What kind of defense does your team play?

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing

What kind of defense does your team play?

Man on Man
12%
Zone
88%

Total votes: 17

born2skate

What kind of defense does your team play? Mine plays zone.
always perservere!!!!!!!

soccer11
Admin

well in high school i play man to man, but on my club i play zone so i picked zone cuz i like my club team better

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

soccer11 wrote:well in high school i play man to man, but on my club i play zone so i picked zone cuz i like my club team better
Ditto. I am more attached to my club, so I'll say zone.

opm
Sophomore Member

oMy outdoor team has a group of older slilled players so we run a 5-4-1 with a sweeper and play zone. but i was wonder what kinda of defense people used in indoor soccer zone or man up.
Life's a grave, dig it

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Well, my indoor football team used zonal defense, not sure if it was the best for indoor though. But my coach was trying to teach it to us so we could be ready for the outdoor season...
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

I think man-on-man, I'm not sure though, because I haven't really looked back at my defenders and watched who they were on. Also I have only been playing with them for 3 games, and we keep switching formations.

ts8000
New User

I prefer zone also. But one team I play on uses man-to-man for indoor. Sort of changing the subject...which you do guys/gals feel is more effective in indoor/outdoor?

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Our team plays zone. We pressure the opponents in our half of the field, and try not to let them come down the middle. We try to force them onto the flanks. Sometimes we watch out for certain players if they are dangerous.

coachhill
New User

Depending on the oppositions strength we may use a combination of both.
If they play at speed or more direct witha target forward, we would play low pressure zone with a man to man on the forward, if the opposition plays possession slow build up we would use a man to man system. If speed is on the outside zone defence. It really depends how strong, fast, direct, indirect the opposition plays.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

My club team plays man on man, in fact ive never actually played in a zonal marking system, id love to try it.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

kirua_zodiac10
Sophomore Member

erm. can someone please explain what is zone and man on man

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

kirua_zodiac10 wrote:erm. can someone please explain what is zone and man on man
Well this only applies when your defending set pieces, these types of marking, man on man marking is when every player is assigned a man to mark and to stay on him and make sure he doesnt get an opportunity to score. Zonal marking is when each man marks a certain area in the 18 yard box and makes sure noone is allowed to get into those areas and get a chance to score.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Mine need to play zonal because the opposing forwards are smart. They don't stick to one place like typical English forwards. They now drop back more often to trick my partners.