NO
25%

Total votes: 28

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev » 07 May 2005, 01:43

Sokrfreak515 and soccerchic_06,
drive once U've got Ur licence.

But be patient with Urself for now. Don't go throwing tantrum after losses or being substituted.

noah
Sophomore Member

Post by noah » 16 Jun 2005, 19:01

soccer freak/chick about getting to games, that reminds me of a hockey player Anthony Stewart who grew up near me in Scarborough. He came from a very poor family, so to get to his games he would take public transit... and that's with a huge hockey bag. Anthony was on the gold medal canadian junior team and drafted by the Florida Panthers of the NHL.

i know this anecdote won't help your situation, but as everyone on this forum has repeated constantly it's your determination that determines how far you go.

as for cliques on your team.. these girls to grow up, i'm not friends with every player on my team and some i barely talk to at all (those who don't speak english) but when i'm on the field i try to make the best play, without regard to who is going to recieve the ball and if any player does something special i make sure to congratulate them.

as for solving that problem, it sounds like something for the team captain. Your captain needs to make it clear that in order to win you need to all respect each other.. given your captain isnt one of those girls you're complaining about.
think two passes ahead.

footballlover5
New User

Post by footballlover5 » 17 Jun 2005, 02:42

hey soccer chick/freak maybe if ur parents would let u at least try out u could maybe get a ride with another player on ur team

pascalfrik

Post by pascalfrik » 17 Jun 2005, 05:26

yeah that's what i would have done

lukeplaysfootball
New User

cliques

Post by lukeplaysfootball » 17 Jun 2005, 17:20

i have this exact same problem- playing at school there are a group of people who all live by each other- they only pass to each other and no-one else this can get really quite annoying

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 18 Jun 2005, 07:42

I've played for a couple of teams that had cliques, and even my current school team has cliques in it which I can't fit well i.

Well that's the harsh reality of playing in less competitive football, which is why I've joined a club since then.

It's true that cliques do ruin the game and I play horrible in teams with cliques.