Curbing idiotic posts from"newbies"?

Post your suggestions, feedback and anything related to the web site
Francis8
Veteran Member

and also, we could do a 3 strike thing where u get suspended for a week for breaking 3 rules.....eh?
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Double post, strike 1! :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Francis8
Veteran Member

yea......(worthless post..strike 2?)

panchester07
Veteran Member

I don mean to disagree or noting but alexio I say you chill out..
Are you incapable of doing things yourself?

Wow, here's a site that let's you find stuff & search things, best thing since sliced bread. www.google.com

On another note, don't be a pain in the ass, be logical and search the INTERNET instead.

http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/miadida ... dascom=com MI ADIDAS WEBSITE, HAVE FUN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQBFaVfBi9w YOU TUBE VIDEO OF IT, HAVE FUN. DON'T IRRITATE ME AGAIN.

its a little harsh man no one reacts well to critisism not even the dumbest or the smartest persons so if you guide them instead of bitching at them it will be better... :)

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

i REALLY do think someone should make an article that pops up when a new user logs in for the first time, explaining the forum basics. i dont think getting mean is the answer we should just clearly state the ways things are. one of the newbies just asked "how do i improve my speed and agility" honestly...
Sig by me

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

I have to say that it is annoying when people make unnecessary topics about things that already have been discussed in another thread but I hate it even more when people reply to those topics by ridiculing the person. I think its important to tell the person that there has already been a thread made about that topic. I just don't like when there are replies like "THERE ARE ALREADY MANY TOPICS ABOUT THIS!!!! SEARCH THE FORUM!". Some people just don't know the rules so i think its important to tell the person to look at the forum rules before they post.

Icy
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:I think its important to tell the person that there has already been a thread made about that topic. I just don't like when there are replies like "THERE ARE ALREADY MANY TOPICS ABOUT THIS!!!! SEARCH THE FORUM!".
Thats what happens when there are a bunch of "mod wannabe's" running around. They feel the need to repeat something that was just said and usually try to do it in a "polite" manner but it makes them still look stupid. There is no reason to have more than 1 person post in a thread about it being in an incorrect place\already been answered\etc. So for the people that strive to look like heros on this forum (you know who you are) atleast do so in a less obvious manner and not repeat the exact same answers in threads.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

shahensha
Veteran Member

hows about we change the font size of the "search" button to a bigger one and make it luminous or something so newbies can be like "ooooh shiny" and would be compelled to click on it instead of "post thread" or "post reply"

hell even I would go "oooh shiny" and click on it every time I log in.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:hows about we change the font size of the "search" button to a bigger one and make it luminous or something so newbies can be like "ooooh shiny" and would be compelled to click on it instead of "post thread" or "post reply"

then we might as well change it to an image of....... :P

shahensha
Veteran Member

Wanderer wrote:
shahensha wrote:hows about we change the font size of the "search" button to a bigger one and make it luminous or something so newbies can be like "ooooh shiny" and would be compelled to click on it instead of "post thread" or "post reply"

boobies?!

Francis8
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

boobies?!
haha u got a 1 star rating :lol:

I bet that was cause some of the younger users haven't yet "experienced boobies" and were offended...i think :?

but u gotta think about the 3 strike rule, but the mods have the power to suspend accounts, so not all the work is gonna be on expert

KPatel

Gentlemen, have a look at the title of the thread and reconsider what you've been posting in it.

John_Bob
Veteran Member

If you think a topic is stupid just don't post in it. A stupid topic isn't really hurting anyone and if someone wants to answer the question even if it is stupid then let them do that.

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:I have to say that it is annoying when people make unnecessary topics about things that already have been discussed in another thread but I hate it even more when people reply to those topics by ridiculing the person. I think its important to tell the person that there has already been a thread made about that topic. I just don't like when there are replies like "THERE ARE ALREADY MANY TOPICS ABOUT THIS!!!! SEARCH THE FORUM!". Some people just don't know the rules so i think its important to tell the person to look at the forum rules before they post.
I criticise them, yes. But if you actually look at the posts I'm making I've provided the necessary information for their question. So don't try to subtly mock me about it.

And to Icy, are you referring to me?

My posts have been crude towards "newbies" in the forums, yes, perhaps I just need my coffee/caffeine, but if you actually notice I've provided them with the information every time (if not a little on the GRRR ME HULK! ME SMASH! side of things) . And I've also apologised to them. End of story. ;)

EDIT: John Bob, if you don't "deal" with posters with dumb questions, they usually end up double/triple posting going "hey any1 out there LOLZ i posted REPLY lolz"...over and over. :P

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Alexio1092 wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:I have to say that it is annoying when people make unnecessary topics about things that already have been discussed in another thread but I hate it even more when people reply to those topics by ridiculing the person. I think its important to tell the person that there has already been a thread made about that topic. I just don't like when there are replies like "THERE ARE ALREADY MANY TOPICS ABOUT THIS!!!! SEARCH THE FORUM!". Some people just don't know the rules so i think its important to tell the person to look at the forum rules before they post.
I criticise them, yes. But if you actually look at the posts I'm making I've provided the necessary information for their question. So don't try to subtly mock me about it.

And to Icy, are you referring to me?

My posts have been crude towards "newbies" in the forums, yes, perhaps I just need my coffee/caffeine, but if you actually notice I've provided them with the information every time (if not a little on the GRRR ME HULK! ME SMASH! side of things) . And I've also apologised to them. End of story. ;)

EDIT: John Bob, if you don't "deal" with posters with dumb questions, they usually end up double/triple posting going "hey any1 out there LOLZ i posted REPLY lolz"...over and over. :P
hahaha, surely noone is that stupid? :P
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.