Maximizing your performance

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 15 Mar 2007, 23:10

Wow!!! Just noticed all the guides are in here now. Sweet!!!
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

opm
Sophomore Member

Post by opm » 16 Mar 2007, 14:10

excellent Post . I have not read something that has improved my game play this much in a while. The mental aspects of the game are very important and im glad that someone has gone the distance and has listed (take it from me) proven to deal with the mental trauma of the game.

thx again good work
Life's a grave, dig it

lil_samba
Sophomore Member

Post by lil_samba » 01 Apr 2007, 12:36

OMG!!!
u are actually a god.
the way this was written u could write a book mate!!!
hahaha
anyway I read this like almost five times, I found it great and gave it to some of my team mates, and they think its great.

Thanks a lot for putting ur effort into this write up and GOD I cant wait for the end product

Peace=)
be happy everytime =)

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life » 01 Apr 2007, 14:45

lil_samba wrote:OMG!!!
u are actually a god.
the way this was written u could write a book mate!!!
That's because some of it was from a book :lol:

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 01 Apr 2007, 15:17

Haha, it was from a book as Soccer4Life said. it wasn't really a football book, at all, but I converted some more important parts, added some of my own examples, mixed things around a bit, used like 5 hours or something, and voila, that guide.

I am not God, just yet... :D
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

soccerchild27

Post by soccerchild27 » 03 Apr 2007, 18:15

Great post... this is exactly what i was looking for. my buddhism books don't focus on the utilization of the meditation, they just say to do it to find your inner person and true happiness. That is good and needed too but this is by far more helpful to my athletic motives.

I have a question about deprogramming, how am i supposed to deprogram my brain (when it comes to ball control)? I have had few successes with burning the opposition and when i did, i was in a subconscious state, and i don't remember what i was thinking or did. This happens so infrequently that the only thing i know about these times is that there is no doubt at all. I need to be able to control that and know how, when to use it. If i use it for the whole game it isn't fun anymore, i like knowing what i'm doing, it seems unitentional, and like i didn't really do it.

Actually i've been screwing up so much that i stopped playing center-mid and dropped back to defense where i'm not allowed to do any fancy dribbling. Screwing up is so deep rooted in me that i can't visualize anything other than screwing up...i need to know how to rid myself of this even when i go to do a trick again in a game and it doesn't work.

2 more more things, how do you access you skill level? I mean if you know that 10 year olds are better than you elsewhere how do you say "okay i suck at this, this, this, and that", and still be able to build and improve? I know i shouldn't focus on that and i don't at practice time but i mean how can i not know i suck when there is proof that i do? Basically how do i believe in myself when everything and everyone tells me not to.
The last thing is, how do i make sure that when programming myself i'm not doing it wrong? and should programming happen before during or after extensive training? Like should i try to [de/re]program before going out and practining again? that doesn't seem like it makes sense to do but i need to make sure that i'm not practing skills that will hinder me later.

Answers to these questions would be... i know no words to describe how happy i'd be if I could get all the help i'm requesting. If this should have been a message to rzadzinski, my b.
Image Credit to stephez

"Train and never stop dreaming.If you have a dream, you must give EVERYTHING for it."-Ronaldinho

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 03 Apr 2007, 22:24

No that was a few good questions.
1. How to deprogram/reprogram?

Mentally and Physically. Mentally, when visualizing, you always have to program with the right technique and always think that you have control etc. Positive thinking is always necessary. If you're starting to think negatively, get that trigger!!! I use the trigger of a perfect shot going straight into the net. I use all my senses in my visualization and I usually feel a lot better and more focused. That's basically the only way to deprogram, reprogramming!! So you're basically just programming it the right way and updating your program. Always keep updating your program, as stated before in my guide.

2. I'm not sure if I understand your question. Using subconscious state?

Well, is you play better in subconscious, try and get in that state as much as possible, I go through it a lot in the guide. It doesn't matter if you don't remember what you did. Obviously you have practiced it, and it automatically came out smooth in the game. That's exactly what you want!!! I really don't see how you can get bored of your practice going right. Don't worry about remembering what you did. Always think of what's ahead, you really shouldn't get bored. Using it the entire game is harder, but more useful, you play better, get it?

3. Screwing Up?

You are thinking negative!! Stop, stop right there!!! Think of something happy, nice, whatever, just don't think about screwing up in soccer. Pink Bunnies!!! They're so cute and cuddly!!! See? You thought of messing up at first, then you thought of pink bunnies. So what you think is what you get. If you're stronger mentally, it doesn't matter how horrible you are, you will play to your capabilities more often. If you're going into a game thinking of screwing up, and you think that you do, you will! Re-read my guide, you have to keep thinking positive. Your only worrying and bringing yourself down.

4. Worrying?

Don't worry about the 10 year olds!!! Worry about your own game!!! That's how you access your skill level. Think about your own skills. Think about practicing getting the technique right, then it will come automatically in a game. You can't say you suck at this this this and this. Try this instead, I have to improve on this, this, this and this. But I am also pretty good at this, this, this and this. Always add a positive instead of all of your negatives. Block out all the negatives, I said that in my guide. Most people will say things which have a negative effect. Get that trigger going as soon as you hear something negative. Get that positive thought and use it as your shield. Get it more now? Yes, you might not be as good as others, but who cares. Tell yourself positive things like: "I'm going to practice and get better." Things like that you know? Use it as motivation to get better!!!

5. Programming?

Programming occurs when your practicing. Programming is practice. So basically, practice something right, and you'll do it right in the game. And mental programming (visualization) is whenever. I do it before sleep sometimes, before games always, sometimes before training sessions. Programming is basically just doing it right. So just do your skills right in practice or in visualization, and your skills should come quicker.

As long as you keep positive and practice your skills right, all should be good. Easier said then done I know for a fact, but it helps, I hope!!

Ask more questions here if you feel!!

-Alexander Ovechkin

soccerchild27

Post by soccerchild27 » 07 Apr 2007, 23:27

hmmm... you make it sound like i didn't read your guide...that's silly, of course i read it. i had those questions after reading it. I appreactiate the response though. I was hoping that you could maybe explain those areas a bit more, but it's okay now.

1. Programming-good...that's what i needed to know

2. Subconsious-You said in your guide that these things should become automatic. My question is then how do you get the expience and fun out of the game if everything is on autopilot? I think of autopilot as laking the passion and emotions envoked by playing conscouisly. How is playing without consious thought fun? You're not controlling the momement your like a slave to your own self? Maybe...you just mean doing little things like trapping on autopilot? In that case, Yes i agree the game can still be fun and is better.

3. Screwing up-Everything in life tells us to learn from our mistakes. If we do something that gets us humiliated and ashamed why i want continue to make an ass of myself by screwing up so much and if my screw up leads to a goal, it's not just me who gets negative...i do understand what you are saying though. It's just that part of me says don't be stupid, learn from your mistakes.

4. Worry- Compared to my standards i am only good at stealing the ball from kids my size or smaller and am okay at passing in indoor, nothing high. So how am not supposed to worry when i know that those thing need immense improvement when time is of the esseince, and when i know that if i lower my standards that i won't be up to par with the boys from anywhere else. I don't have that many positives to counter the negatives.

5. programing-cool thanks 8)[/b]
Image Credit to stephez

"Train and never stop dreaming.If you have a dream, you must give EVERYTHING for it."-Ronaldinho

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 07 Apr 2007, 23:37

1. Ok good.

2. Yes, that's more of what I mean. Your skills and things are done on autopilot. Yeah, you can have your own conscious thoughts, as they will always come. And of course, having fun is necessary. But doing the skills on autopilot are the best.

3. That's you I guess.

4. Try and make positives, there surely are some positives. You might just be blinding yourself with negatives. See a little bit of light, and it might just come easier for you.

5. Great!

-Alexander Ovechkin

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 19 Apr 2007, 17:17

a very useful post !! :D
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 19 Apr 2007, 20:22

Sorry, I'm way off topic here, but nice to see you around FCBarcelona. :)

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 20 Apr 2007, 01:14

HEY man nice to be back! 8)
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

adnankhan
Veteran Member

Post by adnankhan » 04 Jul 2007, 01:23

holy sh*t man....thats is long :o :o ....i dont have enough patient to read that...it mite take me a month to finish that guide.... :o :o

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 04 Jul 2007, 15:22

Get some snacks, a lot of snacks, and read! :lol:

-Alexander Ovechkin

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life » 04 Jul 2007, 17:15

Yeah, I went through like my entire bag of popcorn :shock: