Maximizing your performance

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
soccer_after_death
Veteran Member

Post by soccer_after_death » 14 Jul 2008, 05:51

Kakasgotskillz wrote:Is it possible to have a reverse-ideal effect? I mean, when it comes to my life (in an important event), sometimes I expect it to be good, sometimes I expect it to be bad. In many cases good assumptions turn into bad results, and vice versa. Is is possible to program the idea that the result of the game wouldn't be as good as you think so it to you the end result is much more satisfying than it looks or would that be bad for you in the long run because it causes you to make quick assumptions from game to game which will cap your performance to a certain maximum or minimum?
I think, once again, I think , that what kaka is trying to say is not to improve his performance, but to keep his confidence and self esteem up, even after a bad loss... This is done by setting low standards... Though I wouldnt advise u to use it, it doe work in some situations.... Like when ur playing a team and losing badly( RDR vs. Drillers LOL) at half time u could
set some goal for yourself and try and accomplish, however small it may
be.... In the end, after the game is over and ur team has gotten steamrolled... U have a small feeling of accomplishment..."we lost, but I managed to get in some good crosses" etc...
hate to say it, but I have used this "technique" in the past.... And itsone of the few things that saves u from a week of depression after a 13-0 loss LOL..

ganaa261092
Veteran Member

Post by ganaa261092 » 15 Jul 2008, 05:54

wow, this post helped me tons. like before i knew what it was but how helpful and important mental strength was. I even saw some improvements. Great post. :)

kamal16
New User

Post by kamal16 » 26 Jan 2009, 01:32

wow thnx alot for this post, am sure it will help me alot in the future. i've already been visualizing skills and shooting just for fun when am bored lol, and i've noticed my shooting getting alot better even though i havent practiced as much. THis just makes sense of it all. Again thnx alot for this.

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 29 Jan 2009, 09:11

Sweet post I need to read it in more depth I think.

Get it, I think......ha..ha

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 03 Feb 2009, 06:40

Ah yes the days of writing this, my glory days! :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 05 Feb 2009, 21:57

it is soo true.. you dont need anything like law of attraction or nothing. all you need is to maximizr your performance

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 04 Jan 2010, 16:29

Helped me alot recently so bump

foodsample

Post by foodsample » 05 Jan 2010, 03:45

Amazing stuff. Agree 100 percent with the article.

I am also a hockey goaltender, and a great deal is focused on the mental aspect of the position nowadays, which includes things like. Focus on the effort, not the result. And how your attitude will directly affect your result.

Good stuff, I hope more people will read this.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Re: Maximizing your performance

Post by rzadzinski » 30 Nov 2016, 07:01

All these years, still the post I can go back to and learn from. So hard to execute on all of this, but the fundamentals were invaluable concepts. Crazy for me to look back and see my obsession about it then, but it totally makes sense.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin