The Expert Football Awards 2005

Monthly and yearly award polls, voted by forum members
Magicfeet

As nobody seems to be driving the Awards through to completion, I guess I'll take on some responsibility for once and do it myself.

My thinking is that for each category, members from the Dream Team should nominate up to 5 candidates for each award. Having done this, I shall create a temporary sub-forum, with a thread for each award, with each thread having a poll - This will be open to voting from all members of EF. Of course, nobody can vote for (or nominate) themselves.

I think this is possibly the fairest way to conduct everything, but if anybody disagrees, please just post here, and we'll discuss it.

My nominations for each category are...

Most Useful Poster of the Year

B. Heck
Matt
JDefoe
Fir_nev

Worst Poster of the Year

JCDenton
R9KevinR9

Freestyler of the Year

Owen4Ever
SuperSyed

Best veteran"- Posters over say, 600, who are still contributing to good effect.

Yung-Ital
Fir_nev
cfRealMadrid
Matt

Debater of the Year - winner of the debating competition

Did anybody win? I certainly never got to debate gain. :(

Best idea of the year - credit to the person behind the best scheme

No Vote For Now

Funniest member

No Vote For Now

Best newbie EF (Joined after July 1st)

No Vote For Now

Member of the Year (The Golden Boot)
B. Heck
Fir_Nev
Matt

Sorry I haven't included all my votes, but I haven't got the time to trawl through the forums remembering who said what, and how well they said it. Hopefully II'll get around to it later.

Sputnik

This seems a pretty good system, and good on you magicfeet for gettin this goin before newyear. Id be happy to comply with this format. An alternate format could be you HAVE to nominate 5 ppl for each catergory, and in order of preference. In pretty much the same format as the EFFC judging points could be allocated for each position.
Either system is good. Thoughts magicfeet? Dream Team?
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

both would probably work fine, but sputniks idea would probably make it more systematic, and thus easier. my thoughts anyway.
Hala Galacticos

Magicfeet

Ok, excellent suggestion. Every member will have to submit 5 nominations for each award, in order of who they think deserves the award most. I will (hopefully) finish my nominations tonight, so if others could do post their nominations as soon as possible, that would be great.

Deadline for nominations will be the 4th of January.

Wiseman_philosopher

Thanks magicfeet for gettin me idea goin. Looked lyk Ac_Milan reely cudnt b arsed. Similarly in the debating, matt cant b arsed 2 run it. Debates have ended and he aint dun nefin about it.
Cheers.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

Sputnik

(AT TIME OF POSTING) Just to let you know for the newbie catergory, 460 out of the total 776 registered users qualify as 'newbies'. This is something like 4/7 users is a newbie. Maybe the newbie qualification date should be brought forward to slightly compensate for this. Just for reference since september its 325, october is 268, november 195, december 113. Im glad this site has become so popular recently but it makes 'best newbie' harder to judge the farther back you go. I suggest it be moved forward to October, but other ideas welcome.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)

jdefoe
Forum groupie

i want to nominate frizzyan for the worst poster and expert for the best innovation to the site- the training section, since it answers a lot of questions about training routines and what it takes to go pro.

Sputnik

I think we've agreed you must post 5 members for each catergory, in order of preference, 1st being your first preference and going down from there. When everyone has voted each catergory will be done seperately; for the first preference the person gets 5 points, next gets 4, next 3, then 2, then 1. Overall when each catergories votes have been added up, the member with the most votes will be crowned winner of that catergory.
I think this is the format that will work best and be most systematic and fair. You MUST nominate 5 members per catergory, and nominate for each catergory fully otherwise your votes will become void. You MUST also name members in order of preference. By doing this it will be both quick and easy to vote, and count votes after.

I will shortly be posting my votes
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)

expert
Site Admin

Let's end the voting on January 9th, which would be the biennial anniversary of the site. The member of the year will get the monthly book. The other polls I think could be moved to the public section of the site. Anyway, it's up to you.

PS. I withdraw my nomination which jdefoe put forward. :)

Sputnik

Those a good idea expert

but does that mean you cant be nominated at all? i thought of suggesting that but thought it a bit rude if u wished to be included :oops: :)

I think my votes will come tomorrow when ive looked through the forums a bit (and hopefully when im not the first apart from old magicfeet to nominate :shock: ) Please, no one take any offence if you are nominated for an unwanted catergory, or are not nominated; and equally you guys dont be scared (like i am) to vote first!!! Lets get to it!
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)

expert
Site Admin

Nah. Don't nominate me at all. 'Best newbie' should also probably get the free gift.

Sputnik

Is anyone going to go first? Or should i start
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)

Wiseman_philosopher

Two points,

Firstly, five is too many, so from now on, only choose 3 people, (in order).

Secondly, you don't have to vote for every category.

P.S. Isn't 9 days a bit too short for a major thing like this?
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

Sputnik

i ddnt say vote in every catergory, i sed vote fully for every catergory.
Five nominations isnt too much in my opinion and gives more oppertunity for more people to win, making it more equal, however if you think three is better we can do this;

Whoever wants to do five can do five, and whoever wants to do three can do three as such;

(Person Doing Three Nominations) (Person Doing Five Nominations)
Nomination A (3 pts) Nomination A (5 pts)
Nomination B (2 pts) Nomination B (4 pts)
Nomination C (1 pts) Nomination C (3 pts)
Nomination D (2 pts)
Nomination E (1 pts)

When all votes are in, to equal out the points, all 'Three Nomination' votes are multiplied by 5, and all 'Five Nomination' votes are multiplied by 3. This therefore equals out the votes and allows more people to be nominated if need be.[/i]
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)

Sputnik

Sorry, it appears i cant edit in this thread, n the diagram ddnt turn out how i meant... nyway i hope you all get the idea, my votes will come later tonight
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)