Maximizing your performance

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
wcswarriors

Post by wcswarriors » 01 Mar 2007, 04:05

that was AAAAAAAAAAMAAAAZING im definately buyint that book. thanks mate

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 01 Mar 2007, 05:20

Haha, no problemo. It's for motorsport, but I think it's really worth it!!! It's also a very interesting read, and you learn a lot about your mind. And with the most important parts, you can just change motorsport to football. And of course there are some parts which don't relate to footy, but it's worth reading for the knowledge and for the fun. :wink:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 01 Mar 2007, 21:00

haha im gonna gonna unsticky it and then sticky it again. Whats the point you may ask i dont know but i beat iwannagopro. WOooowwwww

jbog91

Post by jbog91 » 02 Mar 2007, 05:03

Wow. Great post. 5 stars, if I could give them. :D I'm gone try this because in all honesty, it makes sense. Scientists say that if we could use 100% of our brain, we would likely be able to control the environment around us to a certain extent. There are still things about the brain scientists don't know.

sminyard
New User

Post by sminyard » 02 Mar 2007, 19:19

I hope my shoes are intimidating to the other players :)

Also the part about trying versus doing goes right inline with my altime favortie starwars nerdy quote, " Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

Good post. I like a thoughtful aproach to any skill set, and this definately falls into that catagory.

Good work man, keep adding to it! :D

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 02 Mar 2007, 20:05

jbog91 wrote:Wow. Great post. 5 stars, if I could give them. :D I'm gone try this because in all honesty, it makes sense. Scientists say that if we could use 100% of our brain, we would likely be able to control the environment around us to a certain extent. There are still things about the brain scientists don't know
Interesting point. I've also seen scientists say that what we see with our eyes is much more than we comprehend in our brains. Of all the information our eyes gather by looking at everything, we only use 20% of it. So there could be a whole world out there that we are blind to!
Click it

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 03 Mar 2007, 03:09

Says the man who wonders of a world with no hypothetical questions... :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Saibomb
Veteran Member

Post by Saibomb » 10 Mar 2007, 02:10

awesome, thanks man

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 10 Mar 2007, 04:36

rzadzinski wrote:Says the man who wonders of a world with no hypothetical questions... :lol:
Too true.

However yes... I know some people who have talked telepathically, and I often wonder if ghosts are those things that we don't see because our brains don't process them.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 10 Mar 2007, 04:44

I'd rather not think that!!! I'm fine now thank you!

-Alexander Ovechkin

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 10 Mar 2007, 04:46

This topic is really making me think, and all this thinking is making my head hurt! :P ... seriously though, there are some great thinking questions that have been raised in this topic. That thing about ghosts is cool, iwannagopro. Really makes you sit and think...

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 10 Mar 2007, 04:51

Haha, I should add a part about not overthinking, it gets you into trouble!!! Unless it's already in there... :?

-Alexander Ovechkin

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 10 Mar 2007, 05:15

rzadzinski wrote:Haha, I should add a part about not overthinking, it gets you into trouble!!! Unless it's already in there... :?
On the converse, overthinking would bring you to a higher state of wisdom, and then maybe you would see the ghosts!

Haha, I dunno mate... I just know that there are ghosties of sorts, just that they are not something that Hollywood makes them out to be. They can't touch you, and you can't touch them... maybe the live in a different dimension that is in the same spot as ours, and every once in a while the dimension thins out and a ghost pops here for a second. Interesting points are there to be made.

However, one of my favorite questions is one that I made up when I was 7 years
old. Hypothetically (sorry ajc), imagine that you have built a spaceship that you can go in, and it travels several times faster than the speed of light. Now, as most of us know, the universe is expanding at an extremely quick rate. So what would happen if we drove our space ship so far that it hit the edge of the universe?

There has to be an edge, because the universe is getting pulled apart... so what happens when you go to the edge, and then hit it? Is that "heaven"? Is that a higher state of being? Take a moment and think about it.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 10 Mar 2007, 05:41

Haha. Good thinking!!!

But there are some things in life where you just have to go with your gut. Tests for example, unless it's a really tricky one, go with your gut. But most of these thinking and creative ideas you get, are when you aren't really trying to! Is it just me, or when you are about to fall asleep and you get lots of great ideas, and you can just think in that state of mind when nothing else matters. That's when you can really use your brain, and it's not overthinking, its just thinking out of what you normally do, because your brain is in that state of mind. Overthinking is worrying and not being sure of what you are doing, so you think of everything that could happen, hence the getting nervous. But yeah, interesting points.

-Alexander Ovechkin

Ronnie9

Post by Ronnie9 » 13 Mar 2007, 14:54

This is such a great post rzadzinski, I'm sure it'll work for me and it's exactly what I've been looking for. keep up the good work bro.