Hip problems

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
Hugh
Veteran Member

Hip problems

Post by Hugh »

Hey everyone, I seem to have developed some kind of pain in my hip when I'm running or putting pressure on my left leg; when it occurs the ache on the farmost left end of my hip and it disappears almost immediately, but is still very very vexing.

I'm worried this might be an impact related injury since I've been running a lot and practicing a lot of free kicks lately, and my left leg is my supporting leg so I put more pressure on it.

If I don't get a solution I guess I'll just wait till I get two more problems and ask the doctor, but if anyone's experienced this before it'd be nice to know what to do about it.

Thanks everyone.
Clumsylegs
Veteran Member

Post by Clumsylegs »

I wonder if you are running on asphalt?
Zuhair

Post by Zuhair »

I did experience somehting like this but that was when i fell on my left hip playing street football. Maybe it is just impact related, but it might also have happened in gym if you have increased the weights suddenly. try taking some painkillers, better yet just pay a visit to your doctor because you dont want to aggravate this injury
bleedblue115

Post by bleedblue115 »

I had a problem very similar to yours. It was my right hip, which is my supporting leg. I take a lot of corner kicks. My pain was when I would run or take corners. I was told I had tendonitis and had to take a week off. So, I suggest taking it easy for a week and then see how you feel.
Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh »

Excellent, that sounds like exactly what's wrong with me, but did your pain come back?
bleedblue115

Post by bleedblue115 »

no, It has been over a year and I still haven't had the pain again. You probably just have an over use injury. Take a few days off, and a few less free kicks.
dareliss
Veteran Member

Post by dareliss »

i had same problem along time a go, it your muscle on him that hurts acctualy, no worries 8)
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

Sig by me... :)
nicolausoccer123
Sophomore Member

Re: Hip problems

Post by nicolausoccer123 »

omg dude i had the same problem!!!! i ran alot and i develpoed this injury, it will go away soon bro try to lift ur leg up and move it to he side and turn ur hip alot too! if doesnt work then go see a doctor.