation.. which wont match the rest of the skin on your body.. is this true.. can any wise person here confirm this? The white and brown patches are autoimmune problems?

it says it all depends on your biological parents.. how much protein they need so do you?

should i avoid juicy fruits?

What to do to regular your autoimmune system?

Thanks in advance :D
Francis8
Veteran Member

Re: Melanin

Post by Francis8 »

Rocky wrote:how much protein they need so do you?

should i avoid juicy fruits?

What to do to regular your autoimmune system?

Thanks in advance :D
since U already know what melanin is I'll leave that alone. But there is no reason to avoid juicy fruits because they contain vitamins that help your immune system and skin at the same time. Your protein consumption is mainly controlled by the meat u eat. If you eat a lot of meat (like for every meal) I wouldn't go much farther in terms of protein (since there is protein in pretty much everything you eat). the only reason you should take protein supplements is if you work out a lot for football or just lift for the sake of lifting. too much protein can have a negative effect on your kidneys and other small organs.

about your autoimmune system, you can't directly control that, just eat healthy and avoid fatty food.U shouldn't get the brown patches and skin discolorations unless there is a serious screw up in your diet. thats really all I can say.
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro »

Umm... these 'white and brown patches' are just moles. Nothing to worry about, that is unless you get moles from being in the sun a lot, which means that you may have skin cancer, so watch out for that.

Otherwise you will be fine... maybe you notice that no one else has white or brown patches all over them :wink:
Rocky
Veteran Member

Post by Rocky »

Thanks for the answers!

But do you know.. if I get any of those brown or white patches is there anyway to get rid of them by eating healthy.. I think you get them because of
your pigmentation that doesn't get melanin?? and to get allot of melanin you need to eat healthy and allot of proteins and vitamins..

I also don't think those white or brown patches are moles..

EDIT: I think brown patches is sun damage and is called hyperpigmentaion

Do you call these moles..

:P

Some random pictures I found on google

[/img]http://images.google.no/imgres?imgurl=h ... o%26sa%3DG[/img]

In these pictures the brown color is his regular skin color while the white patches is the problem.. he hasn't got enough melanin..???
Francis8
Veteran Member

Post by Francis8 »

Rocky wrote:
I also don't think those white or brown patches are moles..

he hasn't got enough melanin..???
not unless ur an idiot that goes by the name of IWGP

and for ur second point, yea that would be a lack of vitamins. have u heard of liver spots? those are caused by light and over-exposure, not really by the lack of vitamins. :wink:
Rocky
Veteran Member

Post by Rocky »

Yes liverspots.. I think its almost the same as hyperpigmentation

Or not?

But anyway..

Do you think you can get your regular skin back to normal by eating healthy for a while and then exposing yourself to the sun.. because then you will have
enough melanin so you're body will get brown faster.. this isn't like being an albino.. because albinos get born without melanin.. this is called vitiligo I think .. and Michael Jackson has had the same problem.. in those days they didn't know any cure for it.. but now scientists are saying that its your
melanin..

The opposite way of albino is melanism btw

There are many scientists that say that those white patches may get caused because of stress.. cells in your body attack pigmentations or something :S
Last edited by Rocky on 18 Feb 2008, 02:03, edited 1 time in total.
2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 »

Some peoples melanocytes can get all messed up and start producing more or start producing less melanin, which could cause those spots.
Francis8
Veteran Member

Post by Francis8 »

yea, just one question for Rocky. Why are you so obsessed with spots? :lol:
I know you all wish you could have olive skin like me 8) (you know, that thing people spend thousands of dollars on, trying to get the olive skin I was born with..again, 8) ), but exposing urself to the sun and eating different isn't gonna get you there!
Last edited by Francis8 on 18 Feb 2008, 02:28, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky
Veteran Member

Post by Rocky »

haha francis

nah man.. to be honest, olive skin is something i just get, im not obsessed with it.. and you get olive skin by eating healthy (recent scientists shows) olive skin is for fags like c.ronaldo :D .. never mind about that, my point is, i know this guy who has problems with these white patches and i'm considering taking medical school, so i'm just doing some re-search since
many people really don't know the cause of these white patches (vitiligo)
but like i said, recent science shows that its because of not enough protein
in your melanin.. everyone has the amount of maximum brown they can
get, its true.. it depends on your biological parents and their ancestors..
So, an east european, like me.. should eat allot of proteins because we are supposed to be browner and its easier for us to get those white patches.. and its also easier for us to get olive skin

Anyway.. I just need to know what people think..

Any tips?
Francis8
Veteran Member

Post by Francis8 »

Rocky wrote:haha francis

nah man.. to be honest, olive skin is something i just get, im not obsessed with it.. and you get olive skin by eating healthy (recent scientists shows) olive skin is for fags like c.ronaldo :D .. never mind about that, my point is, i know this guy who has problems with these white patches and i'm considering taking medical school, so i'm just doing some re-search since
many people really don't know the cause of these white patches (vitiligo)
but like i said, recent science shows that its because of not enough protein
in your melanin.. everyone has the amount of maximum brown they can
get, its true.. it depends on your biological parents and their ancestors..
So, an east european, like me.. should eat allot of proteins because we are supposed to be browner and its easier for us to get those white patches.. and its also easier for us to get olive skin

Anyway.. I just need to know what people think..

Any tips?
whoa whoa, olive skin is the color of CHAMPIONS. you diss it cause you miss it. don't be jealous.

anyways, about the tips, eat foods that have bright colors like oranges and pears, veggies etc. they all an effect on your skin. It all comes down to a natural diet, no more of the fake stuff. and olives also help make you skin look healthier, and DO NOT forget green tea, and I don;t mean the pre-made bottled junk, I mean the hot kind that u brew urself, now THAT does wonders for u in so many areas.

and btw, can u delete that URL so the page isn't stretched out? or is it just my screen?