faking a foul

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
hackr17

i once saw a player fake a foul and he got a yellow card.

does anyone know if this actually does happen?
3-17-4

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Yeha, all the time. Especially in La Liga, kinda cool if you get away with it but it's not good for the sport. Kaka' and C. Ronaldo do this the most.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Don't U know that faking a foul is a yellow card offence?! :shock:

madridfc
Veteran Member

yeah, christiano ronaldo's such a wimp. just get on with the game!
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

jdefoe
Forum groupie

madridfc wrote:yeah, christiano ronaldo's such a wimp. just get on with the game!
i strongly dislike him.

NUFREAK
New User

Yeah, I'm surprised that you don't know that rule. It is called 'diving'. Ring any bells? It's one of the biggest things in football at the moment, and they talk about it all the time on tv and radio etc. Obviously you can't be watching/listening to any football shows. So why are you writing on this 'football' site if you aren't interested in football!!!
P.S. You do know what "offside" is don't you?

madridfc
Veteran Member

easy nufreak, it doesn't really even matter that much. now let's be nice :D
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

soccer11
Admin

I have no respect for people who dive. I just cant. they're playing wrong and ruining the game i think. They should just get on with the game. They are wimps and they want to get all the calls when one day when it really is a foul the refs wont call it and i'm gonna laugh histercally.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

totti got a red card (actually his second yellow) for diving against south korea. what did you guys think about that? i didn't think it was a dive, but then again, i'm an italy supporter
Hala Galacticos

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

I don't remember that, I remember C. Ronaldo diving almost every game.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

it was probably the worst officiated game in wc 2002. that and korea v spain. no wonder south korea made it so far, they had the matches fixed. i also wanted to ask this: there's a difference between going down easy and diving right? i don't mean falling when someone touches you, but like if you could have kept your balance, but you let them push you over, that's different than diving, isn't it?
Hala Galacticos

erivera

madridfc wrote:easy nufreak, it doesn't really even matter that much. now let's be nice :D
Thnk u

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

cfrealmadrid wrote:it was probably the worst officiated game in wc 2002. that and korea v spain. no wonder south korea made it so far, they had the matches fixed. i also wanted to ask this: there's a difference between going down easy and diving right? i don't mean falling when someone touches you, but like if you could have kept your balance, but you let them push you over, that's different than diving, isn't it?
I agree, I felt as Korea went far because they were at home.
FORÇA BARÇA!

NUFREAK
New User

Did anyone see Crespo's against Manchester United in the Champions League (Second Leg)? That was almost the perfect example of a dive. He just launched himself forward. I can't remember if he got booked. But I agree, disgraceful.

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Hah none more so than Pires.

Arsene Wenger- "I didn't see it"

Lol pires should join the French olympic diving team.

Actually C.Ronaldo doesn't exactly fake a foul in my opinion, he just goes down too easily after a light touch sometimes. But then most of the time, players hack him down.