Aggresiveness

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
Brasil4life
New User

I am 14 and i played Jv on my highschool team last year. I asked the coach of are team what i needed to improved for the following year he said i needed to improve my aggresiveness. I was wondering if someone could tell me how i could improve my aggresivness.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Want it more, push yourself more. Don't be afraid of going in for tackles, just go for it and want the ball.

There is nothing you can really do (like drills) to become more aggressive except become more aggressive by changing your mindset to want to win every ball and do everything in your power to win the ball.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

adnankhan
Veteran Member

i agree with wat rzadzinski said,,,,and do wat u feel like doing.,,dont be a sisi..be a man,...pay hard dont jug sprint....
and make sure u sweat more than any body else in the team 8) ,,

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Well, be honest with us, are you afraid of going into tackles and stuff?

TH14
Veteran Member

Just make sure you have the dirtiest jersey out of any of your teammates after the game and you know you played aggressive when you get home from a game and feel like you've been run over by a train.
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

TH14 wrote:Just make sure you have the dirtiest jersey out of any of your teammates after the game and you know you played aggressive when you get home from a game and feel like you've been run over by a train.
Haha... that sounds like me, although lately I have been really concentrating on playing the ball, but I still win tackles and interceptions of the ball!

Do what TH14 said.

Brasil4life
New User

but i think that affects me is tat i get nervous or like dont want to do mistakes. is there any ways to pump ur self up and stuff ?
Last edited by Brasil4life on 02 Jul 2007, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Brasil4life wrote:but i think that affects me is tat i get nervous or like dont want to do mistakes. is there any ways to pump ur self up and stuff ?
A lot of people listen to music before the game to get pumped. Is that the kind of thing you mean?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Ohhhh! I have the answer! :lol:

viewtopic.php?t=8145

Get some snacks and read that. :wink:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Well it always helps every players if they have an aggressive streak in them, im naturally an aggressive player anyway, i go in hard for tackles and like to play hard, but you gotta play whichever way suits you, you dont have to be aggressive to be good, but of course you may as well try to improve it anyway :)
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

You have to really want the ball. Always.

Never go in for half-tackles, you either need to commit yourself 100% or 0%.

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

its funny i was always competitive and aggressive but i used to have same problem as you did, i got nervous and didn't want to do to many fouls or just play recklessly, so i played like a different person on the field, and i never got the ball enough to show anyone what i could do, i relied on people passing to me, which didn't happen alot. I realised my mistake when i started high school, where i was playing against people older than me and saw that if i didn't give everything for every single ball i was never going to get better, if you watch professionals they never give up, they chase down players even when they have been beaten by them, and once i started playing like this, i have improved unbelievably, but i do too many fouls, and i got my first ever card this season, a yellow card for pushing some tiny guy :D

Darksp00n

Concentrate on your performance and never give up because your team is losing.

Example:
Yesterday we had a tournament against teams who were 2 or 3 leagues above us. Every team had 16 players and we only got 13 because of injuries and holidays. We got 7 matches à 20 minutes and one of our substitues was a keeper ( cant even pass the ball straight ). So we got owned by every team but at least we didnt lose higher than 0:3. But the attitude of my team really pissed me. "I'll eat a broom if we can score one goal today *haha*"

I gave everything, sadly you cant see it in the score BUT in your performance and thats important.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

That happens to me all the time, a lot of times, the team doesn't give a sh*t and has the same attitude as Darsp00n's. So yeah, just go at your hardest!

-Alexander Ovechkin

scene

well one question for all of you guys is that i try to be aggressive on headers and winning 50-50 balls but the defenders are usually alot bigger and stronger than me.