Maximizing your performance

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 15 Aug 2007, 05:06

Is it possible to have a reverse-ideal effect? I mean, when it comes to my life (in an important event), sometimes I expect it to be good, sometimes I expect it to be bad. In many cases good assumptions turn into bad results, and vice versa. Is is possible to program the idea that the result of the game wouldn't be as good as you think so it to you the end result is much more satisfying than it looks or would that be bad for you in the long run because it causes you to make quick assumptions from game to game which will cap your performance to a certain maximum or minimum?

Darksp00n

Post by Darksp00n » 19 Aug 2007, 20:15

Hey rzadzinski i ordered the book but it isnt there yet. It's a racing book but how much can you compare the book with football? The whole text or just a few pages? I hope you can help me.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 20 Aug 2007, 04:48

It's all about mental preparation and if you can take what he says about driving a car and change it to the fundamentals of learning skills and playing at optimum levels in football, it should help.
Is it possible to have a reverse-ideal effect? I mean, when it comes to my life (in an important event), sometimes I expect it to be good, sometimes I expect it to be bad. In many cases good assumptions turn into bad results, and vice versa. Is is possible to program the idea that the result of the game wouldn't be as good as you think so it to you the end result is much more satisfying than it looks or would that be bad for you in the long run because it causes you to make quick assumptions from game to game which will cap your performance to a certain maximum or minimum?
Ok, it's taken me a couple reads to try and understand what you're saying.

This shouldn't really have anything to do with the result of the game at all. This is completely about your performance and not the result. Look into a game and focus on your task, visualize a good performance and stay relaxed but determined. Light your fire and make sure you really get prepared for the game, the results will come, don't think about them. Set a goal (or constant reminder) of scoring and needing to score, and being hungry for it will help you reach your target drastically. It's worked for me amazingly once you get it right. Don't set out expectations but maybe set goals just like you do in any sort of training and it can help your game as you already know. Any more?
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Darksp00n

Post by Darksp00n » 20 Aug 2007, 21:52

rzadzinski can i continue your text when i have the book?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 20 Aug 2007, 22:05

Adding on? Sure...
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

messimaradona

Post by messimaradona » 29 Jun 2008, 23:02

Sorry for double posting, i thought the enter button would make a new paragraph, but my second question is is there a way to positivly channel anger for a postive use, because sometimes i feel when I'm angry, i can still focus and preform harder than what i was prior to my anger, Thanks

messimaradona

Post by messimaradona » 29 Jun 2008, 23:05

Darn, im too new too this, lol, my first question was about the brain waves, should we use the beta waves when practicing and the Alpha/Theta during games like you would use Beta when studying for a test and alpha/ Theta while taking the test becasue you already know the information. I found this a little confusing so if someone could clairfy it that would be great

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 09 Jul 2008, 03:51

messimaradona wrote:Sorry for double posting, i thought the enter button would make a new paragraph, but my second question is is there a way to positivly channel anger for a postive use, because sometimes i feel when I'm angry, i can still focus and preform harder than what i was prior to my anger, Thanks
Sure you can channel anger into positives, that's the best way to do it.

Most likely you will be in the Beta state (because of peak concentration and alertness) when playing, but when visualizing using the Alpha/Theta waves would be most beneficial. I would say any time you are playing soccer you will be in the Beta state (unlike in racing where you attempt to get to Alpha/Theta). But when visualizing, being in a state with Alpha/Theta brain waves will be best. The mind can process much better in this state.

-Alexander Ovechkin

messi19
Veteran Member

Post by messi19 » 09 Jul 2008, 17:40

Rzad, normally before a game I try to keep myself calm or quite so I can really focus on the game. But when in the start of the game I tend to get abit nervous and shakey.
Most of my team-mates like to listin to music to get all pumped up for the game. Should I try somthing alternative? Or should I stick with what im doing?

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 09 Jul 2008, 18:16

Yeah, if music helps you, go for it. I listen to music before games, but I don't get totally sidetracked and completely jacked because of it. It might help you because instead of being quiet and overthinking the game you might be more relaxed when it comes to gametime. Basically, anything you can do to stop yourself from getting tense once you step on the pitch should help.

-Alexander Ovechkin

BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

Post by BuzzingBee » 09 Jul 2008, 18:48

GREAT GUIDE
silly question
but
would you say this would benefit all levels of play from like
Begiiner to Advanced? new timers nd old timers son?
Practice and drive are all you need, You will become good, if not great, and then, if you wish to go further, the opportunities will come to you - Rome_Leader

BuzzingBee's at it again

messi19
Veteran Member

Post by messi19 » 09 Jul 2008, 19:02

BuzzingBee wrote:silly question
If it was a "silly" question, I dont think Rzad would of answered it.

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 09 Jul 2008, 19:07

BuzzingBee wrote:GREAT GUIDE
silly question
but
would you say this would benefit all levels of play from like
Begiiner to Advanced? new timers nd old timers son?
Definitely, it could. For beginners it might help even more as skills need to be developed even more. But it might take some time before you see results or anything.

-Alexander Ovechkin

BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

Post by BuzzingBee » 09 Jul 2008, 19:08

Great,thats cool
i guess i need to know more about the game to understand the experience concept?
Practice and drive are all you need, You will become good, if not great, and then, if you wish to go further, the opportunities will come to you - Rome_Leader

BuzzingBee's at it again

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 09 Jul 2008, 19:10

Well, just visualizing some skills with all your senses can help you progress in development.

-Alexander Ovechkin