Nervousness before every soccer match

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
soccerstud14
New User

Nervousness before every soccer match

Post by soccerstud14 » 26 Mar 2006, 00:31

I am 14 and I take soccer very seriously. I LOVE soccer, but I always get nervous before games. Can anyone help me break this habit.
-Thanks

fide

Post by fide » 26 Mar 2006, 00:37

a dude your nervousness will fade out over time so don't worry, well that's what happened to me, lol.
cruz azul is the best mexican team in my opinion, lol. harreba el cruz azul.

zizou10-5

Post by zizou10-5 » 26 Mar 2006, 01:38

learn to forget what is at stake, jsut don't be nervous, nobody is going to literally hit u if u make a mistake, even Ronaldinho makes a mistake, this yr i saw Deco pass him the ball, n he meant to make a 1st touch with this left but in went in between his legs n went out, he just laughs.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 26 Mar 2006, 19:18

let the nervousness motivate you. everyone messes up, everyone misses shots, and everyone makes bad passes. if you worry about screwing up, you'll forget how to take chance once in a while, which can lead to better things. i know it's cliche, but just relax. let your feet guide you.
Hala Galacticos

soccerstud14
New User

Post by soccerstud14 » 26 Mar 2006, 21:01

Thanks guys for the awesome advice.
I have stopped becoming nervous already.
-Thanks Again

LeftySkills
New User

Post by LeftySkills » 18 Apr 2006, 21:52

Yeah I get nervous before games too, I have one today its the my first with this team. Im getting butterflys in my stomach thinking about it! But most of the time if it with a team I've been with for awhile Im pretty calm and focused.
Soccer is fun ^_^ I play every day.

me when I score----> <(''<) <(''^) (^'')> (>'')> \('')/

ole21
Sophomore Member

Post by ole21 » 21 Apr 2006, 20:45

i personally love the buterflies that get in my stomach. as long as you don't get too nervous, like so nervous you can't pass a ball, i think the nerves can really help. for me it's like an anxious nervousness where you kinda just pace up and down and your legs are just itching to go. i also think there's a difference between nervousness and fear. if you're afraid of the team you're playing or you're affraid of screwing up, then you might as well not play. but if you just have those butterflies in your stomach, great things can happen.

LeftySkills
New User

Post by LeftySkills » 22 Apr 2006, 19:57

Yeah I played that game that day and actually found out that im pretty much the best player on my team. Im playing in a high school league too. I scored 2 out of the five goals on my team as a defender!
Soccer is fun ^_^ I play every day.

me when I score----> <(''<) <(''^) (^'')> (>'')> \('')/

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 01 May 2006, 01:35

I used to feel nervous because i started with a new team a couple months ago. But once i got used to all the players and coaches i felt fine. I think a lot of ppl go though this. You just have to not "over-think" what you are doing in a game. If u play on a competitive level you are obviously a decent player, and if u just relax and play your game you will play better than if u are constantly analyzing every little decision you make. That's what has helped me anyway.

Also make sure you work hard at practice and maybe try a trick or two. I know that if i nutmeg a couple players in practice and score a goal or two it always boosts my confidence for the next game.
Click it

calisoccer

Post by calisoccer » 01 May 2006, 22:01

i always feel really nervous before games. But this helped a little bit.But just a little. http://www.youtube.com/w/worst-of-socce ... rch=soccer[/quote][/url]