How to improve creativity

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
Daniel
New User

I think you might be right because on training on tuesday we were practicing possesion and everytime i tried to pass the defender i got caught, although i held it for ages before making a move. So i have good standing control and i can sheild and move. So then i tried doing it quickly and i beat the defender but seemed to lose control alot. I was wondering if there is any tricks to keeping control. The obvious one seems to make smaller touches more quickly but then my moves are too slow. Can someone describe how your body is supposed to be when pulling off tricks thx.
A.C.E Pride

dooglas
Veteran Member

dont pull off tricks, yea it looks good, but it makes you concentrate more on the trick than what will happen after you do it, a couple of step overs and quick bursts and you should be fine!
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

Gunner_d14

I'm not sure about it because i myself prefer quick short passes..but your knees should be bent to provide a quicker reaction time. And don't think of a trick b4 hand..you never know what a defender is going to do..it's his movements that make the success of each trick. Anyhow consider that when it is pulled off tricks are cool but when you lose the ball and spoil a break then the team won't appreciate it very much
-The Beloved One-

Wiseman_philosopher

Apparently watching TV will improve your vision. I'm a good playmaker, and this is because over the years I've watched a hell of a lot of football on TV and then gone and worked out how moves are done.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

Gunner_d14

yea..it can help with deciing whether and when to play short or long passes or just drive in urself..
-The Beloved One-

Bennij
New User

you just need to have intuition. you need to have fun and be happy when you play. the lack of seriousness when you play makes you intuitive so you can be more creative and innovative. If you're like me, you would think of football as art. Paint a picture with the ball everytime you have it. It is a beautiful game, so treat it like it is. Think like an artist. think out of the box.

TIP - Dribble to the direction of your defender's weaker foot. Use your body more. Great players can shield the ball very well. Keep ur head up when you have the ball so that you can pin point your teammates locations to make passes.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Bennij wrote:you just need to have intuition. you need to have fun and be happy when you play. the lack of seriousness when you play makes you intuitive so you can be more creative and innovative. If you're like me, you would think of football as art. Paint a picture with the ball everytime you have it. It is a beautiful game, so treat it like it is. Think like an artist. think out of the box.

TIP - Dribble to the direction of your defender's weaker foot. Use your body more. Great players can shield the ball very well. Keep ur head up when you have the ball so that you can pin point your teammates locations to make passes.
great post. in beating a defender one v one, the weaker foot is usually the supporting foot. this is one of the main keys in beating someone
Hala Galacticos

J
Admin

to be creative i think you just have to be having fun and be confident in what you do and what your strengths are.

matt
EF Forum Legend

i agree with everything u hav all sed. also id lyk to add that if u know how ur strikers lyk to play it helps alot when ur setting up chances.

think about what the defenders expect u to do, and try and trick them with a pass or move. i play in a similar position and hav found that to be a great playmaker u must see chances/passes others dont. this is the key to creative play.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

frizzyan
Veteran Member

HOw to improve creativity?

Watch more footy videos! THat always helps me! :)

Get loads of compilations of star or rising-potential players. The stuff that some of them do is amazing. This will help inspire you and probably ring a few bells so you will know what to do!