Taking my time

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
erivera

When i am playing in games my coach saysd that i need to calm down and control the ball. When i am playing i try to take on several players and i get one or two before it gets taken away from me. My problem is that when i am platying for games at my school i feel rushed. My teammates say that i need to calm down. I usually end up losing the ball from trying to take defenders on. I also feel like i am being rushed. I just need some suggestions on what i can do to improve and stop takin on all the team.

soccer11
Admin

I have that exact same problem. My coach told me to work on my first touch, for whatever reason. He also told me to pass the ball instead of trying to dribble. Thats ok, except when your teammates start yelling at you too, cuz when that happens i feel more nervous and i cant calm down when i have my teammates yelling at me. I try to block them out but i cant seem to do that.

Gmore

I kinda have the opposite problem that you guys have. I am cool, calm, and composed on the field. It has its upside, but at times I get caught losing 50/50 balls and playing too slow. My advice would be to find that median between extreme intensity and extreme calm. Rather than trying to play slower you should try to concentrate on doing everything correctly.

As for your teammates yelling at you, at practice you should be taking few touches and getting the ball to your teammates quickly. If you've ever played with a player who plays 1 and 2 touch all the time, he's a joy to play with.

Good luck,

Gmore

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Man just calm down, dont feel rushed with the ball. try taking it step by step with your play, instead, make the team rushed so that way you guys can make pressure for the other team. when you have the ball in possesion try to stay calm and pass alot, dont always try to keep it for yourself.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Just hold your man behind your back and if you got nowhere to go and he trys to poke the ball or something you can play it back or dive. 8)
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

cHaVa
Veteran Member

yeah that true...

Maradona
Veteran Member

I have the same problem, sometime I rush or some time I relax too much.
When I rush I don't know what to do with the ball especially when we play 3 v 3 or 4v4 indoors, there are no formation you just gotta run with the ball and shoot in the hockey net. Teamates rarely passes you.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.