Bending the ball using the outside of the foot?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Vision

Okay i have this problem, when i try to bend the ball using the outside it goes straight, or it goes straight with a lil' spin on it but i can't seem to bend it... :(

If anyone have some tips on where to hit the ball an what technique to use
that would be great! :wink:

Ivan
Veteran Member

First you need to jus barely kick the ball and make it spin and then wen u get the hang of that then useing that teqnique kick it harder!!

p.s how old r u that u dont no how curve a ball??

Vision

i know how to curve the ball but it just doesn't work sometimes..and by the way ur description wasn't that good

Magicfeet

I find curling the ball with the outside of my foot a lot easier than doing it with the inside... strange, no?

There are a few different ways I bend the ball with the outside of my foot, depending on whether it is stationary, rolling, or in the air.

Stationary) Drive the ball as you would to shoot, but cut across the ball more than normal. For a right footed player, that means moving your foot more to the left than normal as you strike.

Moving) Here I hit the ball with the outside side of my foot... almost down to the heel. You can get a tremendous amount of curl here simply by doing that simple action... but I may only be able to do it due to a combination of practice, bendy legs, and screwed ligaments! :lol:

In the Air) As with stationary, shoot fairly normally, but hitting the ball on the left side (for a right footed player) and cutting across.

I'm sorry if these explanations aren't very good... would be a lot easier to show you in practice. Hope it helps anyway!

Vision

wow that was good magicfeet thanks!

but i don't understand how you can curl the ball almost down to the heel?
do you get any power at all :?:

upandcoming

Magicfeet wrote:I find curling the ball with the outside of my foot a lot easier than doing it with the inside... strange, no?

There are a few different ways I bend the ball with the outside of my foot, depending on whether it is stationary, rolling, or in the air.

Stationary) Drive the ball as you would to shoot, but cut across the ball more than normal. For a right footed player, that means moving your foot more to the left than normal as you strike.

Moving) Here I hit the ball with the outside side of my foot... almost down to the heel. You can get a tremendous amount of curl here simply by doing that simple action... but I may only be able to do it due to a combination of practice, bendy legs, and screwed ligaments! :lol:

In the Air) As with stationary, shoot fairly normally, but hitting the ball on the left side (for a right footed player) and cutting across.

I'm sorry if these explanations aren't very good... would be a lot easier to show you in practice. Hope it helps anyway!

I find it easier too Magicfeet I think it's also because i am slightly pigeon toed so I get the natuaral snap when i am bending it with the outside

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Magicfeet wrote:I find curling the ball with the outside of my foot a lot easier than doing it with the inside... strange, no?
it is easier to curl the ball with inside foot, but outside gives power and if you can curl the ball with outside foot then it gives perfect shot...

Magicfeet

I would disagree with it being easier to curve the ball with the inside of your foot. Though most people are much better at the latter, it is due to being the easier to learn (to perform effectively anyway), and more widely seen.

With the outside of your foot, the natural motion of striking the ball puts more curl on it (in my humble opinion anyway).

As for getting power when striking the ball with the extreme outside of the foot (near the heel)... it's very hard. It bends the ball like crazy, but to get any real force behind it (needed to beat a half decent keeper) you really need the ball to be rolling towards you.

Ahmadinho
Sophomore Member

Hi
i too have a problem with curving the ball with the outside of my foot. when i want to bend the ball it has more of a "diagonal spin" with more of a topspin than a side-spin. that makes the ball dip. this is fine with me but the ball barley curls. what can i do to make the ball curve more with the outside of my foot.
If your 5 minutes early to practice your
on time, if your on time your late.

mak9

The way to do this is to hit the ball hard in the middle with your middle three toes (not hitting it with your big toe or small one). This is how roberto carlos does it.

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

How I do it (I'm right footed) is I hit the ball w/my big toe as low &
left as i can get it man it curls so fast the keepers can't get it
hahahahahahahahaha dumbasses :lol:
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

mak9

Mr.SoccerMojo wrote:How I do it (I'm right footed) is I hit the ball w/my big toe as low &
left as i can get it man it curls so fast the keepers can't get it
hahahahahahahahaha dumbasses :lol:
Yes this also works nicely too, but I kick it to the left in a circular motion.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

mak9 wrote:The way to do this is to hit the ball hard in the middle with your middle three toes (not hitting it with your big toe or small one). This is how roberto carlos does it.
That is how I do it, except I use my last three toes. This is much a much more accurate way of shooting it, and it also gives you more power, so you can go out and perform that Thierry Henry goal vs. Sparta Prague any time.
God damn brewery!!!

tonymahony

jdefoe made a guide on this i thought.
READ IT you dont have to but you should haha :)
Tigers of Asia, Corea