my own worst nightmare

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
onni
New User

i have a bit of a problem, i am reasonably good at football and everything but when i make a mistake i am so hard on myself, say if i mess up a pass or a shot i beat my self up about it, also after the game i always only think of the negative stuff i did and never the posotive stuff.

is there any way i can get over this????????

KPatel

Change your view of how you play. Look for the positives. If you mess up, it's okay, no one's perfect.
I'm no Jesus, Moses, or Mohammed, but this might help.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

You just should not beat yourself up over things. Easy as that. If you ever notice that you are beating yourself up over something, stop, breathe deeply for 10 seconds, then start up again. It is no biggy, it is not the end of the world, you made a mistake, and it is over. Just don't worry about it, and you will do fine! Peace out man.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Yeah just forget about it and play your heart out to make up for the mistake, it will help you a lot. Leave it be, no one's perfect. I was like this at the beginning of the season because I felt on my team I had to do almost everything and that no one else really cared to play. And then when I didn't have a good game I beat up on myself. Now, I'm not so negative about my team and I just go out have fun, and try my best to do as much as I can, the rest will fall into place. If I make a mistake, oh well, get back onto it and win the ball back...
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

soccer11
Admin

well i say, look at ronaldinho. he's pretty much always smililng even after a bad play, probably becuase he's thinking about what good he's done or the good he will do in the following moments

KPatel

God you and Ronaldinho! :roll: jk
He must be a perfect roll model.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

soccer11 wrote:well i say, look at ronaldinho. he's pretty much always smililng even after a bad play, probably becuase he's thinking about what good he's done or the good he will do in the following moments
I sort of agree, but I think Ronaldinho has the ability to laugh at himself and say, "Wow...That was a really bad play I just made". Stay positive, take a few deep breaths and brush it off. Don't think about errors as they will be more likely to be made again.

onni
New User

thanks a lot guys, ill keep that in mind

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

No problem. This site is meant for footballers to ask and give advice. Good Luck. Remember, stay positive! :D

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

I have the same problem. What i like to do is when i do the most stupidest thing, or i mess up the most perfect play, i'll laugh. Or i'll beat myself up about it. But if that doesn't work, forget about what happened, whenever i feel like i can do better, i can, all i do is just play on, forget what happened, and just...play i guess.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

opm
Sophomore Member

play some fifa 07 against your friends and u will realize that no matter what you do the game will force you to look stupid and make mistakes. playing fifa with ur friends helps u cope with that crappy mind set because u dont wanna look stupid in front of your peers. This is why u need to be a cocky player because the more arrogant and confident u are the more resistant u will feel toward the effects of failure. ALWAYS stay cool
Life's a grave, dig it

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

All I can say is:

viewtopic.php?t=8145

It should help you be positive. :wink:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Foxmero

if you are really desperate in not feeling bad think of all the bad stuff that happened to the pros and the mistakes like zidane or missed penalties and that makes your situation looks so inferior to theirs. Think of how they have to cope with mass media and what not while you will probaly forget about it in a weeks time. Dont feel bad cause people learn from mistakes. If you think your pro ( not meaning you of course im talking about cockyiness and stuff) your not truley cause the only perfect person is the one that learns from his mistakes and know his weakness and continues to work on it damn i blab so much sorry

YEs my 10th post WOO HOO