Shoulder-barging

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
NUFREAK
New User

Is it legal however powerful a shoulder barge is? E.g. if u come over and shoulder barge someone and send them flying. Also, can you stand on the ball and shoulder barge the defender running at you away?

jdefoe
Forum groupie

If 2 people are fighting for the ball shoulder to shoulder it is not a foul unless you drop the shoulder to push the other player. Also, if the arms come up, the ref will call it.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

what jdfoe says is right, but one time this girl hit me and i went flying-litterally!!! i was up i dkn how far in he air and went about 10 ft, and they didnt call it.
So, i dkn what they call and dont.....

Maradona
Veteran Member

10 ft dats amazin! I never fell dat hard or never flew dat far
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

totaldutch
New User

It all deoends on the ref. ive had refs that would let you come flying out of no where and hit them with no punishment and then ive had others that if you even make them stumble its a yellow. so it depends on the ref

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Shoulder barge: it's a test of upper body strength.

When U give a light barge, not an offence.
Heavy ones that can send people flying, yes. Even when U're protecting the ball. But cueing up for a heavy one, Ur body movement is rather obvious. Refs can see. But not to the extend of getting yellow card.

frizzyan
Veteran Member

jdefoe is right but refs can often times be biased especially in smaller leagues where refs are less trained.

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

I play a few games w/my friends and I'm pretty hard to push back and ever time I start to push they just give up and say that it's a foul so is it or are they just weak and also what about elbows are you allowed to use them?
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

fir_nev

They're just weak... C'mon, if they are determined, they'll continue to challenge U with their upper body strength.

If Ur elbow rests on their chests, it's ok unless U are getting ready to knock few teeth out with it that it can cost U a yellow or red card.

coop8

iv'e noticed that it really depends on the ref

footballlover5
New User

i consider it playing weak if you get shouldered off the ball. i sometimes send some kids to the ground on shoulder barges it's not against the rules. it is just playing phyiscal and strong.

fir_nev

Absolutely.

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Indeed. i have to admit ive gotten away with many many many things that should have been a red card. and it even got me a goal. i got past a player and he double teamed me along with another gentleman and the other young man got it, and he was guarding it and i went full speed and barged him with my sholder out of the way took it and scored. lol

mrbeankid22

One time a shoulder barged a kid like 2 feet taller than me and we both tripped and fell. I was very embarrased :oops:

Kew

hi guys
i played a game where i was on the break, chasing a thru ball, the defender chased as well from the left. the defender and i got to the ball at the same time, however i was running in a straight line, and he came from an angle. he jumped into me to knock the ball out, but he bounced off and roll.

did i foul him? or was he jsut an idiot?