Why becoming pro soccer player?

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
D347H574R

I'm 13, turning 14 in about a month I'm the second best U15's Sweeper in Australia atm and am V.C of my state side (NSW Jets). I train six days a week, every day except for Monday. Derby Country run a training Academy down here every Wednesday night and they invite about 15 ppl from our city to train there with them. One of my friends has been offered a contract at Bolton, when he turns 17 they will fly him over and if they still interested he can sign for them. When I get home from school each day I go for a 10 km (about 8 miles i think) run and then go for a swim, followed by my training.

I'm currently on holiday visiting relatives in Canada and when we flew here on 27th June I at next to 'Brent Sancho' on the plane, he was flying to Miami to play in the Confederations Cup for his homeland, 'Trinidad and Tobago'. He currently plays for Dundee in the Scottish league but from what he has told me he is looking to go to Man City next season and he told me that most of the 'Average' players in the leagues make around '80,000 Pound a week'.

:wink:

Ronaldinho10

£80 , 000 a week - Brent Sancho was obviously not talking about the Scottish leagues because average Scottish league player will make about £1 - 3 thousand per week with best players on about 12 thousand - Rangers and Celtic pay more they pay their players way more (20 - 40 thousand max)- by the way Brent Sancho is one of Dundee's best players but unfortunately they got relegated but that is pretty coll that you were talking to him.
10km run a day that is a lot - you must be extremely fit. :D
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

J
Admin

the topic is "why becoming a pro soccer player?". I think we are a little off track here.

D347H574R

Sorry about the off-track posting but I left out (I was in a rush) that he was actually talking about in the Enlgish Premier League etc.

He also confirmed for me something that many of us have pondered for ages and that is that football is all about the money now and that was all the players cared about, he's not interested in the team he plays for, just the pay check.

And just for the interested ones, he plans to retire in 7 years at the age of 35 when he will have more then enough money to see him through the rest of his life.

Don't hold me to this but I believe his matches in Miami start on the 3rd July. :?

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

wat about your freind who might go to man city when hes 17?
can he be a pro and still work at school simultaneously?

D347H574R

he is going to drop out of school if he makes it in, but yes he could, many high-schools around our area offer plans to send work with students that are forced to travel in their final years of high school or organise for them to be schooled over there.

Magicfeet

Ah, jcdenton! A clever and intuitive appraisel by you, I'm very impressed.

I didn't say it's "easy" to et spotted in Serbia. Just easier than in countires with a higher quality of football. Does that make sense to you yet? Or is Serbia the greatest footballing nation on the planet?

And I just play University football at the moment, having just finished a season with the Freshers team. Took a pretty difficult decision recently... whether to move into the 2nd team (or 3rds if the 2nds improved a lot) or to be player-manager of the Freshman team next year.

I chose the latter, because I'm never going to make it as a professional player (simply destroyed my body through alcohol, nicotine and other narcotics when I was younger... as well as probably not having the tenacity or mentality to "make it"), but am very interested in becoming a coach... and this is an excellent oppurtunity to see what it is like.

I don't play at a particulary high level of football (though I'm playing with somebody who turned down a contract with Sheffield Wednesday last year)... I've only ever had trials with Peterborough United (when I was 13). But I've never made any pretence that I am bordering on becoming pro.

As for cricket... I don't play it myself. It's a tad boring, and only good to watch when hungover.

I'm not even going to bother ripping your other comments to shreds jcdenton, I've done it before and it's just too easy. You're an idiot who doesn't know what anybody is talking about. You manage to bring every single topic onto the qualities of Serbian life (or onto your own fantastic abilities in the world of football). Serb children are smart, the Serb lifestyle great.... WE ARE TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL ON THIS WEBSITE, NOT YOUR OWN NATIONAL PRIDE!!!!

To see where my team came (Leicester 5ths)... http://www.busa.org.uk/fl/cv.asp?DivisionID=1825

jcdenton
Veteran Member

yeah, serbia is greatest football nation on the planet, we haven't conceded a single goal in WC quals... :D joke :D
but about myself i'm going to shut up until i come back from moscow...
if i take my mother's last name i'd have same first and last name like serbian international CB currently playing in spartak moscow.... :lol:
nemanja vidic, guy who put vieri in his pocket when italy came in belgrade 2 years ago, inter was interested in him, but spartak offered more money..

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

im gonna become pro, but if i dont im still gonna play. ill atleast make semi-pro i know that for sure

frizzyan
Veteran Member

You can become pro but football doesn't have to be your main career because you might not get paid well enough.

It could be your hobby but you get paid for your hobby!

However, there's always room for improvement and perhaps one day you don't even need another stable job cause you might be good enough for Europe.

michael
Sophomore Member

If your good enough, train hard enough, and want it bad enough, you will make it sooner or later.

frizzyan
Veteran Member

If your good enough, train hard enough, and want it bad enough, you will make it sooner or later.
Well said. I mean sure not everybody who does all that will make it to pro, but that's cause they lack the utmost determination needed. They also lack a logical plan on achieving the dream of becoming pro.

upandcoming

i hope i become a pro because it is my dream and love i just really need to work on my confidence and playing better in game situations... which is the thing that really counts because i am not very good when it comes to games but amazing in training... kinda sucks but i hope if i keep working i can pull it out of me even during intense times

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

frizzyan!!! Ur signature...

If God gave you two choices:

1. All the beautiful women in the world and all forms of commodities

2. Playing football for Manchester United as a regular starter

Which would you pick?

For me? Choice 1 will leave us becoming Image

Choice 2, I can't deny.

With Glazer in Choice 2, I take 1!

HJK

fir_nev wrote:frizzyan!!! Ur signature...

If God gave you two choices:

1. All the beautiful women in the world and all forms of commodities

2. Playing football for Manchester United as a regular starter

Which would you pick?

For me? Choice 1 will leave us becoming Image

Choice 2, I can't deny.

With Glazer in Choice 2, I take 1!
choice two almost guaranttee;s choice 1 lol