-hard to determine on the internet

Best newbie

Sputnik

Member of the Year (The Golden Boot)

jdefoe
Immediately start dealing with it.

J
Admin

I think you have to nominate at least 3 people for each catagory you nominate people in.

romania_soccer

But wait, do we nominate people now or do we actually vote for them. If we nominate them, when will we actually vote?

J
Admin

The top 5 people with the most points for each catagory will be put into a sub-forum for the public to vote the winners. The "dreamteam" is just nomiating the people to vote on.

romania_soccer

Most Useful Poster of the Year

B Heck (5 pts)
jdefoe (4 pts)
J (3 pts)

Worst Poster of the Year

RG900 (5 pts)
jcdenton (4 pts)
RAYES (3 pts)

Freestyler of the Year

Owen4Ever (5 pts)
SuperSyed (4 pts)
*yung-ital* (3 pts)

Best Veteran 600+ posts

jdefoe (5 pts)
CFRealMadrid (4 pts)
J (3 pts)

Best newbie

Sputnik (5 pts)
AusSkills (4pts)
I really have no idea for the other(s)

Member of the Year (The Golden Boot)

jdefoe (5 pts)
B Heck (4 pts)
*yung-ital* (3 pts)

expert
Site Admin

J wrote:The top 5 people with the most points for each catagory will be put into a sub-forum for the public to vote the winners. The "dreamteam" is just nomiating the people to vote on.
I would have done it the other way around. Remember soccer dude900? People can sign up for multiple accounts and tamper with the poll results.

J
Admin

I was just telling him what they already set up, i didnt really have that much of a part in it.

RG900
Veteran Member

Most useful poster of the year

Sputnik(5)
fir_nev (4)
J (3)
cfrealmadrid (2)
Mike (1)

Worst Poster of the year

Jcdenton (5)
Rayes (4)
Soccermojo (3)
Wiseman philosopher (2)
Jdefoe (1)

Freestyler of the year

Supersyed (3)
Owen4eva (2)
yungital (1)

Best veteran

J (5)
Yung ital (4)
Magicfeet (3)
Matt (2)
Fir_nev (1)

Best Newbie

Sputnik (3 pts)
rtatherton (2 pts)
Millerthescouser (1 pts)

Members of the year (Golden boot)

Jdefoe (5pts)
Yungital (4)
Meastro (3pts)
J (2pts)
Magicfeet (1pt)
RAMI 07

matt
EF Forum Legend

Sorry for not posting for so long, I have been very busy recently, recovering from New Year's party among other things......

Thank you to all who have nominated me!

Before I begin may I just say in my defence, Wiseman, that YOU were the one wanting to have a debating competition, yet YOU did nothing at all to contribute. If you looked at the topic, the competition is still up, no one has replied and there is nothing I can do. So don't go complaining about me.

Now then.... in the order they appear in...

Most Useful Poster

cfrealmadrid
sputnik
J
jdefoe
B Heck

Worst Poster

RG900
RAYES
jcdenton
Ivan
R9KevinR9

Freestyler of the Year

Owen4ever
Supersyed
*yung ital*

Best 'veteran'

J
cfrealmadrid
jdefoe
fir_nev
*yung ital*

Best 'Newbie'

Sputnik
jonthemon
ratherton

Member of the Year 'Golden Boot'

jdefoe
cfrealmadrid
magicfeet
J
*yung ital*
Last edited by matt on 08 Jan 2006, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Wiseman_philosopher

matt wrote:Sorry for not posting for so long, I have been very busy recently, recovering from New Year's party among other things......

Thank you to all who have nominated me!

Before I begin may I just say in my defence, Wiseman, that YOU were the one wanting to have a debating competition, yet YOU did nothing at all to contribute. If you looked at the topic, the competition is still up, no one has replied and there is nothing I can do. So don't go complaining about me.

Now then.... in the order they appear in...

Most Useful Poster

cfrealmadrid
sputnik
J
jdefoe
B Heck

Worst Poster

RG900
RAYES
jcdenton
Ivan
Wiseman_philosopher

Freestyler of the Year

Owen4ever
Supersyed
*yung ital*

Best 'veteran'

J
cfrealmadrid
jdefoe
fir_nev
*yung ital*

Best 'Newbie'

Sputnik
jonthemon
ratherton

Member of the Year 'Golden Boot'

jdefoe
cfrealmadrid
magicfeet
J
*yung ital*
Nt reely, I just suggested it, and whilst it was still being mulled over by members, dooglas suddenly created the tournament, probably with u, and by then it was out of my hands. Then loads of debates finished, and you haven't organised it. So don't blame me.
Also, strange that throughout the last year I have been appreciating you backing up nearly all my posts, saying "oh thats a gd idea" "well sed wiseman" frequently, and now u jump on the stupid bandwagon of weak members, and nominate me for worst poster. Seems odd :?
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

J
Admin

ill be honest, i dont really understand why anyone has nominted wiseman as a bad poster, it really doesnt makes sense to me.

Anybody want to actually give some examples of bad post of his, or is it just trying to get back at him for some odd reason??

Wiseman_philosopher

J wrote:ill be honest, i dont really understand why anyone has nominted wiseman as a bad poster, it really doesnt makes sense to me.

Anybody want to actually give some examples of bad post of his, or is it just trying to get back at him for some odd reason??
I appreciate that J. Cheers mate.

I think its because of this-

I say what I think and I tell it to peoples face. I am honest, yet reasonable, and stick up for myself on this site, and this sometimes leads to controversy. For some stupid reason, as soon as you show any sign of arguing, or the faintest undercurrent of controversy, people do not like 'the dark side' and will place you in their bad books.
I say this on behalf of myself and others such as jcdenton.
The reason why people have nominated us is either because they have followed suite, or because of a massive misunderstanding.
"Worst poster" means stupid, mono-syllabic and meaningless posts, that rarely bare any use to any people. People who do this most frequently are the worst posters.
Now if you actually read any of my posts, you'll find that I am completely against this, and always do my best to help.
Sputnik is guilty of this. He told me "some of your posts are a bit controversial". So bloody what?? That doesn't make me a bad poster! That means I am more interesting and more noticable!

Just beause someone speaks their mind, and is controversial in your eyes, DO NOT NOMINATE THEM FOR THIS CATEGORY.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

expert
Site Admin

Wiseman_philosopher wrote:I say what I think and I tell it to peoples face. I am honest, yet reasonable, and stick up for myself on this site, and this sometimes leads to controversy.
The forum is supposed to be a place of learning. You shouldn't have to 'stand up for yourself' publicly at least. It doesn't achieve anything useful.
Wiseman_philosopher wrote:The reason why people have nominated us is either because they have followed suite, or because of a massive misunderstanding.
"Worst poster" means stupid, mono-syllabic and meaningless posts, that rarely bare any use to any people. People who do this most frequently are the worst posters.
I agree with this - the definitions of the categories are a little confusing. Like for example, what's the difference between Member of the Year and Most Useful Poster?

Sputnik

I have told wiseman my reasons and that i have nothing against him, however to explain, here is my thinking (ps for the record, ideally people should be able to vote for whoever they want with their own agenda)

Here is my agenda. Gut instinct. I dont traul through the forums to find worst poster, i remember who specifically stuck in my mind. Wiseman has made some very good contributions, but i feel as well as having some good ideas, there is this to consider: There are Two kinds of bad poster, the type who makes meaningless posts (ie my vote for RAYES) and people who make trouble (ie my vote for jcdenton). As jcdenton was higher in my vote than RAYES, this shows that i think meaningless posts, are not as bad as arguementative posts.
although wiseman has made some good posts he has bin highly involved in/ created arguements on this site, and that has stuck in my mind. overall i deemed that worthy of third place

i hope you all understand better
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

Wiseman_philosopher

Sputnik wrote: although wiseman has made some good posts he has bin highly involved in/ created arguements on this site, and that has stuck in my mind. overall i deemed that worthy of third place
Exactly!!! :roll:

You have mis-interpreted!!! That is not what the award is for! Otherwise, there would have been, "Most Provocative poster of the Year" or sumfin.

Others, please do not make this mistake.